Freeview for laptop

jimmypk:
well i have just bought a haupauge wintv nova t freeview dongle and a maxiview omnidirectional aerial with base for £100 when i recieve it i shall review it a tell you my findings! thanks for all your help

Would.you be kind enough to post a link to where you brought them?

Cheers,

Ollie

If you have sky at home just upload sky go on your laptop and then you have all the sky channels.

Eye tv go £35-£50 all the bits you need are in the box, always get some channels when I’m out and about.

tango boy:
If you have sky at home just upload sky go on your laptop and then you have all the sky channels.

Plus you can download box sets and films when your home to watch whilst away so no problem if you have no internet connection where your parked up, always good to have a box set on the go, most episodes tend to be 40-50 minutes long so perfect when your taking a 45.

Tiddyrobbo:

tango boy:

Plus you can download box sets and films when your home to watch whilst away so no problem if you have no internet connection where your parked up, always good to have a box set on the go, most episodes tend to be 40-50 minutes long so perfect when your taking a 45.

Yes you watch them offline :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’ve had an EE 4g wifi dongle for quite a while, handy for when the O2 signal on my iPhone is rubbish. Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 from Amazon for under £180, which I thought was pretty good for a 10.1", my old 8" Tab 3 cost me that, but wasn’t quite big enough. I tried a cheapie Tabtronics one, but the sound wasn’t very clever, I tried a Bluetooth transmitter to put the sound through the wagon stereo, but I think my phone, truck phone, all the wifi gear and radio were all interfering with each other, especially if I was running the microwave. The Samsung is bob on. Installed BBC iplayer, itvplayer, 4OD, Demand 5 and all the Sky Apps. Works a treat for me, and a doddle to carry around with me. If you want it a bit louder I can recommend the Bolse (not Bose) Bluetooth speaker on Amazon. Pumps out quite a bit of volume for something so small.

Pops77:
why not get laptop preload films onto it ready to be watched while ur away?

That’s what I do, I use an old laptop with a big screen loaded with films also a dvd player and a few box sets, if I want tv I download what I want to watch at home via the various players.
I also route the sound through the wagon speakers as laptop speakers are a bit ■■■ :wink:

Drift:

Pops77:

That’s what I do, I use an old laptop with a big screen loaded with films also a dvd player and a few box sets, if I want tv I download what I want to watch at home via the various players.
I also route the sound through the wagon speakers as laptop speakers are a bit ■■■ :wink:

By the time they have finished re arranging your cab Drifty there will be no room left for you lol :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:

Drift:

Pops77:

By the time they have finished re arranging your cab Drifty there will be no room left for you lol :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Sod off :laughing:
the redesign is coming along nicely thank you :blush:

I bought a little magnetic aerial from Maplins, looks like something from Ann Summers. I get Freeview everywhere now. Best £15 I ever spent.

PaulNowak:
I’ve had an EE 4g wifi dongle for quite a while, handy for when the O2 signal on my iPhone is rubbish. Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 from Amazon for under £180, which I thought was pretty good for a 10.1", my old 8" Tab 3 cost me that, but wasn’t quite big enough. I tried a cheapie Tabtronics one, but the sound wasn’t very clever, I tried a Bluetooth transmitter to put the sound through the wagon stereo, but I think my phone, truck phone, all the wifi gear and radio were all interfering with each other, especially if I was running the microwave. The Samsung is bob on. Installed BBC iplayer, itvplayer, 4OD, Demand 5 and all the Sky Apps. Works a treat for me, and a doddle to carry around with me. If you want it a bit louder I can recommend the Bolse (not Bose) Bluetooth speaker on Amazon. Pumps out quite a bit of volume for something so small.

Moving off topic a bit (sorry op) Paul Novak , the bolse blue tooth speaker , would it be suitable for hands free calls with iPhone?
Thanks
Jim

JFC999:

PaulNowak:

Moving off topic a bit (sorry op) Paul Novak , the bolse blue tooth speaker , would it be suitable for hands free calls with iPhone?
Thanks
Jim

I’ll give it a try tomorrow. Pretty sure it does, but tend to use my snooper for that. Pm me to give me a nudge if I don’t get back to you.

EDIT. Indeed it does, just tried it. Maybe the phone button on the top of it should have convinced me, but I had to give it a whirl just to double check.

Cheers Paul ! I’ve looked on Amazon price isn’t bad it’s the volume I want ,is it LOUD ■■
Thanks,
Jim

JFC999:
Cheers Paul ! I’ve looked on Amazon price isn’t bad it’s the volume I want ,is it LOUD ■■
Thanks,
Jim

For its size, I think it’s brilliant. Plenty loud enough for me.

hi all,

im new to this part of the site and as i have now got a job a thought it was only right for me to start posting here. im averging 1-2 nights away per week and im getting bored of magazines and books so i thought i would look into a tv but at prices ranging upwards of 100 i was a little put off so i was thinking what about laptop freeview? if any one uses it and could tell me the pros cons and the best equipment to get it would be greatly appreciated as i dont wish to spend money on tosh

many thanks

jimmypk

check out ebay for truck tv’s there not badly priced on there

thanks c barnes but even if they are cheap i have found you would still need to buy a decent aerial so its cheaper for me to use my laptop so just need pointers from people that used or have used it

i have a laptop and freeview dongle… but i find that you really do need an external aeriel as well in a lot of places, much the same as you would with a portable telly… Maplins do a few reasonably priced tv’s, here’s a link…maplin.co.uk/tv-and-satellite/tv

truckertone out of interest what setup have you got for your laptop?

bbc iplayer, 4od, itv player, are all good websites. tvcatchup.com/, never used this but should imagine its good.