free driver on sundays

removed

dont you worry your pretty little head about that clarkyboy,because me,and possibly a few other people,now work an extra day in the week …for nothing,thanks to their employers decreasing their weekly wage in percentage terms “due to the recession”,resulting in me now working 5/6 days a week for 4/5 days pay.

I think if someone posted saying that you shouldn’t offer to work for nothing, then that wouldn’t necessarily be slagging you off. Perhaps somebody who lives locally could take you out for the day for the ride?

removed

removed

Maybe you should post on the owners fleet operators forum.People wont like you under cutting them for ordinary work.If you double manned a job then thats not the same as working for nowt.

point taken,lock it up mods

Clarkyboy, i won’t lock it up, its a reasonable request. We don’t have anyone shunting on a Sunday, but if it was any other day, or night actually 6pm onwards then i’m sure i might of been able to sort you out. Our night man would love to ride shotgun whilst you do the driving and reversing. I’m sure something will come up for you.

Hi clarkyboy, I agree with Mike-C mate, cos it’s a good thing you’re asking.

IMHO, there’s nothing wrong with your wish to gain experience and advance your career.
To my way of thinking, the fact that you’re asking in this way demonstrates that you have a good attitude and aren’t scared of asking a good question. By the way, I’ve always believed that a good question deserves a good answer. :smiley:

I truly wish that I could suggest something suitable, but my wish that something good turns up for you will have to do instead for now.
Good luck to you mate. :wink:

just dont want to tread on anyones toes,im extremely lucky to be drivin class 2 full time,but just want to make that next step as easy and smooth as possible,for me and my employer.you cant buy experience,and never stop learning.

clarkyboy:
ok some people might not like this but im looking to get experience (c+e) and im even willing to work sunday days free of charge!!! i live in connahs quay,n.wales and can travel 30 mins from chester area.i am currently driving full time so could only do every other sunday but would have to clear it with my boss aswell.i have a full adr,digi card class c,c+e.
i dont mind if its shunting,i just need to get some reversing done and im not looking at this as free work,more like work experience.if you or anyone you know wants a driver drop me a pm.please dont start slagging me off sayin you wouldnt work for nothing etc et,like i say its work experience

thanks in advance

andy

Sorry but I have to disagree with others in this thread, I understand and respect your wish and endeavour to gain experience in class 1 and hope you get the chance of going out with another driver to gain experience.
However times are hard for some people and as you say your not looking to move on just yet, so if a Sunday driving job comes up personally I hope it goes to an agency driver many of whom are finding it difficult to find even the odd days work.

clarkyboy:
i know things are hard at the moment,and dont want to steal anyones job as im happy with the company im with,just want some experience

clarkyboy:
just dont want to tread on anyones toes,im extremely lucky to be drivin class 2 full time,but just want to make that next step as easy and smooth as possible,for me and my employer.you cant buy experience

You say you “don’t want to steal anyone’s job” but you obviously realise that’s exactly what you’re asking to do, you can’t offer to work for nothing and not expect to steal someone’s job.

I’m not sure what you mean by making the next step smooth for your employer :confused:
Are you likely to be driving class 1 for your current employer, if so why can’t they give you some experience ?

As I said I hope someone can take you out for the odd day and let you drive but I also hope it’s not in a genuine vacancy if you work for nothing.

By the way don’t worry about anyone slagging you off as it looks so far in this thread that I’m more likely to be criticised for not agreeing with what you’re suggesting :laughing:

Good luck with gaining the experience in class 1 :wink:

alamcculloch:
Maybe you should post on the owners fleet operators forum.People wont like you under cutting them for ordinary work.If you double manned a job then thats not the same as working for nowt.

If it’s a job that doesn’t really need to be double manned I agree, best advise so far in this thread in my opinion :smiley:

tachograph:
… By the way don’t worry about anyone slagging you off as it looks so far in this thread that I’m more likely to be criticised for not agreeing with what you’re suggesting :laughing:

Hi tachograph, I wouldn’t criticise you for making an equally valid and fair point.

I’d just say that it’s ultimately up to the relevant TM to decide who does what and who goes where… and whether anybody gets a chance.

IMHO, clarkyboy’s attitude to this is to be praised, because he’s not giving it: ‘I’ve got C+E so why won’t any {ZB} give me a chance?’
Rather, he’s realised he might need to do something to earn his spurs. I still say “good luck” to him, cos of the way he’s gone about it. :smiley:

Of course, you could always go out and get a class one job, if you apply for enough, I am sure eventually you would get one.

Hi mate i hope someone give you a go

but member one thing as you will not be an employee of the company you may work for for free and therefore not on the books there may be an insurance issue to as if you can driver tuck truck so check that out, cos if i right only employee’s can driver company trucks

If you are asking to go out for free with another driver and not drive the truck instead of another driver then I fail to see how that could be pinching a job !!
Or have I missed something… :question:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

a bit puzzled here cos your firm doe’s have artics, so why dont you ask them and if they wont let you maybes there’s a good reason.

another thing i find annoying is the fact before you were on crying for somebody to give you a chance which someone did you didnt fancy it cos you would have to get your hands dirty :confused: :confused: when you got flak for it and you got a job you took your toys home and didnt come back on…till now when you want someone else to do you another favour. so if somebody else helps you out are you going to stick your forks up and bugger off again :question: :question: :question:

clarkyboy:
ok some people might not like this but im looking to get experience (c+e) and im even willing to work sunday days free of charge!!! i live in connahs quay,n.wales and can travel 30 mins from chester area.i am currently driving full time so could only do every other sunday but would have to clear it with my boss aswell.i have a full adr,digi card class c,c+e.
i dont mind if its shunting,i just need to get some reversing done and im not looking at this as free work,more like work experience.if you or anyone you know wants a driver drop me a pm.please dont start slagging me off sayin you wouldnt work for nothing etc et,like i say its work experience

thanks in advance

andy

Watch that you don’t screw up on your hours and weekly rest period, but apart from that best of luck

ROG:
If you are asking to go out for free with another driver and not drive the truck instead of another driver then I fail to see how that could be pinching a job !!
Or have I missed something… :question:

i think he does want to drive Rog

clarkyboy:
looking to get experience (c+e)

clarkyboy:
i dont mind if its shunting,i just need to get some reversing done

delboytwo:
i think he does want to drive Rog

If the company driver is in with him whilst he is driving then that makes no difference to what I said.