Free costa coffee!

Costa coffee machines at the services are 100% free today.
According to the WHSmith woman it’s nationwide at all machines.
Fill your boots

I tried but woman said health and safety you can’t fill you welly boots from the machine.

Free coffee yet…

We’re constantly told, despite a Costa drive-thru appearing at every service station I pass, that we should concentrate on nothing except our driving. Don’t phone, don’t eat a Mars bar, don’t drink coffee and don’t even have a hands free conversation. Is it ok for car drivers to do all of the above?

I’m confused.

yourhavingalarf:
Free coffee yet…

We’re constantly told, despite a Costa drive-thru appearing at every service station I pass, that we should concentrate on nothing except our driving. Don’t phone, don’t eat a Mars bar, don’t drink coffee and don’t even have a hands free conversation. Is it ok for car drivers to do all of the above?

I’m confused.

Yep must be the worst idea in the world, drive through coffee on the motorway.
The whole point is supposed to be take 20 mins, stretch your legs and get some air.
Now the Muppets can blast straight back across to lane 3, holding their latte aloft like a beacon, having barely come to a stop in the process

yourhavingalarf:
Free coffee yet…

I’m confused.

Confused?..I’ll explain.
It’s all ■■■■■■■■, unless you’re some hamfisted buffoon there is no problem on any of the above, despite the propaganda (unless you try and do em all at once :laughing: )
The list is excuses to nick you for cash, nothing more nothing less.
Hope that clarifies.

As i’m on nights, I’m wondering how many machines will be restocked through the day. I suspect I may struggle to find one still vending at 6pm…

Typical unlimited free coffee on my day off. :unamused: :smiley:

njl:
As i’m on nights, I’m wondering how many machines will be restocked through the day. I suspect I may struggle to find one still vending at 6pm…

Had one just now and machine still working and a queue of people getting a free one, no large cups left - I didn’t even know it was free, if I did I’d have made loud tutting noises at the girl in front who was helping herself to four cups, it annoys me really there’s always people who take the ■■■■.

When they started putting Costa machines outside the shops some of us cottoned on that they were free anyway (if they couldn’t see you from the shop counter ) :smiley:

Speaking as a bit of a coffee/latte connoisseur :smiley: : :unamused: …I don’t think Costa is the best anyway.
Imo a cheaper and better coffee can be bought at Gregg’s.
If you want a better one at a similar price than Costa, it’s Cafe Nero everytime for me.

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
Free coffee yet…

I’m confused.

Confused?..I’ll explain.
It’s all ■■■■■■■■, unless you’re some hamfisted buffoon there is no problem on any of the above, despite the propaganda (unless you try and do em all at once :laughing: )
The list is excuses to nick you for cash, nothing more nothing less.
Hope that clarifies.

I did do…

'Em all at once in the old days. Mobile in hand, sossige sarny in the other, mug of tea on the dashboard, rolly burning away in the ashtray whilst hurling abuse at my fellow motorist for dawdling like my granny on a tree pointing out trip in lane 2. At the same time trying to find a cog in the 13 forward gears available to me, doubling the clutch and checking the tension on my ropes.

I detect a hint of scepticism in your post.

Little tip for you all.
When ever you buy a takeaway coffee.
Take the lid off place upside down and you have a coaster
As your coffee cup will fit inside it.
It stops you getting coffee rings in your cab and also catches any spills

Another tip: a large machine made costa fits in a medium cup, so when you take it to the counter they’ll charge you for a medium

Due to the free coffee giveaway it’s been chaos at the fuel pumps all day at the Morrisons near the stockyard

Driving to the gym today every man and his dog was walking around with a costa :laughing: I go into the co op and the queue is nearly out the door waiting for the machine! sad ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:
Another tip: a large machine made costa fits in a medium cup, so when you take it to the counter they’ll charge you for a medium

Due to the free coffee giveaway it’s been chaos at the fuel pumps all day at the Morrisons near the stockyard

Moto aren’t taking part for some reason but not sure it was a great idea as a guy just left it and refused to pay, fair do’s really they should have put a sign on the machine and bet they’ve got a lot of bad google reviews coming their way.

maga:
Driving to the gym today every man and his dog was walking around with a costa :laughing: I go into the co op and the queue is nearly out the door waiting for the machine! sad [zb] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

+1
these are the same sad cretins that queue up for 4 hours the night before petrol does up 2p per gallon…and no i never do,nor did i bother with a costa today either. :slight_smile:
on a different note,just use the machine twice to fill a large cup to the brim and bin the overspill before paying… :wink:

dieseldog999:

maga:
Driving to the gym today every man and his dog was walking around with a costa :laughing: I go into the co op and the queue is nearly out the door waiting for the machine! sad [zb] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

+1
these are the same sad cretins that queue up for 4 hours the night before petrol does up 2p per gallon…and no i never do,nor did i bother with a costa today either. :slight_smile:
on a different note,just use the machine twice to fill a large cup to the brim and bin the overspill before paying… :wink:

Watching the budget to see how many pence booze, ■■■■ and petrol were going to go up used to be some weird national hobby but no-one seems to give a ■■■■ now.

robroy:
Speaking as a bit of a coffee/latte connoisseur :smiley: : :unamused: …I don’t think Costa is the best anyway.
Imo a cheaper and better coffee can be bought at Gregg’s.
If you want a better one at a similar price than Costa, it’s Cafe Nero everytime for me.

Thank God for this, I thought I was a weirdo not liking Costa, rancid stuff. Possibly still a weirdo though.

You have to laugh.
I just got home my misses said you get a free coffee.
I said no like few others i don’t drink much coffee and if I did I’d not buy one from.costa. or any outlets. Make my own or go a butty van
But what made me laugh she shown me some stuff on her tablet.
About people complaining taking to Twitter etc demanding things to be sorted .
Because they couldt get there free coffee due to machine being empty or out of order

1 woman even posted saying it’s a disgrace I got my free capachuino. But they ran out of coca powder .

Incase you all wondered I just found out today is international coffee day. So that explains it