Four wheeler drivers

What is it with them? I mean when you are talking to them, if they have a artic licence they make sure you know it. They seem to be able to fit it into any conversation you strike up with them. Examples;
“hi drive, (i know i shouldn’t address drivers as “drive” but i do, i’m old fashioned !) its cold today hey?”
ayup lad, its freezing in this thing. I don’t usually drive it, i usually drive our artic it has a great heater.

or

“hi mate, you got far to go today?”
yeah, 1 pallet here then 1 pallet [there] and four pallets [there] and [so on], i’m not used to doing this, i usually do one hit in our artic i’m just on this because someones off sick.

And my favourite !! This is even when you don’t speak to them…
Eeeh by gum, i thought i was never gona get on that bay then, i’m not used to these rigids. I’m used to artics, i always steer the wrong way in these!

Has anyone ever met an artic driver that says…i’m only doing this one hit. I usually do multi drop on a rigid, this one hit stuff is boring i don’t know how you guys cope with the boredom?"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
nothing intelligent to add :exclamation:

If you start making “My other lorry is an artic” stickers, you shall be rich :slight_smile:

orys:
If you start making “My other lorry is an artic” stickers, you shall be rich :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:
What is it with them? I mean when you are talking to them, if they have a artic licence they make sure you know it.

I don’t need to tell someone that I normally drive an artic if I’m out in a rigid, it’s pretty obvious to most people by the way I turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I’m reversing it. :wink:

I try not to talk to other drivers i don’t know, all they seem to talk about is Bollox as stated! :unamused:

No im not a grumpy old sod…the reasons are there ^^

Talk to me about something intellectual and i’ll be happy to chat.

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:
What is it with them? I mean when you are talking to them, if they have a artic licence they make sure you know it.

I don’t need to tell someone that I normally drive an artic if I’m out in a rigid, it’s pretty obvious to most people by the way I turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I’m reversing it. :wink:

Yeah likewise here H, but bizarrely I have no trouble reversing a solo unit :blush:
Anyways, back to the OP, I was talking to a tanker driver last week who was driving a 6 wheeled rigid LPG tanker and guess what he said - “I normally drive the artics” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When my lorry Went away for repair the other week I drove one of the arctics and I can recall saying “I usually drive a drawbar” at least twice :laughing: :laughing:

One was at Travis Perkins in New Southgate, entrance is tight to get in even for a wagon+drag so I asked the yard foreman whether I would have to back in, he said no and pointed out how I would have to line it up to get it in, then he asked “have you not been here before?” to which I replied “yeh but usually I drive a drawbar” :laughing: :laughing:

i normally find myself saying i only drive the 1.1 saxo because it has a heater and a radio i normally drive ducatis :smiley: which be true

It’s because they know you are thinking to yourself (well, in their mind you are) “hah, look at that poxy rigid driver”

Steve-o:
It’s because they know you are thinking to yourself (well, in their mind you are) “hah, look at that poxy rigid driver”

lol there is a thing caled ■■■■■ envy mines bigger than yours :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

not get that much now , but i do work with someone who has just passed his artic test earlier in the year , was a great build up i think it was all we heard till he failed , :laughing: :laughing: on attitude i should think :open_mouth: although he’s been out on mine for all of 4 days during the last year he does tell any who want to hear that as well as his 8 wheeler he drives the artics as well :unamused: but he’s a lot quieter when he actually drives it , i think he’s very aware that because of his big i am speaches, people take a keener interest in how he drives it , maybe mr I have an artic lisence doesn’t want the attention after all !

Failed class 1 twice for silly thing (ROG knows all about it) but dont think Id be bothered about bragging I drive em when I pass,just another wagon in my eyes,kinda happy with my 8 wheeler anyway.
Simon :sunglasses:

thegeordie:
Failed class 1 twice for silly thing (ROG knows all about it)

I am sure that next time you will pass - it will all come together like the fingers in a glove :wink:

shirly temple:

Steve-o:

lol there is a thing caled ■■■■■ envy mines bigger than yours :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’s not what your wife told me :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

I drive a rigid mainly but for some months of the year pull a drag behind. If im in the rigid I dont give a monkeys wat anyone thinks says, I know full well im paid a sight more for my job than most class 1 blinged trampers in the UK. So dont give a rats ■■■!

Imp:
I dont give a monkeys wat anyone thinks says, I know full well im paid a sight more for my job than most class 1 blinged trampers in the UK. So dont give a rats ■■■!

spot on there imp same here

couldnt give a toss if driving rigid or artic get paid same so makes no odds , well apart from turning circule shoddy :laughing:

well less drops on a rigid to rdc’s so let some agency monkey go drive the big truck so can call themself a real trucker while am back in yard and home there still graffting :unamused:

Mike-C:
What is it with them? I mean when you are talking to them, if they have a artic licence they make sure you know it. They seem to be able to fit it into any conversation you strike up with them. Examples;
“hi drive, (i know i shouldn’t address drivers as “drive” but i do, i’m old fashioned !) its cold today hey?”
ayup lad, its freezing in this thing. I don’t usually drive it, i usually drive our artic it has a great heater.

or

“hi mate, you got far to go today?”
yeah, 1 pallet here then 1 pallet [there] and four pallets [there] and [so on], i’m not used to doing this, i usually do one hit in our artic i’m just on this because someones off sick.

And my favourite !! This is even when you don’t speak to them…
Eeeh by gum, i thought i was never gona get on that bay then, i’m not used to these rigids. I’m used to artics, i always steer the wrong way in these!

Has anyone ever met an artic driver that says…i’m only doing this one hit. I usually do multi drop on a rigid, this one hit stuff is boring i don’t know how you guys cope with the boredom?"

PMSL…well observed Mike…i’ve heard them exact excuses many times,they’ll always be someone who isn’t in a Lorry i.e working in a warehouse or something who’ll make sure they strike up a conversation mentioning the fact that they have a Class 1 licence etc and they used to do this that and european and its not what it used to be and thats why they got out of it blah blah blah :wink:

Funny but when I take our artic out, I usually make it quite clear that I hate the flipping thing and would much rather drive my 6 wheeler.