Four wheeler drivers

Thought of this thread today, an old boy was having trouble getting his trailer on the bay at ours, I turned up in a rigid, got out and watched him back. He got out said thanks for watching me in, when you get your big license, you’ll know how hard it can be reversing these things, I thought to myself, egg is on your face fella cos I have my ‘big license’ and I normally open the rear doors before I’ve put it on the bay :wink: He then noticed that pulled forward and opened them…I love the better than you brigade :unamused:

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:
What is it with them? I mean when you are talking to them, if they have a artic licence they make sure you know it.

I don’t need to tell someone that I normally drive an artic if I’m out in a rigid, it’s pretty obvious to most people by the way I turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I’m reversing it. :wink:

I do that with just the unit and in the wifes car - well thats if she lets me drive it, says Im a menace in it!

psv8:
couldnt give a toss if driving rigid or artic get paid same so makes no odds , well apart from turning circule shoddy :laughing:

well less drops on a rigid to rdc’s so let some agency monkey go drive the big truck so can call themself a real trucker while am back in yard and home there still graffting :unamused:

bit harsh mate, we’re not all bad and if I could get a full time job I wouldn’t be messing about with agencies. I’ll admit to asking seemingly stupid questions, unfortunately I’m never at a place long enough to pick everything up :unamused: I’d imagine all agency drivers have the same trouble :wink:

as it happens though, I’m the opposite - if I’ve nothing worth saying, you’re lucky to get an “alright mate?” I dont mean to be antisocial, I just prefer to keep quiet :laughing:

psv8 wrote:
couldnt give a toss if driving rigid or artic get paid same so makes no odds , well apart from turning circule shoddy

well less drops on a rigid to rdc’s so let some agency monkey go drive the big truck so can call themself a real trucker while am back in yard and home there still graffting

Oh dear. Try takin a cold shower mate when you feel the urge comin on to blurt out phrases like this as they’re pretty offensive to be frank, not to mention the fact that it’s a very sweeping statement. Agency drivers are like company or fulltime drivers…varied; some are superb, some are complete t%ssers…and everything in between. Slow yerself down a bit when yer typing and trying to think at the same time, I find it works well. :wink:

Scannyfanny:

psv8 wrote:
couldnt give a toss if driving rigid or artic get paid same so makes no odds , well apart from turning circule shoddy

well less drops on a rigid to rdc’s so let some agency monkey go drive the big truck so can call themself a real trucker while am back in yard and home there still graffting

Oh dear. Try takin a cold shower mate when you feel the urge comin on to blurt out phrases like this as they’re pretty offensive to be frank, not to mention the fact that it’s a very sweeping statement. Agency drivers are like company or fulltime drivers…varied; some are superb, some are complete t%ssers…and everything in between. Slow yerself down a bit when yer typing and trying to think at the same time, I find it works well. :wink:

Spot on! Well said.

Harry Monk:

Mike-C:
What is it with them? I mean when you are talking to them, if they have a artic licence they make sure you know it.

I don’t need to tell someone that I normally drive an artic if I’m out in a rigid, it’s pretty obvious to most people by the way I turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I’m reversing it. :wink:

A place i worked a while ago had one rigid for a while, we had job delivering for kettle crisps and they thought it would be handy for some of the smaller back street cash and carrys. anyway it had the same old club 4 cab used by reneault (and volvo f7s) on some tractor units aswell as rigids. so i’m out in this thing one day and as stated above, make a right pigs ear of the reversing up to a door. now i couldnt stop myself, even as the words left my mouth i started thinking no stop dont go any further but it was to late “normaly drive an artic mate, cabs exactly the same easy to get confused” aaahhhh :blush: :blush: :blush: , it wa to late. still as a coleague did point out, at laest i didnt tell the guy “me usual trucks a magnum” which would’ve been even worse.

If feel that the coffesion is over now. sorry mike :wink:

garnerlives:
Thought of this thread today, an old boy was having trouble getting his trailer on the bay at ours, I turned up in a rigid, got out and watched him back. He got out said thanks for watching me in, when you get your big license, you’ll know how hard it can be reversing these things, I thought to myself, egg is on your face fella cos I have my ‘big license’ and I normally open the rear doors before I’ve put it on the bay :wink: He then noticed that pulled forward and opened them…I love the better than you brigade :unamused:

They’re like that some of them. Take no notice of a drivers age as a measure of experience. And more importantly don’t trust anyone who ‘helps you to reverse’, some of them are nuggets and won’t open your back doors !! :smiley:

Id like to take PSV8s comment AGENCY MONKEY . It seems to me he has written it in a derogatry manner let me put him straight.
To me AGENCY MONKEYS have one of the hardest jobs going, telephone rings a job for you go here go their drive rigids wagon & drags artics any make auto manual with little information & usualy looking around a yard in the dark & when you get back filling in paperwork & practices that are different company to company. Having done it from last March up to october & maybe having to do it again next month(only on temp contract for now) Im not looking forward to it.I take my hat off to those that do it regular through choice. Maybe PSv lives in a area where there is plenty of work I Dont & have been made redundant twice in the last 3yrs so I dont have a choice I might need to be an AGENCY MONKEY AGAIN

shirly temple:

Steve-o:
It’s because they know you are thinking to yourself (well, in their mind you are) “hah, look at that poxy rigid driver”

lol there is a thing caled ■■■■■ envy mines bigger than yours :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i dont mind having a small ■■■■■…!! am not complaning …!!

it fits in all woman… big and small… :wink:

garnerlives:

Nice one that mate,know what you mean though,there is a large amount of class 1 snobbery about wherever you go, Ive got my bendy licence myself but drive a rigid and couldnt earn the same money doing class 1 for the hours i`m doing on the rigid :smiley:

greek:
Id like to take PSV8s comment AGENCY MONKEY . It seems to me he has written it in a derogatry manner let me put him straight.
To me AGENCY MONKEYS have one of the hardest jobs going, telephone rings a job for you go here go their drive rigids wagon & drags artics any make auto manual with little information & usualy looking around a yard in the dark & when you get back filling in paperwork & practices that are different company to company. Having done it from last March up to october & maybe having to do it again next month(only on temp contract for now) Im not looking forward to it.I take my hat off to those that do it regular through choice. Maybe PSv lives in a area where there is plenty of work I Dont & have been made redundant twice in the last 3yrs so I dont have a choice I might need to be an AGENCY MONKEY AGAIN

The words rattle and pram spring to mind :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

greek:

well said greek

Sweeping statemants about anything gets me going russjp but Ive been in transport since 1969 class1 since 1974 never been sacked never been out of work till I got paid off last new yr & had to do a bit of agency work & somebody refering to me as a Monkey :imp: :imp: :imp: If you see it as chucking the rattle out of the pram so be it but I see it as correcting some know it all :laughing: Looks like you are near me & looking for work dont you want to be an AGENCY MONKEY :question: :laughing:

greek:
Sweeping statemants about anything gets me going russjp but Ive been in transport since 1969 class1 since 1974 never been sacked never been out of work till I got paid off last new yr & had to do a bit of agency work & somebody refering to me as a Monkey :imp: :imp: :imp: If you see it as chucking the rattle out of the pram so be it but I see it as correcting some know it all :laughing: Looks like you are near me & looking for work dont you want to be an AGENCY MONKEY :question: :laughing:

Needs updating sorry,been in full time work for the past 7 months now after 10 months as an AGENCY MONKEY :smiley:

greek:

You forgot to add, smoke in the cab, which apart from being illegal, is danm right disgracefull, especialy when the the unit your using has a non smoking regular driver. rifle through pesrsonal gear left in by regular driver who’s took a day off. Well I wont make that mistake again, even for a day off i shall clear right out :imp: :imp: :imp: