FORS

why do people join FORS

I have joined due to customer requirement. I am now Silver accredited. If I didn’t belong, my customer would not be able to send me to various construction sites where FORS is required. Thus would obviously have an impact on the work available to me from the customer.

paulgath:
why do people join FORS

About FORS

The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) is a voluntary accreditation scheme encompassing all aspects of safety, fuel efficiency, vehicle emissions and improved operations. FORS helps fleet operators to measure and monitor performance and alter their operations in order to demonstrate best practice. It is open to operators of vans, lorries, mini-buses, coaches and other vehicles, and to the organisations that award contracts to those operators.

FORS will benefit operators who want to:

Improve road safetyReduce the incidence of fines and other chargesReduce fuel emissions and enhance fuel efficiencyGain greater industry intelligence and networking opportunitiesStand out from the crowd

FORS offers best practice toolkits and advice, which include:

FORS performance management system - demonstrates safety and efficiency improvements and progress through the FORS accreditation levelsPenalty Charge Notice toolkit - monitor, manage and reduce the number of penalties your business receivesFuel use tracker - record and track fuel usage, monitor miles per gallon, CO2 and efficiency improvementsCycle safety toolkit - minimise the risk of collisions between your vehicles and vulnerable road usersCongestion toolkits - improve delivery plans and reduce the amount of time spent in trafficCollision reporting and investigation tool - capture, investigate, analyse and reduce collisions

Professional development opportunities

FORS accreditation provides access to targeted training for both managers and drivers:

Nine FORS Practitioner workshops - covering safety, efficiency, environmental issues and performance managementSafe Urban Driving - access to driver CPC trainingFour driver e-learning modules - covering safety, vulnerable road user safety, fuel and PCNsAccess to CILT Knowledge Centre

Exclusive offers and discounts

To help your business meet and maintain the FORS Standard, there are many offers and discounts available on training, equipment and services. These will help your business to improve safety, become more efficient and reduce its environmental impact

There you go

What a load of ■■■■■■■■ their "mission statement is. Perhaps if operators stuck together they could’ve knocked this crap on the head.

Muckaway:
What a load of ■■■■■■■■ their "mission statement is. Perhaps if operators stuck together they could’ve knocked this crap on the head.

Amen to that.

Out of interest how much does it cost to be a FORS member?

If my driver has his license, his cpc, and his employer has there O-license, there TM, there H+S policys why do we need FORS?

Next year, they’l be another scheme, called god knows what, which we’ll all have to pay to join.

Its the same with, cscs, npors, etc etc etc.

Muckaway:

I agree ,mine was £400 this time, I only have the fors audit for 1 customer really and that’s only to cover them just incase they send me to a fors site ,however I was in Kent last month coming back empty ,customer phones needs small load collecting from fors site ,no probs ( going past anyway ) there you go £400 back job done !

I do not know how they are getting away with it,all the things they say fors will improve can be done without fors.Fors in my opinion are no more than the mafia ( no fors no work ) .We have VOSA ect to police things, people wine on when it comes to renew operator licence but I would rather pay GOV than this bloated trumpet blowing outfit. They have got to be breaking some EU rule with this mafia style stance because they appear to have their own construction and use rules, what do they do about dirty sites and those that try to use road trucks as dump trucks,we will sit back do as were told and take it…stick it on the bill .

FORS [zb] OFF RETARDED SOUTHERNERS , was offered work leading to perm/ongoing( ye, heard that before) but once I,d priced it they announce I gotta be fors accreditied ,I told them I got clean licence, correct insurance , green ocrs,and most importantly EXPERIENCE now they’ve come back and said I was cheaper but they GOT to pay £90 a load more because other outfit has got fors, I pointed out their fors haulier has gone bust/changed names 3 times in 5 years and the leasing co have taken over the maintainance as the wagons were in a right state, all to no avail coz they got the shiny sticker on , if this fors boXXXXks comes any further up north then I,ll shed a tear and walk away from wagons thankfully its just a London thing mostly , I find people who are into mental requirements like cemex or drax I get myself banned first job , (wrong colour hiviz or wrong boots) keep em , find a steering wheel attendant ,more to life than your 1hr induction, I don’t need another sticker on my hard hat

It’s complete shirt but many sites won’t let you on without it.

kr79:

FORE sites are the ones where companies battle to do the job for peanuts.

Never mind FORS, I was asked by the site supervisor of one place I delivered to last week (load of timber for car park fencing) - ‘Do you have the FSC certificate for this load…?’ :unamused:

Muckaway:

kr79:

FORE sites are the ones where companies battle to do the job for peanuts.

For muck away it was on crossrail.and pretty much any big dig.
By the time muck is passed down to small firms and owner drivers the rate is rubbish.
Add in the fact it will be flooded with lorry’s and all the H&S bull pooh.

el_presidente:
Never mind FORS, I was asked by the site supervisor of one place I delivered to last week (load of timber for car park fencing) - ‘Do you have the FSC certificate for this load…?’ :unamused:

I took my 5 year old son to work today, was working right opposite a large site. The shocked faces of the site management was priceless…especially as my boy was up on the back of the grab, emptying the bucket, raising and lowering the stabilisers etc. :laughing:

paulgath:
why do people join FORS

we have 3 customer’s that demands it, the hauliers tried too resist it at a start but were told if they did not get it then they would be removed from there preferred haulier list and since the biggest customer is 75% of the work we do then we did it

This smacks of the mafia .The sites are not as safe as 30 years ago .

fuse:
This smacks of the mafia .The sites are not as safe as 30 years ago .

It’s funny how so many FORS firms still employ retards as drivers.

A couple of years back I went on to a crossrsil site behind Liverpool street station. I was tipping a load of type1.
The way the site was laid out meant I drover in tipped in the road and drove out the next gate.
The customer opened the tail door and walked up to the cab to sign my ticket so I never left the cab.
The gate man insisted I had to wear hard hat gloves and safety glasses to do this

kr79:
A couple of years back I went on to a crossrsil site behind Liverpool street station. I was tipping a load of type1.
The way the site was laid out meant I drover in tipped in the road and drove out the next gate.
The customer opened the tail door and walked up to the cab to sign my ticket so I never left the cab.
The gate man insisted I had to wear hard hat gloves and safety glasses to do this

Well prepared for the ■■■■■■■ party then…!

Talking of safety glasses, why do you have to wear said glasses, gloves and hard hat in many quarries, just to walk to the weighbridge?
If safety is so important, why not build a weighbridge office at cab height so the driver doesn’t need to get out?

Leylandtrucker1, I am with you, ■■■■ all this FORS ■■■■.

Sapper