FORS

Let me just leave this with you. Its a screen shot of a FORS “Driver toolbox talk” So much for being a tool to ensure that transport companies are fully compliant with the FORS club!! :open_mouth:

Now I realise that the slide does actually show GB Domestic hours rules, but no where in the powerpoint presentation does it mention these rules relate to domestic rules, (Certainly not to differentiate between domestic and EU), until the 11th slide when it asks what are the maximum daily duty time under domestic hours, but then doesn’t give an answer. :blush: :unamused:

FORS demonstates that you have excellent systems in place for compliance, H&S, quality management and overall it just says that you are a quality outfit. In my experience this is great ammo when you go for work with reputable companies.

DP Freight:
FORS demonstates that you have excellent systems in place for compliance, H&S, quality management and overall it just says that you are a quality outfit. In my experience this is great ammo when you go for work with reputable companies.

Utter ■■■■■■■■, some of the worst firms to work for around here are FORS accredited.

DP Freight:

Ok, so you’ve drunk the kool-aid then? Maybe more than once?

I think FORS is like a hi vis vest. It’s a reasonable principle, but it doesn’t stop the wearer from being unsafe. And if everyone else is wearing them all the time too it doesn’t make you any more visible either :wink:

DP Freight:

Are you a training provider/FORS auditor by any chance? No idea why I’m thinking you just instinct. :wink:

Muckaway:

DP Freight:

Utter ■■■■■■■■, some of the worst firms to work for around here are FORS accredited.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Succinctly put!

Muckaway:

el_presidente:
Never mind FORS, I was asked by the site supervisor of one place I delivered to last week (load of timber for car park fencing) - ‘Do you have the FSC certificate for this load…?’ :unamused:

I took my 5 year old son to work today, was working right opposite a large site. The shocked faces of the site management was priceless…especially as my boy was up on the back of the grab, emptying the bucket, raising and lowering the stabilisers etc. :laughing:

Muckaway no offence ment but when the powers that be see this with your lad it’s not suprising we end up with fors ,now my work to fors sites is getting less so next time I might not re ordit as others with in our group are fors registered so I could put the fors work in to the pool and do some other none fors work instead should the need arise .

Punchy Dan:
Muckaway no offence ment but when the powers that be see this with your lad it’s not suprising we end up with fors.

My boss has done the same with his sons, he was taught by his Dad the same way. I learnt more about tippers by going out with my old chap than some EPIC trainer could in a week of silly lectures.

Me too ,but that’s not how arse coverers see it .

My mates firm is for gold and are such a cowboy firm that the drivers tie the lorry’s to a lamp lost when they go in the cafe.
They had there o licence suspended for a few weeks last year but a cording to fors they are top notch.
Like all these pointless groups they are a means to give unemployable useless pricks jobs.
30 years ago the people working for these groups would have been shop stewards starting strikes for having the wrong colour toilet roll in the kazhi.
Same goes for health and safety consultant types.

does anyone else think that this FORS kack will end up doing the job that the tc’s currently do, like doing away with the ministry test stations , hope not but I’m a cynical old cXXt

I think there will be more to come .Out of control no trucks to run just a big income from others .