Fors rha other pointless stuff etc

Been with company for years but now been given am fors sticker and rha sticker.

They a good idea or just pointless?
Since got mine have noticed them on more and more trucks.

Now been told next month been booked in for cycle awareness course as part of fors. It does count towards Cpc been told.

But what is the point of fors rha and other such places.
Surely Cpc should cover it all ?

Another…

Dead in the water paperwork, time consuming box ticking excercise that will end up as lifeless as the Peoples Charter, ISO 9000 and another equally pointless waste of time that became so irrelevant that I’ve forgotten what it was called.

The only thing I’m interested in about anyones trailer that is in front of me is, can I stop in time at this distance? Everything else is just tinsel.

A number of construction sites (mostly around London I beleive) require FORS accredidation for vehicles to enter site, so if you do construction work it’s useful for that I suppose.

It’s another pointless money laundering scam. I lost two and half years of my life writing method statements and what ifs for BS5750

BS stands for Bull ■■■■■

Wheel Nut:
BS5750

That’s…

The one I couldn’t remember!

Ta. :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
Another…

Dead in the water paperwork, time consuming box ticking excercise that will end up as lifeless as the Peoples Charter, ISO 9000 and another equally pointless waste of time that became so irrelevant that I’ve forgotten what it was called.

The only thing I’m interested in about anyones trailer that is in front of me is, can I stop in time at this distance? Everything else is just tinsel.

I have a meeting with a chap tomorrow from one of my customers. He does nothing but ISO garbage…I have a nasty feeling that expression will come in handy :sunglasses:

Some companies ended up bankrupt by trying to get BS5750 OR ISO2000 .
All it did for me was give me a Fork lift licence that didn’t have an expiry date .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

How’s my driving there’s another waste of time.
Has anyone phoned the number?
Also if there driving badly how can you phone up as it’s illegal to use your phone while driving

albion:

yourhavingalarf:
Another…

I have a meeting with a chap tomorrow from one of my customers. He does nothing but ISO garbage…I have a nasty feeling that expression will come in handy :sunglasses:

The problem is if you are an ISO approved manufacturer, all your suppliers must be ISO approved.
Working for once British biggest chocolate manufacturer, everything had to be ISO, even our maintenance providers.
It’s a lot of tinsel, but it’s a matter of coughing at the right moment, nodding and going on with your business.
HACCP is the worst one, with total traceability of products and their ingredients.

I say, thought of a jolly good wheeze Bunter old chap.

What say you we come up with a fancy paperwork systems faff, we’ll give a fancy BS title and mention Quality in the blurb, a lot, and we’ll charge a fortune to get the thing passed, kerching.

Then phase two, we’ll make it a requirement that quality operations can only deal with other operation similarly quality rated, double kerching.

Buffy that’s a corker, we’ll run through the final touches over dinner at the Drones Club shall we.

yourhavingalarf:
Another…

Well said!

caledoniandream:

albion:

yourhavingalarf:
Another…

The problem is if you are an ISO approved manufacturer, all your suppliers must be ISO approved.
Working for once British biggest chocolate manufacturer, everything had to be ISO, even our maintenance providers.
It’s a lot of tinsel, but it’s a matter of coughing at the right moment, nodding and going on with your business.
HACCP is the worst one, with total traceability of products and their ingredients.

I’ve had I SO since the 90s. Trouble is, my supplier is ASCB accredited, which is fine, but my main customer wants us to have a UKAS accredited supplier. Costs a lot of money to swap and achieves nothing. I hate the futility, the utter pointlessness of it all and the lies. I can go and get UKAS accredited tomorrow, but I have to come up with three quality objectives. We’ve never failed to deliver in 27 years, barring ferry issues, customs and weather. Carrillion had all that garbage, anti slavery policy, I SO, you name it, but they couldn’t run a business.

albion:

caledoniandream:

albion:

yourhavingalarf:
Another…

I’ve had I SO since the 90s. Trouble is, my supplier is ASCB accredited, which is fine, but my main customer wants us to have a UKAS accredited supplier. Costs a lot of money to swap and achieves nothing. I hate the futility, the utter pointlessness of it all and the lies. I can go and get UKAS accredited tomorrow, but I have to come up with three quality objectives. We’ve never failed to deliver in 27 years, barring ferry issues, customs and weather. Carrillion had all that garbage, anti slavery policy, I SO, you name it, but they couldn’t run a business.

Ever so true, having all the accreditation’s of the world makes you no better in business.
It’s a lot covering back ends, if it goes wrong, they can always hide behind it; yes it all went down the pan, but we couldn’t know that because he was accredited.
Also they will always find in that case something where you where just no compliant with the protocol (mostimes because the protocol is unworkable)

Once upon the time there was trust, gentlemen’s agreement (I apologise, I don’t want to be sexist but I don’t know if there is a female version of this) and: a man, a men, a word, a word!
On he continent they work with “chain responsibilities “
The original company / person who gave the order, is responsible for every person / company in that chain, from the biggest contractor to the smallest sub-sub-sub-sub contractor.
Hence they are even more fixed on accreditation’s and qualifications, where your tyre fitter must be ISO approved and present a method statement and a risk assessment before you even can add them on your list as back upon case your driver breaks down.

We are fors registered and done relevant courses ect truck does not display one of those ■■■■■ stickers but I delivered to the royal school of music behind the Albert hall this morning and I’m still alive. And no one died. The stickers are a waste of time and I ain’t putting one on my trailer 8m registered and know my number. That should be enough don’t need a poxy sticker.

I’ve just used 10 minutes of my break trying to work out what UKAS actually do and am more baffled than before.

Seems maybe they determine that you’re being checked according to whatever international standards and for a large fee will put on their web site that they’ve accredited your accreditation?

Oh and since its government backed the grey suits in whitehall will be putting their name to it, without having a clue what it is, for a nice non executive directorship in UKAS when they retire at 50 no doubt. Jibs for tge Eton club.

Ps, is this a interupted break in vosa eyes or does that depend if our company is UKAS accredited? :slight_smile:

So am.booked on cycle awareness course in couple weeks.
Been given all info. 1st it says me personally I have to pay £8.75 if I want it to do it toward cpc. As it’s there fee for.uploading it onto website.

Also been told be riding a bike as part of course.

I’m all for training etc.
But surely make.more sense.if pedal.bikers were made to do this course.
As drivers were well aware of.pedal bikes etc.
Yet they seem.oblivious and just a guess I’d say half don’t have a driving licence. And 99% probably never been in a truck. Surley they should be taken out in a truck as a passenger for about an hour and there soon realise out point of view etc

Had a cyclist tell me he was going to report me to Fors :smiley: after a little run in that was all his fault…
Someone is making a lot of money out of this Fors rubbish and like the idiot cyclist some people think they are a governing body of trucks…
It’s just another organisation that some brain child has set up to fleece hauliers and most have bought in to it

Who has FORS number “000001”

trevHCS:
I’ve just used 10 minutes of my break trying to work out what UKAS actually do and am more baffled than before.

Seems maybe they determine that you’re being checked according to whatever international standards and for a large fee will put on their web site that they’ve accredited your accreditation?

Oh and since its government backed the grey suits in whitehall will be putting their name to it, without having a clue what it is, for a nice non executive directorship in UKAS when they retire at 50 no doubt. Jibs for tge Eton club.

Ps, is this a interupted break in vosa eyes or does that depend if our company is UKAS accredited? :slight_smile:

Other work, but if you have ponied up 6k and you are UKAS approved you can claim your £5.00 ASDA voucher.

That’s roughly it Trevor, it’s just a self justifying merry go round.

I am however working on improving my 100% delivery rate by not delivering a few things, so I can then improve on my 99% delivery rate… :imp:

"I am however working on improving my 100% delivery rate by not delivering a few things, so I can then improve on my 99% delivery rate… "

Absolutely brilliant. Enjoyed that :smiley: