Foriegn drivers - what do you suggest?

After browsing this forum and the wannabe forum, i have noticed a few threads popping up on the site about foriegn drivers about how they always get away with it etc etc and

denis f wrote

Article in CM today quoted VOSA

" it’s too costly to take them to court "

VOSA admitted the present system was unfair on UK operators and also said " A consultation document on a fixed penalty system involving on-the-spot fines will be published this month"

so as quoted above, obviously current regulations and laws are not working and these drivers are totally flouting the law as they probably realise they will get away with it. on the spot fines will they be paid? or will the ticket just get filed?

so in your opinons what laws or regulations do you think should be or could be changed or introduced in order to make these drivers realise that they have to adhere to our laws and that they wont get away with it, but in fact will end up facing the consequences of thier actions, like we would if we were caught breaking the law.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Road side justice :imp: Pay now or lose your truck :open_mouth:

simon

surely it wouldn’t cost to much to set up a database of operators that if there vehicle is stopped in the uk and is found to be faulty (defective ,drivers hours ,even speed cameras,etc ,etc…).
that the company in question will be given 28 days to pay the fine .

if after 28 days the fine has not been paid a yellow card is given to that operator.

if anymore offences occur whilst on uk shores then the trucks will be stopped entry to the uk until said operator is going to tow the line.

all it would take is one of those tax camera van type of things that can log on to a central computer at dover near the port and then pull them and turn them around.
the operator then as the choice of a uk truck to forward the freight onto its final destination.

harsh but there you go

jon

It would be simple, every operator has an account or an agent with an account with the ferry companies. They should be made to pay the fines or a fixed amount.

Remember: “neuf cents francs Monsieur” You must pay, to which the response was “no money, no money” :stuck_out_tongue:

If a fine was unpaid it should be doubled monthly till it is, or the operator goes to court to answer the allegations!

Just have a look at the previous thread…it will answer your question…and at last some one is putting us on a level playing field…
have a nice day

Sorry, You cant pay, U MUST COME WITH ME, YOU HAVE CREDIT CARD, WILL TAKE YOU TO CASH POINT, Ah you still can pay, you spend nite in my office, YOU STILL CANT PAY I HAVE YOUR TRUCK, YOU STILL CANT PAY, I HAVE YOUR LIFE!!!

IS’NT THAT WOT U MEAN???THATS WOT HAPPENS GUYS ALL OVA EUROPE EXCEPT UK, BIN THERE.

How about the Iraqi rebels method of road side side stops for forigners ?.
It seems a very effective method of getting there point across.

I got tugged in Romania. Tried the “no money” line and was given the choice of “Bank or Jail”. So I found some money!

Treat the continentals the way they would treat us!,but then again , our government isn`t interested in our industry, all they want is the tax? or am i mistaken??