foreign trucks

Know it’s old hat but just driven along the A55 and every other truck is East Euro heading for or from the Irish ferry, not even delivering in England or Wales.
We’ve got to start charging these pirates. who’ve put so many UK firms out of business, to use our roads and reintroduce a max derv allowance on entry to make them buy our crazily priced diesel.
And stop them driving on Sundays like we have to abroad.
It’s not too late to save our international haulage industry. But bloody nearly.

+1

hi,
i was with a mate at brackmills northampton earlier today,dozens of turks,poles lithunanians etc etc all weekended there.my mate who lives and works near by says it’s the same every weekend.when will our fine government see what we all can :wink:
regards andrew.

pete 359:
hi,
i was with a mate at brackmills northampton earlier today,dozens of turks,poles lithunanians etc etc all weekended there.my mate who lives and works near by says it’s the same every weekend.when will our fine government see what we all can :wink:
regards andrew.

Because their “Paymasters” have rendered - and insited they - be blind mate. :wink:

Now, :grimacing: There is one Problem,you not thinking at

I’ve been around 1980 the first Times in UK. Did drive regularly from 1990. I also drove Irish lorries,and i liked the Atmosphere.
I understand what you mean as we have the same Problem with cheap Eastern European taking all loads,but,many of the Drivers who come over do so as they love that Country.
And,you get handled really respectfully and get lots of friends,which mustnt be necessary from that trade.But its a nice Country.I love it,but there are Areas you dont like the People.
Thats were you find everything just not English.
Just,You need to complain about the Politician,not the Driver. Makes not much Sense to assault someone who loves you.

Immigrant:

I’ve been around 1980 the first Times in UK. Did drive regularly from 1990. I also drove Irish lorries,and i liked the Atmosphere.
I understand what you mean as we have the same Problem with cheap Eastern European taking all loads,but,many of the Drivers who come over do so as they love that Country.
And,you get handled really respectfully and get lots of friends,which mustnt be necessary from that trade.But its a nice Country.I love it,but there are Areas you dont like the People.
Just,You need to complain about the Politician,not the Driver. Makes not much Sense to assault someone who loves you.

Aye ok what ever. Your either part of the problem or part of the solution and you my friend are not part of the solution

nearly there:

Immigrant:

Aye ok what ever. Your either part of the problem or part of the solution and you my friend are not part of the solution

Thats right. Because i dont care on the First Place.
Its Your Country and you will have to find a Way to deal with it.But,till you find a Way is the Politician in London and Bruessel which tells you whats on :exclamation:
Thats also not anything i care about,because there is no Way around it and you know it.
Well,OK,maybe you dont know it,but its a fact,Your Politician invited everyone into the European Community and now they are here. You could say its there fault,but that were also no Solution.
Now,there is a Solution. You just need to get first to the Point to find it :bulb:

Wait until I get a dyslexic chimp to translate your posts.

Write something in German clever boy, then we’ll take the ■■■■ out of you! :unamused:

Being of Anglo-Saxon decent , I pretty much understood Immigrants post thoroughly , and seems so did others ... :laughing: :laughing: And have to agree -- the guy is right - its a ■■■■■ when the truth hurts aint it.
Untill the PTB sort it, just have to grin and bare it meantime.
Have been saying it for years and will keep saying it, -**- its time to put a "Levy" on transit / incoming vehicles on the borders of entry -** same as the Swiss do. Untill we do , they will pay no input to our economy and continue to the added erosion of the road network system without having payed a single penny back into the system by way of fuel purchase or taxation. Personally , i am sick and tired of being taxed to the hilt while our euro counterparts travel/work free within. :imp: (Mr/Mrs)/Ms Politician(s) — It`s time to do your bit !!

bigvern1:
Write something in German clever boy, then we’ll take the ■■■■ out of you! :unamused:

Don’t believe that crap, he is much German as I am Pakistani.

Alright Abdul?

nearly there:
Wait until I get a dyslexic chimp to translate your posts.

Do you have some kind of learning disability or are you just a bit thick?

The road tax for foreign trucks comes into force in 2013 £10 per day

Everytime im on the m25 or m1 i see a foreign truck on the hardshoulder with a car they have just crashed into. It’s no wonder vosa are after them cos there bang at it, bent as ■■■ and often drunk as well.

bigvern1:
Alright Abdul?

Yes my good friend thank you very much.

pavaroti:
Everytime im on the m25 or m1 i see a foreign truck on the hardshoulder with a car they have just crashed into. It’s no wonder vosa are after them cos there bang at it, bent as [zb] and often drunk as well.

Bloody hell do you want a bigger brush for that sweeping statement.

jessicas dad:

pavaroti:
Everytime im on the m25 or m1 i see a foreign truck on the hardshoulder with a car they have just crashed into. It’s no wonder vosa are after them cos there bang at it, bent as [zb] and often drunk as well.

1/3 of all accidents on the m25 are caused by foreign trucks and 1/5 nationwide according to cm mag. :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:

pavaroti:

i’ve just done 2yrs on the 25 roadworks and 9 out of 10 truck/car rtc’s were due to left hook blind spots.
i went to 3 where the truck didn’t even stop

pavaroti:

jessicas dad:

pavaroti:

1/3 of all accidents on the m25 are caused by foreign trucks and 1/5 nationwide according to cm mag. :open_mouth:

1/3 of the accidents on the M25 involve foreign trucks, that doesn’t mean they caused it. I would say a lot of the side swipe incidents are caused by dumb car drivers who sit in the blind spot. I encounter them on my nightly run, they are overtaking you but when they get level with the front of the cab they seem to stay there rather than carrying on for some reason. I can see them easily with a RHD but a LHD will likely lose them. You never saw the same incidents with RHD trucks over on the mainland and it’s nothing to do with a supposed higher standard of driving by truck drivers in a RHD, it’s because the car drivers are better and don’t linger in the dangerous areas the way the great British driver does.