foreign trucks

rokeen:
The road tax for foreign trucks comes into force in 2013 £10 per day

It’s for all trucks, UK and foreign.

Coffeeholic:

pavaroti:

jessicas dad:

pavaroti:
Everytime im on the m25 or m1 i see a foreign truck on the hardshoulder with a car they have just crashed into. It’s no wonder vosa are after them cos there bang at it, bent as [zb] and often drunk as well.

Bloody hell do you want a bigger brush for that sweeping statement.

1/3 of all accidents on the m25 are caused by foreign trucks and 1/5 nationwide according to cm mag. :open_mouth:

1/3 of the accidents on the M25 involve foreign trucks, that doesn’t mean they caused it. I would say a lot of the side swipe incidents are caused by dumb car drivers who sit in the blind spot. I encounter them on my nightly run, they are overtaking you but when they get level with the front of the cab they seem to stay there rather than carrying on for some reason. I can see them easily with a RHD but a LHD will likely lose them. You never saw the same incidents with RHD trucks over on the mainland and it’s nothing to do with a supposed higher standard of driving by truck drivers in a RHD, it’s because the car drivers are better and don’t linger in the dangerous areas the way the great British driver does.

I know what you mean but it’s still the foreign truck side swiping the cars. It does seem to happen most in the average speed bits of the M1 and M25 where theres a lot of fannying about.

pavaroti:
Everytime im on the m25 or m1 i see a foreign truck on the hardshoulder with a car they have just crashed into. It’s no wonder vosa are after them cos there bang at it, bent as [zb] and often drunk as well.

We recovered a Spanish artic off the weighbridge at Scotch Corner for VOSA/Police.
He’d set off at Valencia, got pulled at Scotch Corner, and the only stop/break he’d made was on the Calais-Dover ferry.

I was quite impressed!

pavaroti:
I know what you mean but it’s still the foreign truck side swiping the cars.

Indeed, and it is their fault when all’s said and done.

pavaroti:
It does seem to happen most in the average speed bits of the M1 and M25 where theres a lot of fannying about.

Areas where cars are even more likely to spend longer in the blind spots. I get it a few times a week where I go past one, whose doing 40 odd in lane 2, on their left and they then speed up and just sit level with my front bumper for ages, usually until they see the next camera and brake really hard because they haven’t quite grasped the concept of average speed. :smiley: