Foreign HGV maintenance?

M6 at Sandbach, @DVSAEnforcement found the trailer was missing its brake chamber. The brake pipes were ■■■■■■■ with wire.
Upon inspection the missing brake chamber was found in a plastic bag in the vehicles cab!
Vehicle is now prohibited #4390 #RCVU

Truck pic

Brake chamber pic

Brake pipes pic

proper professional hands on driver.
just the sort you would want to employ. shame he fell foul of vostapo in todays snowflake steering wheel attendant world.

Bit of overkill as all his other wheels had brakes…“its just off to the workshop officer, all my other brakes work”.

He’s still got about 80ish tonnes of brake force

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Lots of us have cable tied a failed chamber off and carried on to a place of repair, or (empty) done similar for a burst airbag, or even the old chaining up of an axle with a broken spring.

Its not like he’d removed a steer or drive axle chamber which would make for some interesting vehicle behaviour under braking, and its obvious from the clean threads on the pipe fittings this is a very recent failure.

Juddian:
Lots of us have cable tied a failed chamber off and carried on to a place of repair, or (empty) done similar for a burst airbag, or even the old chaining up of an axle with a broken spring.

Its not like he’d removed a steer or drive axle chamber which would make for some interesting vehicle behaviour under braking, and its obvious from the clean threads on the pipe fittings this is a very recent failure.

Only crime he committed was not parking up immediately and then getting caught.
Times have changed since the ‘Driver initiative’ days, we are all supposed to be brainwashed now into thinking that driving with a blown bulb is a heinous crime. (And many actually are.)

Juddian:

Done both in the past 6 months, fully intend on doing it again should I need to.

Just more of these clowns trying to look like they do something worthwhile and show off on twitter to to people who don’t have a clue, like doing folk for not strapping insulation. Total non event to a half capable driver, so about 2% of those cutting about now.

I think we’ve all done that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I watched that 89s haulage video posted.

By todays calculations that load shoudlve had 24p ratchet straps over it before even setting off. Never mind the guy at the back steering.

He should be fully cabbed up with windows and airbags.

Nearly had a heart attack watching him hang onto the back of that trailer.

Give it 50 years this country/world will be full of zombies.

I do not see it as a big deal…He was aware of the brake prob.HE took chamber off ,blanked pipes untill it can be fixed.

cgscott:

50 years? :open_mouth:
This industry is awash already with zombies, robots, and unquestioning yes men, that is what ‘‘they’’ want these days.

Btw where are all the usual theoryworld never do wrongs, I would have thought they would have a field day on some of the comments on here. :laughing:

robroy:

cgscott:

This industry is awash already with zombies, robots, and unquestioning yes men, that is what ‘‘they’’ want these days.

Btw where are all the usual theoryworld never do wrongs, I would have thought they would have a field day on some of the comments on here. :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he/they havent finished their/his shift yet. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

robroy:

cgscott:

You mean thinking up, and composing the next thrilling instalment of the ‘‘I saw a crap driver today’’ serial.

:laughing:

[/quote]
[/quote]
You mean thinking up, and composing the next thrilling instalment of the ‘‘I saw a crap driver today’’ serial.

:laughing:
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you know its only a matter of time before…

there i was driving back from holland down the m6.
and…fill in the blanks yourself and itl be near enough.

is that right jake,good post,yes rowley,spot on post there totally agree with you/me,yes, thankyou,most professional,if only there were more like you,me,us,blablabla. :laughing:

Really, really, ought to be a like button :slight_smile:

^^ the chap does have a way with words :smiling_imp: :laughing:

when studying for my theory test I was surprised to learn that whilst a car needs 1.6mm minimum tread a lorry only needs 1mm

robroy:

cgscott:

I’m assuming he/they aren’t allowed on the internet until their homework is done :smiley:

The traffic reports…“Having a tyre changed, so long tailbacks” Will in the next 5 years include “Having a bulb changed, so long tailbacks”…Come back and tell me I was wrong. :laughing:

cooper1203:
when studying for my theory test I was surprised to learn that whilst a car needs 1.6mm minimum tread a lorry only needs 1mm

Big difference between car and truck tyres .
When the tread wears down on a car there is very little material left until it’s down to the cords . This can lead to overheating and then ruptures and can lead to easier penetrative failures .
Truck tyres can often have the treads recut and usually have this happen twice before the tyre is fully worn out.
I once removed a 50mm long bolt from the tread of my truck , it hadn’t penetrated to the cords of the tyre .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You have to wonder how long it’ll be before using a bit of initiative is a bloody hanging offence.