FOREIGN DRIVERS

Iwas just wondering what foreign drivers think of driving in our great country if any of them read this forum :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :grimacing:

Oops! I can feel another “let’s bash the foreign drivers” thread, about to ignite.

:unamused: :unamused:

So then what do our Scottish drivers think ■■?

ORYS - one for you mate :wink: :laughing:

He’s too busy lurking in lay bys takeing pictures of blokes caught short mate :unamused: :laughing:

Well I’m an Englishman driving a foreign truck and I can’t stand driving in this bloody country!

HAVE you used the search button no :question: , have you read any of the posts here :question: from those drivers who are not GB citizens no, why not :question: :question: :bulb: :bulb: :blush: :blush:

switchlogic:
Well I’m an Englishman driving a foreign truck and I can’t stand driving in this bloody country!

me too! (although my trucks british) stinks of ■■■■ everywhere you go…

TWINFLAGS:
Iwas just wondering what foreign drivers think of driving in our great country if any of them read this forum :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :grimacing:

why would you want to know ? would it be to compare your own vast experiences of driving in a foreign country with the added disadvantage of having the steering wheel on the other side of the vehicle to all other road users ?

ROG:
ORYS - one for you mate :wink: :laughing:

I take the risk and I give you serious answer.

1. From reading this forum I can see that you are drivers as any other people - some good, some bad, and you are always blaming the foreigners for all bad things, in most cases unjusticely (is that good word?)

2. From driving in this country - some people, especially car drivers seems to be really poor drivers, but becouse of that they drive slow and careful. Compared to Poland, I dare to tell that due to polish road conditions average Polish driver has better technical skills, but there is much more stupid and crazy people there, so at the bottom line I prefere to drive in Britain as I feel much safer here. Only one things is my pet hate: people with no lights on during the rain!

That Great Country has everything you need,
but,
where to go to meet English People?

orys:
unjusticely (is that good word?)

sorry to correct you orys but you might want to use the word UNJUSTLY but i stand to be corrected by someone who speaks english better than a welshman in spain :laughing:

as a “foreigner” the most obvious thing i notice when working in uk is how we foreigners get slagged off all the time until i open my mouth and people suddenly change their attitude because i’m british driving foreign truck. the worst offenders are usually other truck drivers in services or truckstops who automatically slag me off for expecting to park for free then i tell them i’ve paid and suddenly the atmosphere changes to hundred questions about living in spain :sunglasses:

i used to hate driving in uk when i lived there because of the traffic but once or twice a month now is about all i can handle :smiley:
how is it that the motorways are clogged even at 11 in the morning? do these people have nowhere to work or do they just sit in traffic jams all day?

Im also english driving a foreign truck,i think one of the main problems on uk roads are the volume of traffic.also the cost of parking in most cases with ■■■■ facilitys.parked at the orwell crossing few weeks back must say was very impressed excellant food and facilitys :smiley:

NO this is not a bash the foreigner forum i was just wondering what they think of our road system compaired to theirs as i prefer driving over there and the truck stops are more conciderate and friendly to drivers and a lot more cleaner and it was just a queary :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :grimacing: :grimacing:

TWINFLAGS:
NO this is not a bash the foreigner forum i was just wondering what they think of our road system compaired to theirs as i prefer driving over there and the truck stops are more conciderate and friendly to drivers and a lot more cleaner and it was just a queary :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :grimacing: :grimacing:

this is easy to answer, as road tolls in europe strangly get spent on the roads and not on politicians nonexistent mortgages the road system in nearly every country in europe is better than uk.
truckstops are free to park so you don’t mind spending money on decent food and drink, everybody in europe respects truckers as lifeblood of industry whereas everybody in uk thinks truckers are scum and shouldn’t be on the road :wink: :wink: :wink:

euromat:

switchlogic:

you need to wash it out mate. :wink: :laughing:

Lovelyperson:
That Great Country has everything you need,
but,
where to go to meet English People?

I suppose thats meant to be funny. But ultimateley, this place is such a magnet for people from all around the world. They don’t come here to absorb different cultures, they come here to live in our culture and enjoy the way we live. Or in some cases they come here to enjoy their own culture in the way we live :wink:
You’ve made a good start to find English people as there are lots here.

euromat:

switchlogic:

Somehow i just can’t imagine either of you two doing multi drop in the UK on day work. Not only would you not smell ■■■■ as you would probably not get near a Motorway service station, you’d actually have to drive and engage with other traffic in a busy day to day scenario as opposed to sitting on your cruise control all day. You also occasionally have to get off your arse and move stuff about either off or on the trailer (several times a day), that might result in a few inches off your waistline. It also involves having to use your loaf to find somehwere to park, as opposed to parking in one of these free Euro things where you are waited on hand and foot with wine and coffee and free food if we believe half of what you Euro drivers tell us, oh, and immaculate toilet and shower facilities!!(something us plebs here only dream of)
You two stick to the easy Euro life and leave us real truckers to do the hard work here, we’'ll cope even if you both can’t stand the pace here. After all, driving a truck in the UK is no easy job as both of you know, and dislike !!! :smiley:

If your talking about driving i don’t think its that bad apart from the traffic at certain times. If your talking about services and attitudes then its pretty crap.

People go on about French roads and stuff being a lot better, but forget we don’t have toll roads in this country apart from the empty M6 toll road. We also have large population density in England compared to a lot of other Euro countries.

Outwith work going down south in the car to visit friends and family i’d much rather time my journey and do it at night for free than pay say £120 in tolls to go the length of the country to have a quiet road. Lets face it if they ever introduced toll roads all over the UK they would be the most expensive in Europe.

I don’t think the road network is that bad, problem is if they do build a new road in the middle of nowhere within a few years suddenly find houses have appeared round about it, industrial estates have appeared, outta town shopping centres and suddenly its jam packed. Maybe with new road schemes they should limit the junctions so don’t jam up new roads as much.

They say thats the biggest problem with the M25 it was supposed to be a long distance route with few junctions just main roads, but to get planning permission had build junctions for every small place, so get lots of people doing short distances on the road leading to congestion when it was designed to be a long distance route.

TWINFLAGS:

i know exactly where you are coming from with this question.

we all stand there in the traffic office and get a job look at it and go " oh no, come on can i have that job for carlisle instead of this one for london "

well do the german, french, polish or italians stand in their traffic office look at their delivery notes and say " oh come on, can i have that job for france, belgium, holland italy ect… instead of this job for england ".

i think thats what you meant.