Foreign drivers ie poles and latvians

im from northern ireland and have heard on the grapevine that allot of the northern irealand hauliers are actually stopping using foreign drivers, as there has been to many accidents, and they are unreliable.

has anyone else heard this.
i think that allot of the republic of ireland hauliers are also doing the same

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I feel this is going to be a VERY highly posted post… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Its the same old story but under a different title, jammy… but funnily enough last weekend in Castets and this weekend at the Cabbage Patch in Bordeaux, I was with Irish boys each time and we all got chatting as you do. It seems the EE influx has become a major major problem over there … much more so than here!! I was told that Nolans at New Ross has hardly any Irish, Welsh or English boys working for him now and he has 300 motors.
Saturday night I was with a guy I had met 2 days earlier in Seville (however did I catch a paddywagon up■■?) and he told me that his own firm had had 3 motors rolled this year including one that was rolled just 20 minutes after the guy got in it!! As we all know, the Irish boys run top notch equipment so it must be costing them a fortune!

a large company in dublin is called wheelans. they do allot of fridge work. you will hardly find a irish trucker working for them. they are all europeans. and he has 100s of trucks. in the republic of ireland it is worse than britain, htey do not have a notion how many they have let in, and like britain they have admitted.
why dont the police set up a check point for a week and stop lorries at random and see how many illegals they get driving lorries.
id say it would be very surprising.
its probably the same here, but almost every meat factory in ireland, north and south all employ foreign nationals,
but if you speak to anyone they cannot get any irish people to do the work. and id believe that

Im from northern ireland the last time i was going out on the boat i was talking to a fella and he said the same thing , he had 4 lorrys crashed / badly damaged inside 2 months … all 4 lorrys were bein drove by forgein drivers ? he also said they work for buttons too

Whats the cost comparison for smashing the truck or saving a few quid on wages maybe it pays some companies to do it that way?.

im from northern ireland and have heard on the grapevine that allot of the northern irealand hauliers are actually stopping using foreign drivers, as there has been to many accidents, and they are unreliable.

has anyone else heard this.
i think that allot of the republic of ireland hauliers are also doing the same

id heard this and was told its down to insurence costs spiraling out of control
and the names i were told were well known international companies operating from ireland

come from ireland my self and it is true alot of our drivers are from EE this is costing drivers there jobs and for young drivers like myself its making it extreamly hard to get a job. I enjoy talking to drivers while waiting for the ferry but now when i see an Irish truck there is no point on knocking on the door to have a chat as the driver on an international route wont speak english. its a shame they take the cheap option out

were you from acceptme, what line of work you in that you get the boat allot.

from dublin originally but im living in southampton at the moment working as a driver for a removals firm as im so young couldnt get insurance in ireland so this company was willing to give me a chance as a driver. Usually on the boat to belgium or ireland every 2months cause go over a lot to see friends or family.

Very nice reading for a bloke like me. I am living in the UK for seventeen years now and have my driving licence for 31 years. No accidents, no bad driving, definitely no Drink and/or drug driving and no insulting behaviour towards my honourable colleagues. Well, it doesn’t surprise me that a standard conversation with my British fellow drivers will last for some 2 minutes the most. How could I’ve forgotten my stupid foreign (German) accent? Am I working for less? Well, go kidding yourselves if you think I would. However, I am sad to see that I am one of those who destroys YOUR jobs because I work for less or who is wrecking your chances because I can consider myself as a higher insurance risk because of what? Tbh, it is okay for the Irish to fly past me with chipped Lorries or with no apparent limiter installed? Now, I am certainly not happy with the standard of driving of some “Foreigners” and I would like to see more traffic checks from the Police or VOSA. Just last week I was overtaken by a Polish truck, the driver not even looking in his mirrors while he was next to me but having his eyes glued to his mobile from which he was sending a SMS, or that Irish bloke reading a paperback while driving and nipping on his coffee (from Cork the Unit was). Now than, I am happy to see that all of you are so unmistakably perfect and that the questionable behaviour of some of you is acceptable because you are locals? End of rant…… :frowning:

Hello roadsailor OR SHOULD I say highwayman, are you going to try what you attempted to do on the site in germany,

brit pete:
Hello roadsailor OR SHOULD I say highwayman, are you going to try what you attempted to do on the site in germany,

??I am not quite with you on this one here? Who are you?

road sailer, i ake it you are german, and have been here for seventeen years with a 30 year clean driving licence.
that is good.
when i say europeans i mean poor countriesrussia, latvia, luthwania,
yes there is allot of people who have moved here a long time ago, and that is fine, the ones i mean are the people who come over here and work for pittens and bring our wages down aswell. it is the same for plumbers etc etc…
i do agree that the world is a free world and people should be able to go and work where they want. but it is people like me and many more that pay in the long run. whether they are good drivers or not doesnt really come in to it.

northernirishinlpool:
road sailer, i ake it you are german, and have been here for seventeen years with a 30 year clean driving licence.
that is good.
when i say europeans i mean poor countriesrussia, latvia, luthwania,
yes there is allot of people who have moved here a long time ago, and that is fine, the ones i mean are the people who come over here and work for pittens and bring our wages down aswell. it is the same for plumbers etc etc…
i do agree that the world is a free world and people should be able to go and work where they want. but it is people like me and many more that pay in the long run. whether they are good drivers or not doesnt really come in to it.

northernirishinlpool, but what you descripe is happening in any other ‘wealthy’ europian country. I am a toolmaker by trade and I have left my country for the same reason stated by you. However, we should rather blame our governments instaed of blaming those coming into our countries because it is the politicians who open the door to these people. I know that feelings are running high and I am equally unhappy with their standard of driving and, of course, the fact that our wages are going down as a consequence. I still need to work to earn a living and I shall continue to do so for as long as a British employer will employ me for decent money.

i agree and so you should live here and work.
no harm intended

RoadSailor:
Tbh, it is okay for the Irish to fly past me with chipped Lorries or with no apparent limiter installed?

who cares? if they are not doing you any harm what’s the problem?

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

typical i’m alright sod the rest

And why do the Irish not have to stick to the rules like everyone else regarding limiters etc?

Karl:

RoadSailor:
Tbh, it is okay for the Irish to fly past me with chipped Lorries or with no apparent limiter installed?

Fair competition!!!