Ford Transcontinental

Ford Ad-001.jpg

Hey, a Middle easter with sun roof,

Eric,

I’ve had a quick scan about these motors and I notice that folk have said they used a lot of fuel.We sold a couple to a chap ( Dennis Amies) on Carters Drinks and he was getting 8-9 M.P.G. I remember with Curtainsiders.But these motors did go well and there were no speed limiters and you could get some speed out of them so I reckon it depends on the right foot a bit don’t you think.I showed Edgar Bentley from Hatton one and he wouldn’t come out of the office to look as he said it was too big.

They look like a Mini by the side of these modern motors or am I wrong ? !!!

Ive just returned from a weeks holiday in Spain and im sure there were 2 Transcons near to where i was stopping .They were part of a mobile aquatic roadshow .They looked like they had been re cabbed with Renault high roofs but looked like they had Rockwell rear axles .They were parked on land off the cv905 just north of Torrevieja centre

ramone:
Ive just returned from a weeks holiday in Spain and im sure there were 2 Transcons near to where i was stopping .They were part of a mobile aquatic roadshow .They looked like they had been re cabbed with Renault high roofs but looked like they had Rockwell rear axles .They were parked on land off the cv905 just north of Torrevieja centre

They did have Rockwell axle’s.I’m off to Spain soon so I’ll have a look.

Tony

LUPIN SHOW2 2003.JPG
LUPIN SHOW 5 2003.JPGPhotos of Transco at Lupin Farm Show

More photos

rastone:
123Photos of Transco at Lupin Farm Show

That looks great you don’t see many of them about these days

Great pics rastone thanks for posting them :smiley: :smiley:

where were the transcons at the retro show i didn’t see a 1 :question:

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
where were the transcons at the retro show i didn’t see a 1 :question:

cheers
gaz

Never mind Tetragaz, it was great to see you there! Great show; and nice to have met you. Robert :smiley:

Pic of my dads transcontinental and the daf that he moved onto after in 1984 whilst working for Micro Image Technology ltd of riddings,derbys.He drove both of these from new carrying chemicals mainly up scotland to national semiconductors greenock and motorola electronics east kilbride/occasionally over to livingston/kircaldy (were all electronics companies but names escape me) however he soon wanted the transcon back due to the lack of space(and comfort)the daf gave, however even by about 4 or 5 yr old the transcons bodywork was at best shabby in the usual places but he always missed it,knew hed drove an early transcon around a P reg yrs before on container work aswell-will always be one of my dads favourite trucks.

After the company sold it my dad used to see it about for a while then one day found out some young lad had tipped it over on an island an it were scrapped.

Pics of our first Trans con in 77 and went on to have 6 of them in the next 4 years at Powells Transport based in Greenwich London

scan0006pp.jpg

img039powells.jpg

Here is some of the other later transcons we had.

Great pics moc

MOC,

Is the yellow one the bandag one ?

Used to pull tilts for autocontenx and it was registered HEV 1T ? An owner driver from up Ipswich way had it…can’t remember his name…

Some good shots of Transcons on various episodes of The Sweeney!

Tubbysboy:
MOC,

Used to pull tilts for autocontenx and it was registered HEV 1T ? An owner driver from up Ipswich way had it…can’t remember his name…

Yes it was the ex Bandag one we bought and reregistered,was a flyer 350 :laughing:

MOC:

Tubbysboy:
MOC,

Yes it was the ex Bandag one we bought and reregistered,was a flyer 350 :laughing:

I remember it from years ago… Me dad had 8 or 9 transcons on the same work, but matey who had HEV 1t wouldn’t do nights out or abroad work…me old dads were generally 290’s…

Turkish Transcon. Robert :slight_smile: