Ford Transcontinental

Fergie47:

Hi Dave, hope your well? That looks very much like the Transcontinental parked up for a while in my dads yard in about 1980, didn’t realise it was yours! If memory serves me right it had electrical problems but could be wrong, remember sitting in it and thinking how much bigger than our Maggie and F88’s it was.
Have you heard from my Dad yet? Andy

Gatt66:

Fergie47:

Hi Dave, hope your well? That looks very much like the Transcontinental parked up for a while in my dads yard in about 1980, didn’t realise it was yours! If memory serves me right it had electrical problems but could be wrong, remember sitting in it and thinking how much bigger than our Maggie and F88’s it was.

Andy, you should have pinched it used it on the banger racing circuit. You might of won a few more Demolition Derby’s with it :wink: :wink: . Hope you well and thanks for your message yesterday. Kind regards Adrian.

hi if you looik in my latest post you will find a photo of my transcon recovering my renault,regards peter supple

peter supple:
hi if you looik in my latest post you will find a photo of my transcon recovering my renault,regards peter supple

What thread? R

Apologies if this has been shown before, but hope it’s of interest.

One of the very first prototype Trans Cons to hit the road in the UK.

Gatt66:

Fergie47:

Hello Andy…

Just use to park it up your Dads place now and then…Never had any electrical problems with it. Had the engine re-built, went like a train. Sold it a guy who did a lot of Greece work…It was a good wagon, never let me down…
Haven’t heard from Dad yet, look forward to it though…

Ready for the next working-day!

Hiya…at llandudno show 2 weeks ago there was a NEW front panel for a transcon on a secondhand parts stall
£65 was the price if anyone is interested. i got the sellers mobile number they can call to see if its still for sale
they had quite a few roadtrain parts for sale.
John
Hiya all that front panel is giving us some trouble the woman gave me her number and name but she is’nt
answering the phone although it is ringing. we are up to 5 chaps who want the dammed thing i wish i’d bought
it and stuck a tenner on the price. any how if you want you can try for yourself the number is 07960 143511
the ladies name is Pauline…if you get the panel let me know, if i see her at a show i’ll buy it this time.
Cheers John

robthedog:

Hey all thats from Vespens site he drow that in the middle of the 80.s,its a real good site"
vespen.se

Reg Danne

one from finland ,cheers benkku

Thanks Danne, that’s a good site I saw the pic in a mag when I was in Denmark a couple of weeks ago.

Dirty Dan:

robthedog:

Hey all thats from Vespens site he drow that in the middle of the 80.s,its a real good site"
vespen.se

Reg Danne

VS02656.jpg
VS02655.jpg
VS02673.jpg

The youngs trucks were lovely,its a shame that photo isnt in colour ,they were a nice dark blue :wink:

ITS A SHAME U HAVN’T ANY PHOTOS BIG MAN

seth 70:
The youngs trucks were lovely,its a shame that photo isnt in colour ,they were a nice dark blue :wink:

Hey, here a Belgian, lots have driven here for a shot while, but poor back up at most Ford garages was a disaster.

Cheers Eric,

@Tiptop495: Ford was a nice company, very much related to Netherlands and Belgium (even Germany, when I was a co-driver
for large crates with destination Port Elizabeth…and the guard was surprised because of the White Road Commander) and
regrettably Ford did depend on their dealers…Van Berkel in Veghel (NL) and Neyt Trucks in Lokeren (B) being the most active
and customer-friendly!

By far the biggest user (located in the backyard of the Ford-factory in Amsterdam/Hemweg-harbour)
was Cementbouw also known as Heemex (and for the Belgians De Luycker) with a well maintained
fleet, for which you look in your mirror when passing…

Found another picture of a CAST, the registration was valid till June 1993.