Ford Transcontinental

rastone:
1234567More photos

JAR 54N Was owned by Airflow Streamlines as a wrecker in the 80’s & is still going now owned by Translink i believe

boris:

rastone:
1234567More photos

JAR 54N Was owned by Airflow Streamlines as a wrecker in the 80’s & is still going now owned by Translink i believe

Yes,but many folk say it started off as a wrecker, but as you see it didn’t although, it probably never have a load on it

Tony

f

Hi Whitehaul

Don’t know of you can help me but he little DAF 2300 sitting beside you looks like my dad’s old motor from Brit European.

Cannot see it clear enough to see the reg.

Can you see what it is from the original photo ■■

Cheers, Steve

I still have not found evidence of a LHD Ford Transcon with a 9-speed Fuller 'box. They all seem to have had 13-speeders. 9-speed was standard on UK RHD models, but there MUST have been LHD jobs with Fuller ‘nines’! Who can fill the gap? Robert :smiley: :question:

If you fast forward to 19 mins in this 1995 Banger Racing Documentary there’s a,brief, clip of a 6 wheeler Transcontinental Tractor Unit loaded with banger’s
youtube.com/watch?v=gJLpPZcK30I

Robert 1952 I know where is a 9 speed lhd transcon in my garage I bought it from Greece last year lovely truck regards rowly ward

dazcapri:
If you fast forward to 19 mins in this 1995 Banger Racing Documentary there’s a,brief, clip of a 6 wheeler Transcontinental Tractor Unit loaded with banger’s
youtube.com/watch?v=gJLpPZcK30I

My god that A-series Ford sounds like a bag of chisels: worse than an Accing Fuktross from Mercedes Benz!! Robert :laughing:

Hullo,
I don’t suppose that anybody has a photograph of my Transcon do they ? It was a lhd 350 ■■■■■■■ Mustard Yellow with Red, White and Brown stripes on it, that I bought through a Dealer ? In Essex and Emile Niete Trucks (spelling) at Lokeren, from an O/D in Antwerp. After a lot of various problems with it, and having had to spend a lot of cash on it, I backhanded it to the Finance Company, although I did keep it for a year doing Regular Greek Work before this . The last time I saw it was in Dover, painted in D/T’s colours and it was then owned by Athol R.I.P. The reg was. GJN 243 Y.

rward:
Robert 1952 I know where is a 9 speed lhd transcon in my garage I bought it from Greece last year lovely truck regards rowly ward

Sounds right up my street! Any pics? I’d love to drive one again! Robert :smiley:

Bobby Long docking on a ferry somewhere in Europe

robert1952:

rward:

Sounds right up my street! Any pics? I’d love to drive one again! Robert :smiley:

Rowly’s Transcontinental Robert…In good nick as landed from Greece

riverstick thanks for putin my ford on I aint got a clue how to do it hope your well regards rowly

Riverstick:

robert1952:

rward:

Rowly’s Transcontinental Robert…In good nick as landed from Greece

Brilliant! Thanks a million Riverstick, you’ve filled an important gap for me. Has it got a 290 ■■■■■■■ or the big 350? Cheers! Robert :smiley:

rward:
riverstick thanks for putin my ford on I aint got a clue how to do it hope your well regards rowly

Hi rowly looks smart already you doing same colour as scanias i remember coming home from school to find transcon in the yard on demo for week seemed so big we never had one tho stick to scania 110s cheers ian

Early Ford Transcon prototype on road test.

caddy1 not sure about coulers wont be for a while got to finish other prodject yet but it only needs paint jobmaybe ford white its so good condition you could work it tomorrow regards rowly

rward:
caddy1 not sure about coulers wont be for a while got to finish other prodject yet but it only needs paint jobmaybe ford white its so good condition you could work it tomorrow regards rowly

Yes great find that my brother restoring aki borderer at moment lots to do to cab but getting there cheers ian cad