For the daf lovers

reading the comments about turbo lag and the rest of the scania knocking who built the engine that went in the first 500 ssc daf boys you must get it in one reply :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

6 views still no reply daf lovers must have to google it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i dont rate the power in my daf, but i do rate the cab as far better than a scania for living in, if you put a daf cab on a scania driveline i think it would be a winner

Didnt the first Super SCs have a β– β– β– β– β– β– s engine option??

bullitt:
Didnt the first Super SCs have a β– β– β– β– β– β– s engine option??

it did and it was 500bhp on an N reg. left hand drive only.

eeeeer, all the 500 ssc dafs were β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  for around 2yrs, and they even had 500 embossed into the side air deflector collar at the bottom

a winner bullit so its common knowledge that scania make the best engines whens the the last time you saw three split screen daf that are 30 year old together :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iirc the early 95XF 530 was a β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  lump too.

just proves my point :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Did they not have a V8 lump in them at some point too?

500 β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  ssc craig potter had one of the first in the country mad max was the truck

I dont get his point, so the dafs had a scania engine in them, still doesnt make the scania anything better than something to store used condoms in.

Dogmatix:
I dont get his point, so the dafs had a scania engine in them, still doesnt make the scania anything better than something to store used condoms in.

When did Daf have a Scania engine? β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  is not Scania, they have a bit of a relationship on High Pressure Injection stuff, but that’s it.

Well I thought that was what he was saying, what is he saying then? Either way my point about used condoms still remains.

Dogmatix:
Well I thought that was what he was saying, what is he saying then?

Your guess is as good as mine :laughing:

Dogmatix:
Well I thought that was what he was saying, what is he saying then? Either way my point about used condoms still remains.

the point of the post was to see how many of the daf lovers knew this fact a β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  engine in the first 500 bhp which proves my point none you who bang on about the piles of crap replied and proves they didnt have the knowledge at that time to put there own lump of that size in so again i rest my case there crap :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Carl:
500 β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  ssc craig potter had one of the first in the country mad max was the truck

longs of leeds had the first right hand drive in the country… n133 gyg i think it was.

Oh. :confused:

When i was at Morrison Freight, they had a brand new 500 β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  SSC, left β– β– β– β– β– β–  M500 DAF was the reg if i remember.Never missed a beat all the time they had it.

it wont have it had a β– β– β– β– β– β– β–  in it think that one started off with an od iirc :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: