Fool of the day m6 j8 aprox 6-45am friday

going down the m6 at about 6-45am, just after the m5 turnoff a lorry on the hard shoulder with hazards on, moving at maybe 15mph… im in lane one… doing maybe 45-50… then when im about 30 yards from him the prick came onto lane one!!! all i can say is its a good job no one was up my rear! hes still got the hazzards flashin away as he stays in the lane… :unamused: needless to say as i overtook him he blanked me… shame as i used a few choice words… and i may as well shame him… he worked for euro metal recycling, so if you know him tell him hes a ■■■■!!

if a profession driver cant enter the motorway at a decent speed were all shafted… and as for leaving his hazards on instead of indicating… :imp:

if he was on the hard shoulder and moving why weren’t you in the middle lane anyway?

so i guess it could have been a “dazaster” waiting to happen :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: anyway daz,no offence mate but if i was in said situation,i would have checked o/s mirror,moved over to lane two just as a precaution,as he was obviously moving,and yes you are most correct in your obsevation of this foolish person being a prick.

biggusdickusgb:
if he was on the hard shoulder and moving why weren’t you in the middle lane anyway?

A vehicle with hazards on and crawling down the shoulder - if we all pulled out every time we saw one then we are likely to get some numpty down the nearside :exclamation: :exclamation: - now then, had the vehicle been picking up a lot of speed or indicating right - then that would be a different matter.

Can you imagine moving into lane 2 on a 2 lane motorway every time you we saw one - not realistic.

Here’s another one, Tuesday I’m traveling south A1 behind a Ramage truck a few miles before scotch corner turn off, around 5pm ish, cars in the outside lane doing 70 or there abouts, suddenly Ramage pulls into outside lane NO SIGNAL, all cars slam on!!..he’d come upon a slow moving mobile crane…surely he must have seen it ahead■■?

surely he must have seen it ahead■■?

Must have been watching a DVD instead :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:
A vehicle with hazards on and crawling down the shoulder - if we all pulled out every time we saw one then we are likely to get some numpty down the nearside

and you’re a trainer■■?

come on rog,where’s the harm or hassle of having a quick check in the mirror and giving it a wide birth?? i always move out (if safe to do so) when anything on hard shoulder moving or not,i certainly don’t agree with what the “prick” did,but surely a tad of common sense would be the order of the day mate■■? i know your’e exeptionally knowledgable in your area,but some 6yrs ago when i was taking me c+e lessons,a scenario very simular to this came up in conversation between the “trainer” and another “trainee”,and he advised that sometimes you have to use a bit of common sense and use “unwritten rules” to “anticipate” what other road users are likely to do,i was also taught that (now this maybe myth to some people) that you can actually read “body language” of other road users vehicles,i.e. what is that car in front likely to do next etc??

biggusdickusgb:

ROG:
A vehicle with hazards on and crawling down the shoulder - if we all pulled out every time we saw one then we are likely to get some numpty down the nearside

and you’re a trainer■■?

Well, I certainly would not pull into lane 2 of a busy 3 lane motorway on the off-chance it might do something stupid or into lane 2 of a busy 2 lane motorway for that matter.

It would come under - ‘what is reasonably likely to happen’ - if we all drove on the premise that the unreasonable will happen then we will be driving at 10 mph most of the time.

It’s not as if the truck had just started to move - it was already crawling at a very low steady speed on the shoulder with hazards on.

ROG:
A vehicle with hazards on and crawling down the shoulder
Well, I certainly would not pull into lane 2 of a busy 3 lane motorway on the off-chance it might do something stupid or into lane 2 of a busy 2 lane motorway for that matter.
It would come under - ‘what is reasonably likely to happen’

dazaster:
going down the m6 at about 6-45am, just after the m5 turnoff a lorry on the hard shoulder with hazards on, moving at maybe 15mph… im in lane one… doing maybe 45-50… then when im about 30 yards from him the prick came onto lane one!!! all i can say is its a good job no one was up my rear!

well it reasonably happened, and if he was already in the middle he wouldn’t have to worry what was up his rear
by your own admission, you would rather tank along and risk knocking mirrors?

just for interest whats your take on this one

D’ya not?:
Here’s another one, Tuesday I’m traveling south A1 behind a Ramage truck a few miles before scotch corner turn off, around 5pm ish, cars in the outside lane doing 70 or there abouts, suddenly Ramage pulls into outside lane NO SIGNAL, all cars slam on!!..he’d come upon a slow moving mobile crane…surely he must have seen it ahead■■?

ROG:
It’s not as if the truck had just started to move - it was already crawling at a very low steady speed on the shoulder with hazards on.

Which would suggest he is either getting to the nearest phone / point of safety or has just entered the hard shoulder and is more than likely coming to a stop.

The last thing you expect someone to do on the HS at such a slow speed is to pull out, although I have seen idiot motorists pull back onto lane 1 as if they were leaving a layby.

biggusdickusgb:

That the Ramage truck and the EMR truck just do as they like with no regard for anyone else?

ALWAYS Expect the unexpected!!!

Deepinvet:

You’ll subscribe to the thoery that ROG suggested then, all drive in lane two at 10 mph?

Oh its good to see I’m not the only one thats indicated to pull out and then realised 5 minutes later the hazard lights were still on which of course means my signalling made no difference :open_mouth:

So come on, hands up, how many professional drivers have forgotten at some point that their hazards were still on?

Whenever I’ve stopped with someone on the hard shoulder, I always advise them to build their speed up till they’re matching the speed of the traffic in lane 1, wait for a suitable gap, indicate and rejoin the carriageway. That way, everyone’s going home. :wink:

The Highway Man:
Whenever I’ve stopped with someone on the hard shoulder, I always advise them to build their speed up till they’re matching the speed of the traffic in lane 1, wait for a suitable gap, indicate and rejoin the carriageway. That way, everyone’s going home. :wink:

i wonder if that advice is given to all drivers of all classes when doing there training??or is it classed as “COMMON SENSE” which of course not all are capable of…them “UNWRITTEN RULES” again maybe?

Davey Driver:
Oh its good to see I’m not the only one thats indicated to pull out and then realised 5 minutes later the hazard lights were still on

So far it looks like its you and the EMR driver, i’ll keep count. Sort of like an invigilator !! :smiley:

Mike-C:

Deepinvet:

You’ll subscribe to the thoery that ROG suggested then, all drive in lane two at 10 mph?

that’s what i was told on lessons Deepinvet, expecting the unexpected doesn’t mean travelling around at 10mph

Mike-C:

biggusdickusgb:

That the Ramage truck and the EMR truck just do as they like with no regard for anyone else?

agreed mike but i was thinking more along the lines of under normal conditions the lorry behind the ramage one should’ve known something was coming up as well

Davey Driver:
Oh its good to see I’m not the only one thats indicated to pull out and then realised 5 minutes later the hazard lights were still on which of course means my signalling made no difference :open_mouth:

So come on, hands up, how many professional drivers have forgotten at some point that their hazards were still on?

Not so much of a problem, as long has you have built up your speed on the HS to match the traffic already on the carriageway, not just pull out like this muppet apparently did.