Food

Serious topic,

I am fed up with sandwiches

Anyone not take sandwiches? And if so, give me some ideas please.

Hello mate, what a choice, cold pasta bowls, pot noodles, cold chinky from the night before, i must admit i get bored of peanut butter sarnys but thats my choice, :smiley:

lost:
Hello mate, what a choice, cold pasta bowls, pot noodles, cold chinky from the night before, i must admit i get bored of peanut butter sarnys but thats my choice, :smiley:

yeah your right, no choice !

Love remembering the 80’s, transport cafe’s everywhere, and cheap.

A Scotch egg is all the food you need.

Chas:

For a 10-14 shift? going to need a big scotch egg

Camping stove with 2 rings and a grill. Set of none stick pans and a frying pan. The milk pan will do as a kettle. 2lb of bacon, a dozen eggs, tinned soup, stew, chilli and curry. Fresh fruit.And fresh bread every couple of days. Plenty of bottled water.

2 minute microwave rice bags…a splash of water in your pan and cooked in a few and tin of curry/chicken white wine sauce etc cooked almost as quick on your stove. Honestly,it doesn’t take up much of your 45 but it is a little more awkward if you feel peckish on the move.

I can’t be bothered to make sandwich s ,sometimes when they’re made for me I have smoked salmon ,or ham and tomato,other than that I am a cafe inspector .

I got sick of sandwiches myself and went for pot-noodles/pot pasta combos or tupperware tub of cereal for a change. In fact chuck anything you like in a tupperware tub and see what its like.

Snarley:

Chas:

For a 10-14 shift? going to need a big scotch egg

Scotch eggs are limited in size by the diameter of the average hens sphincter, so I’d be very wary of any sold that may be larger than your average egg.

Have you given any consideration to carrying more than 1 at a time on your travels?

eat whatever’s in the fridge your pulling :smiley:

green456:
eat whatever’s in the fridge your pulling :smiley:

that could be a bit hard in times gone by… 20t of hanging ad 20t of steel plate on the floor :wink: :wink:

take a flask of soup an a few rolls, a not poodle and a flask of water can sometimes do.

pot potato with a sprinkle of cheese , a few sausages wrapped in bacon to nibble on,

Wraps
Pot noodles
Endless ready meals
Pot noodle GTI (these are delicious)
Pies
Cereal
Pasta
Mug shots
Pasties
Pork pies (useless without salad creme though)
Rustlers burgers
Cold leftovers which you whack in the microwave

Or else snack vans

Pot Noodles are NOT food.

Tipper Tom:
Wraps
Pot noodles
Endless ready meals
Pot noodle GTI (these are delicious)
Pies
Cereal
Pasta
Mug shots
Pasties
Pork pies (useless without salad creme though)
Rustlers burgers
Cold leftovers which you whack in the microwave

Or else snack vans

Cheers tipper, that is awesome

I use this in the winter full of hot scouse (stew type thing) soup or even curry, you can have hot drinks in it and it stays hot for six hours and its 1.5 litres.
Summer it has icy drinks or cold chopped fruit in it or smoothies, stays cold for 12 hours.
Suits me the Mrs fills it I empty it :sunglasses:

You’re welcome. Let’s just say I don’t starve

Chas:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Chas:
Pot Noodles are NOT food.

Pot noodles are the food of the Devil !
Do not consume!
Cornflakes on the other hand are quite nice along with milk of course.
( other cereals are available)

2 hard boiled eggs, bag of almonds, 2 apples, bananas, block of cheese, tuna/salmon with mayo in a container, celery sticks, carrots, bran flakes & milk. NB. These are examples not what I take every day.
I sometimes take a tub of mixed salad, ASDA £1, grill some chicken or a steak burger, chop up & put in tub, add salad dressing and boom, lunch. We don’t have to eat fatty unhealthy foods, it’s ok I’ve checked.