Following on from my post about srvice areas

lol the reason i asked the question about service areas is that the wife cant belive how much i spend in a week tramping, so you might think i’m being personal but she’s curious as to what the norm is how much do you spend on a weeks tramp

steve

about a Tenner :sunglasses:
3 nights I cook in the cab and 1 night I eat out,usually at overpriced M&S but at least there, you can get something slightly healthy.

Im sick of eating ■■■■

oh and I have a breakfast on a Friday :smiley:

I aim to spend no more than the expensive I am paid. ie 3 nights out. is 3x£20 plus my £10 a week meal allowance.

that way I am not “touching” my wages. although i do understand that lots of drivers treat night out money etc as wages.

A fiver. Tops. Unless I get sent to Wales from Tilbury. Self catering and a good working knowledge of safe free parking and how to find it mean that I am way in profit on my nights out. :wink:

" a fiver" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
I dont believe you lucy you big fibber :laughing: :laughing:
I can easily get through 60 or 70 quid… and if im weekended :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .. i cant say cos mrs jb reads these posts :laughing: :wink:

If I’m on the Irish run for the week, 2 or 3 trips, then it would be around £10 a week as you get free food on the ferry so only buying coffees and sometimes a breakfast. On the weeks I’m on the German run, again 2 or 3 trips, it would around £20 a week. I use the cafeteria at the supermarket not far from the depot, decent enough food at cheap prices. Night out money is £28.11 and we get £10.30 a week meal allowance so plenty left out of that.

JB:
" a fiver" :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .
I dont believe you lucy you big fibber :laughing: :laughing:
I can easily get through 60 or 70 quid… and if im weekended :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .. i cant say cos mrs jb reads these posts :laughing: :wink:

Why would I need to spend any more? I carry all my food, avoid paying for parking, and only really spend out on a bacon butty as a Friday treat. Some weeks it’s even less. I had a competition with another of our drivers who self caters one week. He had spent 32 pence, beating me by 10p. Gutted. :blush:

I called into the doomed “truckstop…” at alconbury last week for a shower.
THREE ■■■■■■ QUID :imp:
I also buy a paper everyday im in the uk. (thats more expense mrs jb honest).. It just seems to filter from my wallet so by the end of the week im brassic :laughing:
“bacon butty as a friday treat” YOU REBEL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

i should of pointed out i meant everything from cigs to papers to parking lolol some of you arent playing fair 32 flamin pence lucy

stevelw2007:
i should of pointed out i meant everything from cigs to papers to parking lolol some of you arent playing fair 32 flamin pence lucy

Why are you paying parking? Are you an OD?

My figures included everything, I don’t smoke and I haven’t bought a newspaper for about five years.

OD■■? coffee

used to buy all i needed at the weekend tea/longlife milk etc seldom paid for parking as a industral estate with working factorys ie people about was safer than paid parking any day only ever had curtains slashed at truckstops and msa s since i smoke £20 a week was normal but could get by on £10 my thinking being you go on the road to earn not spend less than 50p for a week though :open_mouth:

stevelw2007:

in the interests of a full picture being presented the figures should also include : the cost of all food etc taken with you, gas for your stove, price of the stove/microwave, price of fridge, price of kettle etc etc . Although of course some of those would be difficult to quantify :smiley: :wink:

Taking in to account food bought for the week, probably a total cost of about 40 quid a week.

Suppose I’m lucky, we get free parking in the quarry, and the use of the canteen facilities including tea and coffee.

After setting myself up again with all the kit i now spend about £25 per week on food and drink ,cooking my own stuff in an electric oven and the 24/12 volt coolbox is a good investment as well.I dont drink alchol when out just some decent (cobra) alc free stuff ,it just makes a change from tea/coffee an coke.so basicly its 1 night out money and 1 days meal allowance, everything else goes as wages so it makes a decent paypacket.

stevelw2007:
OD■■? coffee

Owner Driver, i guess because you had to ask you aren’t. :smiley: :smiley:

montana man:
in the interests of a full picture being presented the figures should also include : the cost of all food etc taken with you, gas for your stove, price of the stove/microwave, price of fridge, price of kettle etc etc . Although of course some of those would be difficult to quantify :smiley: :wink:

I don’t carry a stove kettle, fridge, food etc these days, no point when I am only away one night at a time. The only thing I take from home is a flask and a travel mug of coffee each day. However, I would be drinking that whether I was at home or on the road so it isn’t an additional expense.

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

I don’t carry a stove kettle, fridge, food etc these days, no point when I am only away one night at a time. The only thing I take from home is a flask and a travel mug of coffee each day. However, I would be drinking that whether I was at home or on the road so it isn’t an additional expense.

Much the same as I Neil. It would also be fair to conclude that in reply to the point about “cigs and papers etc” that they would also be smoked whether at home or away :wink:

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

Much the same as I Neil. It would also be fair to conclude that in reply to the point about “cigs and papers etc” that they would also be smoked whether at home or away :wink:

And if you are in the habit of buying a daily paper that would be home and away as well. I guess the only expenses then is the difference in cost between eating out instead of at home and showers. If you are using supermarket bought food to self cater that is all you are doing at home as well so again not really an expense incurred by being away.

I smoke roll-ups during the week, which I bring from home. I bring all my food, gas etc. from home. Both of those things I would spend money on getting in advance whether I was home or away. I only ever use free showers, and if i can’t find one, strip wash in the wagon. In fact, I have a full wash every night before bed regardless, so that isn’t an issue.

I don’t read the papers. I’ve been using the same 24v kettle for the last 7 years. I don’t pay to park - and even when I have to through lack of alternative, I get it back anyway. Ditto tolls.

So what the hell else is there to spend it on except in the pub…? But then when you can’t drink and have good friends about you, you only ever end up buying a half of Coke, which is where the 42p came in. No matter how hard you try. :stuck_out_tongue: