Following on from my post about srvice areas

I don’t self cater and I usually get through about £20 and €20 if I go over the water for a few days. I cannot remember the last time I paid to park. All I carry with me is approx 6 litres of water and lots of yoghurts and apples.

if im out all week i spend between 50 to 70 quid a week i dont self cater anymore got sick of it after doing it for close on 10 years of tramping i boil a kettle for a cuppa or if im really desperate a poy noodle.

Coffeeholic:
If I’m on the Irish run for the week, 2 or 3 trips, then it would be around £10 a week as you get free food on the ferry so only buying coffees and sometimes a breakfast. On the weeks I’m on the German run, again 2 or 3 trips, it would around £20 a week. I use the cafeteria at the supermarket not far from the depot, decent enough food at cheap prices. Night out money is £28.11 and we get £10.30 a week meal allowance so plenty left out of that.

Thats why you never come to the pub with me…

jimboy124:

Coffeeholic:
If I’m on the Irish run for the week, 2 or 3 trips, then it would be around £10 a week as you get free food on the ferry so only buying coffees and sometimes a breakfast. On the weeks I’m on the German run, again 2 or 3 trips, it would around £20 a week. I use the cafeteria at the supermarket not far from the depot, decent enough food at cheap prices. Night out money is £28.11 and we get £10.30 a week meal allowance so plenty left out of that.

Thats why you never come to the pub with me…

Err… Uhm, Yeah OK, let’s say that is the reason then. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I allow myself £100 a week to feed myself but rarely spend more than £50 because of the discounts on ferries plus the subsidised meals in the factories and delivery places,
And if thats not possible the restaurants in supermarkets are a good place to eat ,all i have in the cab is a coffee machine and fresh milk for my coffee and muesli in a morning.
I have £150 a week built into my salary for these expences so i am well under this figure so im happy enough and still a fat b—tard, probley the french food and wine i eat BURP :slight_smile:

Lucy:
I smoke roll-ups during the week, which I bring from home. I bring all my food, gas etc. from home. Both of those things I would spend money on getting in advance whether I was home or away.

So you would buy gas if at home :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

by 'eck I knew it were poor up smoggy land but you’ve only got a travel cooker for at home :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

No wonder Ricks wasting away if you take the household cooker an gas with you :wink:

stevelw2007:
lol the reason i asked the question about service areas is that the wife cant belive how much i spend in a week tramping, so you might think i’m being personal but she’s curious as to what the norm is how much do you spend on a weeks tramp

steve

Steve i don’t tramp at the minute. But if you smoke and need to buy one pack of ■■■■ a day (about £5.25 from a MSA) and get one coffee (about £2.20 at an MSA) then there’s seven and a half quid gone before you even eat. If you have to stop at an MSA and eat a meal most nights of the week you are gonna be well over a ton a week i would guess?