fog lights

its nice to be seen clearly but why do muppet car drivers put their fogs on in rain,i wish I could put a sign on the back of my trailer,it would read to the muppet car drivers who put their fogs on in rain,EVER WONDERED WHY THEY ARE CALLED FOG LIGHTS,not too bad during daylight but nightime is another story

truckman020:
its nice to be seen clearly but why do muppet car drivers put their fogs on in rain,i wish I could put a sign on the back of my trailer,it would read to the muppet car drivers who put their fogs on in rain,EVER WONDERED WHY THEY ARE CALLED FOG LIGHTS,not too bad during daylight but nightime is another story

Whats stopping you ?
I reckon you could get one printed cheap enough.

Brilliant! A completely unique and original thread for once. Fog lights! Why haven’t we done this before? This is going to be great.

Contraflow:
Brilliant! A completely unique and original thread for once. Fog lights! Why haven’t we done this before? This is going to be great.

What about a “which Sat Nav?” Thread ■■ I’ll get on it right away !! :grimacing:

Do not mention frilly curtains with tassles on here.! :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Do not mention frilly curtains with tassles on here.! :smiley:

It’s ok for the frills as long as you passed in a manual!

Why do so many trucks have as many as ten extra driving lights mounted above the windscreen and on the front grille, I,ve managed to survive over 30 years driving trucks with just the two headlights!

So they can seen from space.And confuse landing airliners. :smiley: They like flashing in cars to show their beams off.

you know why the lights on the cabs…its the UK wana bees who think they,ve been to the middle east
and driven across a desert in the middle of the night…theres plenty of irish lads still driving on pitch
black twistey roads around Europe that need lights to see just where the road goes …there was a
chap who was in Egypt last year with a load…it goes dark at 5.30 at night over there… lights are needed
especially when you come across a donkey and cart with no lights in the middle of nowhere.
John

If there is a ton of spray beginning kicked up like it was on Monday then fogs are ok.

Please don’t mention agency drivers Stobarts :open_mouth:

Radar19:
If there is a ton of spray beginning kicked up like it was on Monday then fogs are ok.

If your struggling to see 10 foot in front of you, then its time
for fogs.

Other times that they are acceptable,

Company photoshoots,

Truck shows,

Not when you want to drive along with a giant ball of dazzling light and spray.

Just try and think of fog light use in direct connection with ■■■■■ size
it has been published in many a medical tome that the over use the 1st
leads to shrinkage in the 2nd. :laughing:

is it ok for a truck to have fog lights on when driving down unlit A rows in the night
or do they dazzle cars coming towards you

villa:
is it ok for a truck to have fog lights on when driving down unlit A rows in the night

Is it a foggy, unlit A road?

Radar19:

Not once have I driven in rainy spray laden conditions where I haven’t been able to see way over 100 feet in front of me. So no, in them conditions they are not acceptable. One of the side effects of rear fogs is that the vehicle following you gets used to them and when you suddenly brake then he/she fails to notice the brake lights as the fogs are drowning them out.

the maoster:

Radar19:

Not once have I driven in rainy spray laden conditions where I haven’t been able to see way over 100 feet in front of me. So no, in them conditions they are not acceptable. One of the side effects of rear fogs is that the vehicle following you gets used to them and when you suddenly brake then he/she fails to notice the brake lights as the fogs are drowning them out.

well said my man,keith

Contraflow:

You are missing the point completely smoking chimp guy.
This kind of stuff gets posted over and over cos,let’s face it the wife has heard it all before, and she isn’t ■■■■■■ interested.
So,quite understandably it gets on here.
There is a solution to the problem,forgive me for regurgitating it, but, if the fogs are on 50 mph max and the car is limited to that speed.
Problem solved.
Simples.

oatcake1967:

villa:

no but it was very dark and no other traffic about

villa:

oatcake1967:

villa:

no but it was very dark and no other traffic about

Darn it,never anyone around to see how cool you look. :laughing:

Suedehead:

truckman020:

Whats stopping you ?
I reckon you could get one printed cheap enough.

the people I work for would not like it,and cos I need to work I cant take the chance of someone from the company spotting the sign