Fog Lights

Please note when its not foggy these can be switched off!!! Note to all Comet drivers on A14 e/b 0100 - 0300hrs

And all Scania drivers at all times of the day and night :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Front or rear?

Front, couldn’t give a flying ■■■■, they don’t blind oncoming vehicles as long as they’re properply adjusted.

Rear should be completely banned, they cause accidents because in real fog drivers eyes get so used to high intensity rear lights that they don’t spot brake lights.

Result another vehicle into the pile up thats already happening.

If you are driving so fast in fog that you can’t see the (normal) rear lights of a moving vehicle in front, then that should be a guaranteed dangerous driving case. Thats better than someone piling into someone stopping or slowing down on the motorway, because they mistook the brake lights for fog lights.

Im only 23 but can never recall needing foglights in uk, yesterday on m1 bit of fog and rain and every1 turns fog lights on when you can still see at least 100m ahead, also got the numptys on the radio saying turn foglights on as it’s foggy outside ■■? Idiots

Smoggie89:
Im only 23 but can never recall needing foglights in uk, yesterday on m1 bit of fog and rain and every1 turns fog lights on when you can still see at least 100m ahead, also got the numptys on the radio saying turn foglights on as it’s foggy outside ■■? Idiots

Working nights there’s odd times that I’ve used them on my cars, works vans have never had them though.

Personally I’d rather car makers fitted long range spots than fogs.

shuttlespanker:
And all Scania drivers at all times of the day and night :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t they come on automatically with the ignition on the Scania! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

DannyDoncaster:

shuttlespanker:

Don’t they come on automatically with the ignition on the Scania! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Spanky would never no has he is to tight to buy anything decent with modern stuff fitted to them, god his things have only just been converted from steam power

should ban the things total waste of time more dangerous than anything else

Smoggie89:

I use them on the car on motorways when weather in really bad. anything that makes me more visible to other road users in fog or torrential rain/heavy spray has to be a good thing, no?

Front fogs dont dazzle. Personally I always have them on if the lights are on as they give a very usefull pool of light on the verge, very usefull on the mainly unlit roads I use.
Yes, I do drive a Scania !

More worryingly were all the prats running with just side lights in the fog this week.

Well I just use my day lights in my new scania just because I can :slight_smile:

the headlight’s on my car are like candle’s, so i use the front fog’s at night on main beam, does help a lot and i ha adjusted the aim’s of all of the front light’s and put uprated bulb’s in them as well.

but i hate people using them with side light’s only, why, you can’t see ■■■■■■■ on sidelight’s and front fog’s…

Some drivers seem to think(imo) that its compolsury(spolling) :blush: to put the fog lights on in October and not turn them off until March . . bit like the snowchains over the Blanc. . always carried them but never put them on though.

philgor:
the headlight’s on my car are like candle’s, so i use the front fog’s at night on main beam, does help a lot and i ha adjusted the aim’s of all of the front light’s and put uprated bulb’s in them as well.

but i hate people using them with side light’s only, why, you can’t see [zb] on sidelight’s and front fog’s…

Is this an attempt for the most unnecessary apostrophes in a single post?! LOL

kevin0410:

philgor:

but i hate people using them with side light’s only, why, you can’t see [zb] on sidelight’s and front fog’s…

Is this an attempt for the most unnecessary apostrophes in a single post?! LOL

Front fogs shouldnt come on with main beam.
Whats an apossstrafey?

i switch them on manually, the swich is in front of the L/H stalk. have got some extra relay’s and driving lamp’s to fit when i can be arsed :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i know of a few vehicle’s where the front fog’s are fitted in to the headlamp unit, and when dip beam is on you can have front fog’s on but if you switch over to main the fog’s switch off. merc vito’s are a good example.

kev, i thought this was a truck driver’s forum, not a grammar forum… :smiley:

The law states it is illegal to use front fog lamps unless visibility is seriously reduced (normally less than 100 metres). Of course no driver on this forum uses front fogs unless visibility is seriously reduced as it is a professional drivers forum?!

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236). Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.
Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

No confusion here as to when or where to use front and rear fog lights! If you’re using them any other time,you’re committing an offence.

obsessivecompulsive2:

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236). Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.
Law RVLR regs 25 & 27

No confusion here as to when or where to use front and rear fog lights! If you’re using them any other time,you’re committing an offence.

Why do we see an increasing amount of half witted so called professional drivers using them then, V.O.S.A should do something useful with their time.

and if front fogs are correctly adjusted, what harm do they do ?

triple-tango:
and if front fogs are correctly adjusted, what harm do they do ?

No harm at all in the fog! the clue for the use of these lights is in the name FOG!
What winds me up even more are the idiots that drive on the motorway or dual carrigeway at night on main beam even when traffic is going the other way