Fog and Truck Drivers

The last few days have seen a lot of fog in the West Yorks area.

And I’ve been amazed at how many lorry drivers I’ve seen without any lights on of any kind, including a few on the M62…

WTF■■? Pro drivers?? Or just as bad as the idiots in Micras and Kias etc. etc.? How can a supposedly professional driver fail to use dipped headlights in fog?

Shocking methinks! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I was wondering the same on the M5 near Taunton at 7am this morning. Not foggy but lashing down with rain and spray everywhere, expected the auto lights in their car brigade not to have any on, but the amount of heavies with no lights on was shocking.

I the last few days have seen NO fog in the East Anglia region.

And I’ve been amazed at how many car drivers I’ve seen with their foglights on, both front and back, including a lot on every road I’ve traveled on…

WTF■■? Car drivers with licences? Or just as bad as each other? How can a supposedly licenced car driver fail to switch of their foglights when there is no fog??

Truckulent:
I’ve been amazed at how many lorry drivers I’ve seen without any
lights on of any kind, including a few on the M62.

How do you know that they had no lights on ?

Dieseldoforme:

Truckulent:

This question is too stupid to answer. ^^^

So I won’t.

EastAnglianTrucker:
I the last few days have seen NO fog in the East Anglia region.

And I’ve been amazed at how many car drivers I’ve seen with their foglights on, both front and back, including a lot on every road I’ve traveled on…

WTF■■? Car drivers with licences? Or just as bad as each other? How can a supposedly licenced car driver fail to switch of their foglights when there is no fog??

I take it you are one of the idiots that drive in fog without lights then? Nice to hear the sarcastic view of a steering wheel attendant and not a driver… :unamused:

Truckulent:

Dieseldoforme:

Truckulent:

So I won’t.

Yes I thought it was a strange question.

dozy:

Truckulent:

Dieseldoforme:

So I won’t.

It is neither a strange nor stupid question.

If a vehicle needs lights on in fog so it can be seen, how then can it be seen if it has no lights on?

Maybe your eyes arnt up to scratch?? A tiny bit patch of mist that you pass through for 10 seconds and people think they need to be lit up light a Christmas tree.

Chas:

dozy:

Truckulent:

Dieseldoforme:

So I won’t.

If a vehicle needs lights on in fog so it can be seen, how then can it be seen if it has no lights on?

Touchè

Please try reading the highway code and it’s advice for driving in fog.

And this wasn’t mist. It was fog. I saw a few trucks on the M62 as they passed underneath a bridge i was stood on above the motorway.

You can see vehicles in a city at night thanks to the street lighting - even if they have no lights on. But would you choose to drive without lights in those circumstances?

Thanks for the pedantic and stupid answers to this question. I can see there are still plenty of idiots out there driving trucks, and lots are on this forum.

Truckulent:

And this wasn’t mist. It was fog. I saw a few trucks on the M62 as they passed underneath a bridge i was stood on above the motorway.

You can see vehicles in a city at night thanks to the street lighting - even if they have no lights on. But would you choose to drive without lights in those circumstances?

Thanks for the pedantic and stupid answers to this question. I can see there are still plenty of idiots out there driving trucks, and lots are on this forum.

Is it possible that it was only foggy at the height you were stood on the bridge?

Maybe down below at road level everything was hunky dory.

Chas:

Truckulent:

Is it possible that it was only foggy at the height you were stood on the bridge?

Maybe down below at road level everything was hunky dory.

No it isn’t. Visibility was about 80 yards everywhere…almost every other vehicle had dipped headlights on and a lot fog lights…it’s really simple - it was foggy and the truck drivers had not switched their lights on…

I seen a lot of lorries without lights on,not only in fog,but also when its getting dark.Its common sense and also a legal requirement to drive on dipped headlamps after dark,or in poor visibility.

Truckulent:
No it isn’t. Visibility was about 80 yards everywhere…almost every other vehicle had dipped headlights on and a lot fog lights…it’s really simple - it was foggy and the truck drivers had not switched their lights on…

But how do you know that “visibility was about 80yds everywhere”?

It might only have been 80yds from where you were stood.

BTW. Why were you stood on a bridge above the M62?

That fog over the M62 was a bit patchy and thick in places, Visibility was down to 60 metres in places and I got excited cos I could switch on my rear fogs for the 6th time in 8 years. I didn’t notice any heavies without lights I did see plenty of cars without and plenty that had their retina burners on when visibility was over a mile. I did see plenty of HGV’s that were on tow (although I couldn’t see a rope :frowning: ).

Chas:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I like that

chaversdad:

Chas:

I like that

It is not a joke & it is not aimed at your amusement. It belongs to a theory called ‘logic’.

Logic is something that seemed to fly out of the window on occasions.

If you can understand that, then you’re less than half way here.

Plenty of lorries today on M62 without lights on, I don’t understand why, it doesn’t cost anything first on last off.

Chas:

chaversdad:

Chas:

I like that

It is not a joke & it is not aimed at your amusement. It belongs to a theory called ‘logic’.

Logic is something that seemed to fly out of the window on occasions.

If you can understand that, then you’re less than half way here.

I dont give a ■■■■ what you think , i still think its funny