Fodens.

BonkeyDollocks:

rigsby:
That’s the one Bonkey , what a beast it was . The late Eddie Smith ran it as a tipper but it was only a 24 tonner . They also had an s20 with a boom lift and an ex army tank winch at the time . I remember them building that s39 wrecker , we all got stuck in and brush painted the body , long time ago now !

Was the S36 a ‘Croft lorry? Seen a pic of the S39s they had.

I don’t recall Bonkey , definitely an “import “, all our old s36 motors had chrome bumpers . By that time I was breaking the sound barrier with gba520v with the overdrive Fuller , I’d grown out of Gardners .

Newhaven Garage on the ‘top road’ had a S21 breakdown as well but I think that was an ex Barlow and Hodgkinson motor.

Pete.

On the road today

Some Aussi Fodens. 1971.

Click on pages twice.

That Toodyay Foden is a Twinload, a rigid 8 with a 5th wheel at the back end, a concept short lived in the UK, not sure how long it lasted in Oz though.

NMP

Reduced to internal work,Bardon Hill. NMP

coomsey:
NMP

That is an unusual cab? One piece screen. Was it for a special build or European Market?

NMP

Delivery today to Auchencairn sur mer

24E6CAA1-DE53-4556-92BC-25CD5B34F8E5.jpeg
430072DE-3543-4A76-9FEA-435E7A6230B0.jpegload back from brockloch rig wind farm to Matlock

A minky NMP

NMP off FB

:smiley: That was quick ,it was today :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:
:smiley: That was quick ,it was today :open_mouth:

BIG brother :sunglasses:

NMP

Showman’s Foden - X103AEN:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This S21 Foden was a great motor with its 150 Gardner Engine & Fodens 12 speed gear box, It was a great motor to drive & very good on MPG, I have the full history of it from when it was new & where it ended its days,Regards Larry.

There’s a very similar 8 wheeler tipper to this on Outback Opal Hunters on Quest. The young guns have it but very little info apart from they’ve got it going. It must be getting on a bit

Punchy Dan:
01load back from brockloch rig wind farm to Matlock

So is that a regular job then Dan as I noticed you’ve put your roro flat onto your trailer but still have a flat on the prime mover which didn’t appear to be in the earlier photo?