Fodens.

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:
01load back from brockloch rig wind farm to Matlock

So is that a regular job then Dan as I noticed you’ve put your roro flat onto your trailer but still have a flat on the prime mover which didn’t appear to be in the earlier photo?

The blue flat is a fixed plant built on the roro which goes out on hire I’am picking it up from the wind farm ,the other pic is a load of form work I took nr castle Douglas to get up there .

Punchy Dan:

Kempston:

Punchy Dan:
01load back from brockloch rig wind farm to Matlock

So is that a regular job then Dan as I noticed you’ve put your roro flat onto your trailer but still have a flat on the prime mover which didn’t appear to be in the earlier photo?

The blue flat is a fixed plant built on the roro which goes out on hire I’am picking it up from the wind farm ,the other pic is a load of form work I took nr castle Douglas to get up there .

Ah right I can see that now you’ve pointed it out Dan, handy having the trailer to take your flat home.

Stopped for a rest

6995985705_ed9cff4f25_b.jpg

22F62ACB-8F13-46B9-BD61-446046F0E699.jpeg

0C5C06AE-17E4-40DB-AD80-3CCBE43F70B7.jpeg
Moving some oak ,yew and cedar trunks from forest to mill today .

NMP

NMP

coomsey:
NMP

Stunning pair of Fodens Coomsey :slight_smile:

Kempston:

coomsey:
NMP

For sure Kempston,blue n cream weren’t they

coomsey:

Kempston:

coomsey:
NMP

For sure Kempston,blue n cream weren’t they

That’s correct, they have a depot in Bedford now, they do a lot of work out of Supreme Concrete in kempston Hardwick, fence posts, gravel boards etc.

did you load the formwork gear out of dosthill dan ?

m.a.n rules:
did you load the formwork gear out of dosthill dan ?

No that firm use the pink fleet ,this one is from b.o.t for the blue fleet .

ah thanks, just being nosey as dosthill is up the road from me…

NMP

FB_IMG_1625226572928.jpg

coomsey:
NMP

I can’t read the name but I assume those Fodens are of Richard Johnson and Nephew of Ambergate(?). They were my constant companions on my night trunk up and down the Via Gellia to Manchester for Bill Andrew of W.H. Andrew and Son of Nottingham, later to become Clearways. With 2 other drivers we drove our Leyland Redlines with 33 foot high volume single (little wheeled) axle trailers to collect the cornflakes from Kelloggs at Trafford Park. Incidentally where I saw my first Scania Vabis with its distinct white steering wheel. Amazing the things that stick in the memory, early 70s I should think. :slight_smile:

Later, when my brother John and I set up our own business, Bill subbed us plenty of work delivering Super Sur gas fires (during which time I admired the Spanish Barreiros bringing them in from Spain). He then offered to sell us one of the Redline artics, tractor and trailer (we did a lot of light volume work and removals) for £500, £100 down and £100 a month for 4 months but we declined as we didn’t want to be tied down with Scammell couplings. :unamused:

As Bill’s son didn’t want to continue when he retired Bill sold out to his partners, the father and son (names escape me) who changed the name to Clearways Transport.

Spardo:

coomsey:
NMP

I can’t read the name but I assume those Fodens are of Richard Johnson and Nephew of Ambergate(?). They were my constant companions on my night trunk up and down the Via Gellia to Manchester for Bill Andrew of W.H. Andrew and Son of Nottingham, later to become Clearways. With 2 other drivers we drove our Leyland Redlines with 33 foot high volume single (little wheeled) axle trailers to collect the cornflakes from Kelloggs at Trafford Park. Incidentally where I saw my first Scania Vabis with its distinct white steering wheel. Amazing the things that stick in the memory, early 70s I should think. :slight_smile:

Later, when my brother John and I set up our own business, Bill subbed us plenty of work delivering Super Sur gas fires (during which time I admired the Spanish Barreiros bringing them in from Spain). He then offered to sell us one of the Redline artics, tractor and trailer (we did a lot of light volume work and removals) for £500, £100 down and £100 a month for 4 months but we declined as we didn’t want to be tied down with Scammell couplings. :unamused:

As Bill’s son didn’t want to continue when he retired Bill sold out to his partners, the father and son (names escape me) who changed the name to Clearways Transport.

“Spardo” The 2 Fodens were operated by Lancashire Steel Manufacturing Company. :wink:

DEANB:
“Spardo” The 2 Fodens were operated by Lancashire Steel Manufacturing Company. :wink:

Were they part of RJN, or related in some way? I know that RJN’s base was Manchester. The reason I wasn’t sure about those two was that I couldn’t tell the colour, all RJN’s were green I seem to remember.

Im surprised this wasn’t in Punchy Blue, still earning its corn. :wink:

I wonder who that really really tall bloke in the background is, who appears to be floating on air. :confused: :unamused:

Nice pic though. :smiley:

Spardo:

DEANB:

Were they part of RJN, or related in some way? I know that RJN’s base was Manchester. The reason I wasn’t sure about those two was that I couldn’t tell the colour, all RJN’s were green I seem to remember.

Sorry dont know. :unamused:

Foden South Africa 1978.

Click on pages twice to read.