Fodens.

2018-04-04-17-14-42 (1280x720).jpg

servo88:
[attachment=6]Foden rebuild

“servo88” did you buy that Foden from John Weaver at Holton Heath ■■ It looks like one i saw in his yard
at Poole before he moved about 10/12 years ago. As i remember it was used at the building of a nuclear
plant and was pulling stuff from the rail head to the plant. From memory it had covered less than 100 miles
when parked up !! Seemed very odd why a motor like that was parked up and not used by a heavy haulier ?

DEANB:

servo88:

“servo88” did you buy that Foden from John Weaver at Holton Heath ■■ It looks like one i saw in his yard
at Poole before he moved about 10/12 years ago. As i remember it was used at the building of a nuclear
plant and was pulling stuff from the rail head to the plant. From memory it had covered less than 100 miles
when parked up !! Seemed very odd why a motor like that was parked up and not used by a heavy haulier ?

Nowt to do with me DEANB, spotted it in a yard & went across & had the craic, took the pic’s & will pop back later. They bought it for cab & part’s for the other one they’r rebuilding

Stan Robinson 041.JPG

Good read on the S 80/83 Dean a good workhorse in her day. Had to smile though, getting in n out of em was a bit of a do, head first or limbo? :smiley:

servo88:

DEANB:

servo88:

Nowt to do with me DEANB, spotted it in a yard & went across & had the craic, took the pic’s & will pop back later. They bought it for cab & part’s for the other one they’r rebuilding

Ok thanks for clarifying “servo88” :wink:

Handsome nmp

0012232172a30cd71c17074d45a8e487.jpg
Big Foden company. Breedon n Cloud Hill two quarries 1/2ml apart but very rare for company motors to load out of Cloud all subbies n vice versa. Good work out of there.

Towards the end of my driving career when Tossmac didn’t want me I did many loads out of Cloudhill (pre Breedon and before the tar plant was installed) and it was OK work for dry stone. Easy travelling, straight onto the A/M42 to Brum etc or across country to Nottingham etc. One ex Ballidon haulier has three trucks in there now. At one time the Breedon stone went all over the country, the Royal residences and National Trust used lots of it and I remember one lad going to Newton Abbot with two tonnes of it for a private house pathway on a six wheeler.

Pete.

windrush:
Towards the end of my driving career when Tossmac didn’t want me I did many loads out of Cloudhill (pre Breedon and before the tar plant was installed) and it was OK work for dry stone. Easy travelling, straight onto the A/M42 to Brum etc or across country to Nottingham etc. One ex Ballidon haulier has three trucks in there now. At one time the Breedon stone went all over the country, the Royal residences and National Trust used lots of it and I remember one lad going to Newton Abbot with two tonnes of it for a private house pathway on a six wheeler.

Pete.

Breedon Gold Pete, couldn’t have given it a better name, the price of it. Basically quarry waste ,looked good though n would stand trafficking on the drive.

servo88:

Now where is my “gas axe” ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Couldn’t resist ! Sorry ! but seriously, I hope the rebuild goes well and is a success. Cheers Bewick.

whitmores.jpg
These fellas used to run out of most of the quarries in Leic, s, I had the Reiver, L reg nice tool. Liked running out of Cloud Hill no messing about loading /tipping even with wet mix. Bit lower rate than black but none of the hassle. I tried to get in there regular but the gaffer were having none of it. Not sure what it’s like since newish owners (American?). Cheers Paul

coomsey:
These fellas used to run out of most of the quarries in Leic, s, I had the Reiver, L reg nice tool. Liked running out of Cloud Hill no messing about loading /tipping even with wet mix. Bit lower rate than black but none of the hassle. I tried to get in there regular but the gaffer were having none of it. Not sure what it’s like since newish owners (American?). Cheers Paul

Interesting Coomsey, but have you drifted into the wrong thread. :confused: :laughing:

Cedar Vintage & Grampian 027.JPG
Cedar Vintage & Grampian 035.JPG
Cedar Vintage & Grampian 036.JPG
Cedar Vintage & Grampian 051.JPG

Spardo:

coomsey:

Interesting Coomsey, but have you drifted into the wrong thread. :confused: :laughing:

Possibly Spardo, but I’m blaming Pete. Digression can n does happen but I know for sure that Whitmore n Hickens run some ex Tarmac Foden 6whlrs so back on track :smiley: :smiley:

3347239191_40d5a17ecd-2.jpg
Dixon of Ware.jpg
They had 4of these Spardo in the colours of the bottom crowd. ex Cliffe Hill ■■■■■■■ n Fuller box. Never been known to run anything but Leyland until then. No pics of them mind, shame.

Fair enough mate, just thought you’d got confused and wandered into the wrong room . :laughing:

A feeling not unknown to myself from time to time. :unamused: :laughing:

Foden advert.

Spardo:
Fair enough mate, just thought you’d got confused and wandered into the wrong room . :laughing:

A feeling not unknown to myself from time to time. :unamused: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :blush: