Fodens.

Ogdens of Otley, Thats a blast from the past, IIRC They used to run Fly Ash from Stella Power Station on the soutHside of the Tyne down to a stock pile where the Metro Centre is now, Their tippers had greedy boards on leaning into the tipper body to stop spillage as they corned, Their livery was Green with large singwritten OGDENS of OTLEY , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Ogdens of Otley, Thats a blast from the past, IIRC They used to run Fly Ash from Stella Power Station on the soutHside of the Tyne down to a stock pile where the Metro Centre is now, Their tippers had greedy boards on leaning into the tipper body to stop spillage as they corned, Their livery was Green with large singwritten OGDENS of OTLEY , Regards Larry.

Blast from the past yes, well known back in the day. Les.

ef2f2a6fd5a3d5641ed6e93bc47c976a[1].jpg

Friderici Tpt, Switzerland…Were a big user of Fodens, the drivers liked them, and some I’m led to believe are still in use
They are also a big user of Kenworths.

I have just seen a comment on the old pictures thread about Marathon cabs leaning backwards when the cab rear suspension was worn, this then followed by a reply mentioning that Foden cabs did as well. This has brought back unpleasant memories of those ridiculous claws which just didn’t close around the bottom of the shock absorber. They either didn’t work at all, closed too soon so that the damper was sat on top of them, or closed on top of or under the rubber bush. Whichever way what followed was a battle with the things trying to pump the cab up and down again and then using a poky bar to lever the claw open or around the washer; usually unsuccessfully the first, second, third… time. Success would be greeted by discovering that now that the nearside one had locked in place, the offside one was now the one messing about.

Not quite equalled by those Volvo FH ‘cab tilted’ warning light switches which were normally only discovered to be playing up once all tools had been put away, hands washed and overalls taken off so that one could get in the cab and move the vehicle.

cav551:
I have just seen a comment on the old pictures thread about Marathon cabs leaning backwards when the cab rear suspension was worn, this then followed by a reply mentioning that Foden cabs did as well. This has brought back unpleasant memories of those ridiculous claws which just didn’t close around the bottom of the shock absorber. They either didn’t work at all, closed too soon so that the damper was sat on top of them, or closed on top of or under the rubber bush. Whichever way what followed was a battle with the things trying to pump the cab up and down again and then using a poky bar to lever the claw open or around the washer; usually unsuccessfully the first, second, third… time. Success would be greeted by discovering that now that the nearside one had locked in place, the offside one was now the one messing about.

Not quite equalled by those Volvo FH ‘cab tilted’ warning light switches which were normally only discovered to be playing up once all tools had been put away, hands washed and overalls taken off so that one could get in the cab and move the vehicle.

On our Fodens we used to drill the bracket that the claw hinged in and put a pin in to lock the claw open while lowering the cab, no more problems then. Regarding ‘leaning back’ I think it was mostly the sleeper cabs that suffered that problem, our day cabs usually stayed level. There were different ratings available on the suspension units though, the tilt cabs were different to the fixed S40 and S50 ones.

Pete.

Hey, does someone knows as the Belgian Foden (built about '90/'95) is already restored. A light blue one tractor ■■?
And is someone knowing who distibuted them in Belgium ■■? It was a bit at the moment I think that ERF tried the French and Spanish market, pitty they
weren’t on the Belgian market.

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey, does someone knows as the Belgian Foden (built about '90/'95) is already restored. A light blue one tractor ■■?
And is someone knowing who distibuted them in Belgium ■■? It was a bit at the moment I think that ERF tried the French and Spanish market, pitty they

Eric,

Yes, Eric! I posted several pictures and lots of information about this on the LHD Foden 4000 thread. Here’s the link. Robert

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=118481&hilit=lhd+foden+4000

robert1952:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Yes, Eric! I posted several pictures and lots of information about this on the LHD Foden 4000 thread. Here’s the link. Robert

Hey thanks Robert, stupid I was it compleet forgotten. :cry:

Eric,

tiptop495:

robert1952:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Hey thanks Robert, stupid I was it compleet forgotten. :cry:

Eric,

No problem Eric, this happens to me too. We are not young any more! :laughing: Robert

These with permission from and thanks to Dave Fawcett.
Oily

oiltreader:
These with permission from and thanks to Dave Fawcett.
Oily

Great photos Oily, Proper wagons with a gear for every hill, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,Regards Larry.

fodon ranks.jpg

One for Larry ( not my pic ),

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg