image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegthough I would post some fresh photos of fodsheds as I’ve got back home before the Mrs :laughing: :blush:

image.jpeg

Have you been down to Cornwall by any chance Dan? :wink:

pete smith:
Have you been down to Cornwall by any chance Dan? :wink:

Yes but no . :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
0though I would post some fresh photos of fodsheds as I’ve got back home before the Mrs :laughing: :blush:

H.Campey were regulars at Trinity Paper Mills at Ramsbottom in the `70s with their S39s ■■?

ramone:

Punchy Dan:
0though I would post some fresh photos of fodsheds as I’ve got back home before the Mrs :laughing: :blush:

H.Campey were regulars at Trinity Paper Mills at Ramsbottom in the `70s with their S39s ■■?

Aye Campey did a lot of work from there, They used to do a bit of work with Robsons Frae Carlisle, Changing trailers loaded with Carnation Milk, Big Foden men in their heyday, But long gone like Robsons & many more good haulage firms from this Era, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

ramone:

Punchy Dan:

Aye Campey did a lot of work from there, They used to do a bit of work with Robsons Frae Carlisle, Changing trailers loaded with Carnation Milk, Big Foden men in their heyday, But long gone like Robsons & many more good haulage firms from this Era, Regards Larry.

Larry, I think a “Robson” girl married into the Campey family. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

ramone:

Punchy Dan:

Larry, I think a “Robson” girl married into the Campey family. Regards Kev.

Aye Kev there was a connection family related with the two firms, Regards Larry.

I found a site dedicated to the Haukes Fodens:
haukeskekerdomnostalgie.nl/fb/jaren-60/
The upside-down one shows the strength of the Foden cab (S18■■?).

Its not my photo, But I have posted it on the Foden thread because I bought the very same from Sellers & Kent, It was a great motor to drive with a 150 Gardner Engine & the good old Foden 12 speed box, It did us very good, I sold it to Brian Patterson & Sons Aberagie Perth, they ran it on long hauls the same as I did It was a trouble free , Regards Larry.

old photos.jpg

Before.

And after, Regards Larry.

Just a wee bit unusual, with thanks to Dave Fawcett, snapped at Crick Stop Rally 1991, Edgar Waine still working it then and originally a tanker…
Oily

oiltreader:
Just a wee bit unusual, with thanks to Dave Fawcett, snapped at Crick Stop Rally 1991, Edgar Waine still working it then and originally a tanker…
Oily

Hi Oily,
I believe this motor is with S.E Davies Astwood Bank Redditch, but don’t know in what condition,Cheers Pete

oiltreader:
Oily

Great photo of this 1943 Foden, Ex ICI perhaps ■■, Thanks for posting it, Regards Larry.

It was a tanker when new and Edgar shortened it. I remember it running around Brum. Funnily enough in that photo it is parked next to our vintage club secretaries ERF in B.J Waters livery, ex Knight brothers of Rowsley, Derbyshire.

Pete.

windrush:
It was a tanker when new and Edgar shortened it. I remember it running around Brum. Funnily enough in that photo it is parked next to our vintage club secretaries ERF in B.J Waters livery, ex Knight brothers of Rowsley, Derbyshire.

Pete.

Hi Pete, Did he alter the cab I wonder, Ive never seen a S18 like this before, A cousin of mine had a S18 that had a small window on the bottom near side cab panel, But this one is totaly different, Thanks for the info, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

windrush:

Pete.

Hi Pete, Did he alter the cab I wonder, Ive never seen a S18 like this before, A cousin of mine had a S18 that had a small window on the bottom near side cab panel, But this one is totaly different, Thanks for the info, Regards Larry.

I think that it was recabbed from a DG type Larry, Edgar did modify it a lot to keep it running and fitted a larger engine and power steering during the 40 odd years he ran it so he possibly altered the cab as well? It certainly owed him nothing, but then we both know that Foden’s will work on forever! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Lawrence Dunbar:

windrush:

Pete.

I think that it was recabbed from a DG type Larry, Edgar did modify it a lot to keep it running and fitted a larger engine and power steering during the 40 odd years he ran it so he possibly altered the cab as well? It certainly owed him nothing, but then we both know that Foden’s will work on forever! :wink:

Pete.

I agree with what you say Pete Being recabed , The bloke must have been very good if he did these modifactions, Thanks for your Info, Regards Larry.