Fleetboard Score Question

My TM has had the fleetboard activated on my Actros recently. I was told I could download the fleetboard drivers app on my phone which will show my driving/break time from the tacho and my fleetboard score amongst other info.

Downloaded it and had it activated but my question is, how the hell does the scoring work? If I go into the eco support on the dash, the scores for the different sectors are all between 75% and 97% which I thought was OK considering I do multi drop. But when I look at my fleetboard score on the app, I’m sometimes getting as low as 5.9 with some sectors showing up in red. I normally average 8.5-9.0mpg so I can’t figure out why my score goes so low.

TM is off on holiday this week so I’ll ask her next week when she’s back, but was wondering if anyone could shed some light in the mean time. Thanks.[emoji4]

Yes it is all bs and your dash will says one thing but the fleetboard tells the truth.The fleetboard likes you to roll for a mile with minimal breaking.Also it wants you to use the cruise control to get up to speed not your right foot.

If u leave engine running at idle too long that hits score big time.

The “Acc pedal” is the best one as it shows you how trigger happy you are with your right foot, the “Stop” is a waste of time, iv’e come to a real gentle stop doing everything by the book and i wouldn’t even spill a drop of tea if i had a full cup on the dash and yet iv’e still lost a few percent. “Roll/brake” is quite good though and that’s a pretty good test of how you use eco roll and the cont brake.

Today, so far I’ve done 5 drops and 3 collections and the scores on the eco support are:

Evenly-98%
Roll/Brake-95%
Stop-92%
Speed-100%
Use of Cont Brake-92%
Shift-100%
Use of acc Pedal-81%
Truck Check-100%

Yet today’s fleetboard from 8am til 12.30pm is showing an amber score of 7.2! [emoji53]

I think it looks like my driving style is OK but fleetboard is knocking points off me because I’m doing multi drop and not cruising on a motorway all day.

damoq:
Today, so far I’ve done 5 drops and 3 collections and the scores on the eco support are:

Evenly-98%
Roll/Brake-95%
Stop-92%
Speed-100%
Use of Cont Brake-92%
Shift-100%
Use of acc Pedal-81%
Truck Check-100%

Yet today’s fleetboard from 8am til 12.30pm is showing an amber score of 7.2! [emoji53]

I think it looks like my driving style is OK but fleetboard is knocking points off me because I’m doing multi drop and not cruising on a motorway all day.

I never used the app but those scores on eco support are ok although maybe the acc pedal could be improved but then again you have been doing a few drops etc.

Im assuming u always select the drive eco mode ? Selecting just drive will automatically lower your fleetboard score , even if you driving very well .

If manager moans about your score demand training from merc

It is far too complicated to work out your self .

I always drive with roll showing as it makes me feel good about how far i can go .

Colin_scottish:
Yes it is all bs.

Certainly sounds like it.

Pimpdaddy:

Colin_scottish:
Yes it is all bs.

Certainly sounds like it.

Sounds worse than than Dafs’ backseat driver thing. A good job I don’t have fleetboard, my CC doesn’t work properly. It switches off for no reason or wont set for ages then works for about 2 or 3 miles then switches off again.
I also let the revs go up quite a bit before using the exhaust brake (which is pretty good on our CF85, especially since remapping) so I’d be upsetting fleetboard no end. :laughing:

Does it really matter, unless it affects my bonus I couldn’t give a stuff,let them worry about it,thank you.

Muckaway , i promise u there is absolutely no comparison between the Merc and your old Leyland .

The Merc is probably designed by a MTBer , it rewards a smooth anticipation style of driving utilising momentum .

You can travel for literally miles with engine in eco mode (off) , and stonking masses of torque are on tap the instant you need it .

There is no other truck on road in same class . and its by far the most comfy with scania levels of visibility .

Dont knock it til u have tried it

Eco roll is a false economy imo, it rolls then drops speed knocks off a few mph but you then use gas to get it back up to maximum set cruise control speed.

Same with the not letting the truck idle. Is the fuel saving greater than the cost of the truck off the road having to have a replacement turbo fitted because you didn’t cool down the turbo after a run

boredwivdrivin:
Muckaway , i promise u there is absolutely no comparison between the Merc and your old Leyland .

The Merc is probably designed by a MTBer , it rewards a smooth anticipation style of driving utilising momentum .

You can travel for literally miles with engine in eco mode (off) , and stonking masses of torque are on tap the instant you need it .

There is no other truck on road in same class . and its by far the most comfy with scania levels of visibility .

Dont knock it til u have tried it

I have to agree with you there boerdwivdrivin. In the past week where I have been trying to follow the eco support tips, one thing I will say that being extra gentle with the loud pedal seems to be the way forward for me. In a strange way, it feels like it pulls better with gentle throttle application. Also makes the gearbox perform a hell of a lot better too. It’s just far better performing truck when driven gently.

Someone mentioned earlier about asking to be shown how to drive it properly by merc. I think I will be putting that question to the TM when I see her. I think there is a whole lot more to be learned about these mercs by being shown someone who knows, rather than trying to figure things out for myself.

Driver training used to be included in fleetboard costs . in our place merc only trained a couple of drivers at their HQ , and they had to train us mob .

Would be better if u could directly select eco roll , but u cant . if you above 30mph you need to use CC to accelerate . then when you press CC off it will select eco roll .

Try to only use engine braking to slow/stop . its not burning any fuel when on , even tho revs are up . Takes forward planning , but after a while you will not use any brakes except in slow traffic .

On A303 have been over 3 miles with out using any fuel . sure am not doing 52 all time , but its a smooth relaxed way to drive .

Bristol to Falmouth at over 40ton returns almost 11 mpg av trip . its not much better coming back lighter with only mt’s , as you can roll for miles down hill and almost up the next when loaded .

From your figures u not doing a lot wrong , but practise will make even perfecter ! .plonkers who on other thread were moaning about gearbox are just driving very badly .

Is Fleetboard an optional extra? We’re getting quotes for a new motor and a dealer near us sells Mercs MANs and Dafs. Hoping we don’t get a Merc Ewoks or whatever the tipper is called, it’s a horrid looking thing and the gearbox is crap. Apparently you can’t get a manual either. Hoping for a Daf, I’d be happy with an auto in that, but I’d turn off the driver annoyance function.

The first thing I do in an Actros is turn the eco roll off :smiling_imp:

cupidstunt:

Trouble with that, is that on the new Actros you need to go into the menu using the steering wheel buttons to turn eco roll off. Then every time you start the engine up after a stop, eco roll defaults back to on again.

The “Harsh Braking” can be set as “high” as over -10 m/s/s meaning that pulling up at the traffic lights with cages on the back will probably trip it, if it’s the slightest bit snatching on the brakes.

Personally, I would rate a driver’s actions at the wheel as “Good score” if they do zero impacts per 1000km travelled - nothing else seems important somehow.

If one is constantly trying to “coast” or “fly by wire” by avoiding using the pedals, etc. then that makes one in my mind MORE likely to have a low-speed inpact as one is constantly distracted by the wrong thing in the cab all the time. :bulb:

Winseer:
If one is constantly trying to “coast” or “fly by wire” by avoiding using the pedals, etc. then that makes one in my mind MORE likely to have a low-speed inpact as one is constantly distracted by the wrong thing in the cab all the time. :bulb:

This.
You might aswell have your tablet on the dashboard and watch some tat on ebay you’re after.
These harsh braking things don’t allow for Dopey Doris reversing her car out of a drive onto a main road, or Mr Foreignski wandering the white line because he’s looking at a map, as I had yesterday.

damoq:

cupidstunt:

Trouble with that, is that on the new Actros you need to go into the menu using the steering wheel buttons to turn eco roll off. Then every time you start the engine up after a stop, eco roll defaults back to on again.

I love eco roll I find it quiet and relaxing when it’s trundling along on tickover.