Flat bed into London [ = Which Sat-Nav?]

So I should be ok height wise ( never seen anything of any height on one ) ,so it’s just finding my way round ,got a truckers map,old sat nav u/s since I tried too down load new maps but didn’t work ,so what would the best sat- nav too find my way round without disaster happening ,my phone is a old ,just ring text ,no maps ,so my girls got a Samsung Galaxy s something ,would that be a good one for maps ,or is there better out there .
any other sugestions ,I don’t want to make headline news ta :frowning:

There are lots of height restrictions in London, not to mention weight and width. Having a sat-nav in London only really gives you a route. Lots of times I’ve found my so called “truck friendly” route has been scuppered thanks to a new width restriction. Best find out where you are going and use Google maps street view to look for the signs.

Just use Desypete - he’s out of a job and knows everywhere by heart. Probably be cheaper than a sat nav too

A good london a-z is your primary purchase, then consider a truck friendly (if there is such a thing) sat nav, I use Garmin dezl but tom toms get good reviews on here. Be carefull though as thd sat navs try and avoid the lorry ban roads even when they can be used between 7am and 9pm.

a-z is by far the best for this but you will need to be a proper driver to get the best from it… :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
A good london a-z is your primary purchase, then consider a truck friendly (if there is such a thing) sat nav, I use Garmin dezl but tom toms get good reviews on here. Be carefull though as thd sat navs try and avoid the lorry ban roads even when they can be used between 7am and 9pm.

a-z is by far the best for this but you will need to be a proper driver to get the best from it… :wink:

Spot on there dave that’s what I always used.Mind you when I retired there were no sat navs :smiley:
regards dave.

My favourite piece of " kit " was a delivery note with the address on. :wink:
Regards. John.

old 67:
Regards. John.

Preferably one with the “correct” address on… :smiley:

shirts:

old 67:
Regards. John.

Preferably one with the “correct” address on… :smiley:

Nah…that just used to make the job boring :slight_smile: :wink:

Stick to an A-Z, sat navs are useless inside the M25!!!

dozy:
So I should be ok height wise ( never seen anything of any height on one ) ,so it’s just finding my way round ,got a truckers map,old sat nav u/s since I tried too down load new maps but didn’t work ,so what would the best sat- nav too find my way round without disaster happening ,my phone is a old ,just ring text ,no maps ,so my girls got a Samsung Galaxy s something ,would that be a good one for maps ,or is there better out there .

Any recent HGV sat-nav will do the job - make sure it’s updated and that you’ve put the cab height (if it’s lower than the load height - it might not be) into the vehicle settings.

Claretmac:

Wrong,I do a lot inside the M25 and all areas of London including central,can’t go wrong with a snooper and a bit of commonsense,thank you.

dozy:
I don’t want to make headline news ta :frowning:

I’m looking forward to the debrief thread already :smiley:

bobbya:

Claretmac:

Wrong,I do a lot inside the M25 and all areas of London including central,can’t go wrong with a snooper and a bit of commonsense,thank you.

Sat navs go mad right in the city.

a-z master atlas
adjustable spanners ok but sometimes you
need a ring ratchet

Seany:

bobbya:

Claretmac:

Sat navs go mad right in the city.

Mine lost the plot in Hammersmith Broadway. Not that bothered because I totally wanted to go through Wimbledon to get to Kingston… :unamused:

Try one of those cheap ones off ebay a lot of lads at our place use them and don’t get any problems I’ve got one there ok for £65 get the one thats registered in lancaster hes pretty helpful if you have any problems chris his name well recommended

James the cat:

dozy:
I don’t want to make headline news ta :frowning:

I’m looking forward to the debrief thread already :smiley:

Have you jacked the Green Death in doze? or are you on that WS outfit with the flats.
Don’t go and ■■■■ it up for yourself and the other drivers this time, and watch out for those parked vans in tight spots. :smiley:
Best of luck with it anyway bud.

dozy:

Dozy Driver Arrested, He was found to be driving without his Tachograph Card inserted, he was approacing a low bridge and fortunately realised before it was too late. The driver did a U-Turn and hit a 1000 year old building, the driver blamed parked cars for him hitting the building…

Ohh I can’t wait :smiley:

F-reds:
Just use Desypete - he’s out of a job and knows everywhere by heart. Probably be cheaper than a sat nav too

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

seth 70:

F-reds:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I couldn’t put up with the constant “in the old days” :unamused: