Flat bed into London [ = Which Sat-Nav?]

You can buy a London truck map book I think from TFL… It givers you all the roads in central London what a Philllips or AA truckers atlas doesn’t cover with bridge heights and width and length restrictions.

I consider my self ok in London. Most of it.

It is rigged with restrictions. For a total novice Truck satnav would do, but its not perfect. Councils makes changes every day (seems that way). With restrictions are most common. 80% roads are forbidden to 7.5 or over. Staying on main roads is yer best bet. Not fastest but safest. some bridges cant take heavy trucks. Traffic is ■■■■■■■■ .

Same ■■■■, another day.

My advise: plan your road in advance and stick to it.

F-reds:
Just use Desypete - he’s out of a job and knows everywhere by heart. Probably be cheaper than a sat nav too

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
He’ll be able to give you golden nuggets of advice from his time working 28 hours a day,9 days a week back in the good old days. But he’ll probably be too busy calling you a moron for getting a cpc and insulting you for having the audacity to use an aid that is available to help you and make your job easier

Radar19:

Seany:

bobbya:

Claretmac:
Stick to an A-Z, sat navs are useless inside the M25!!!

Wrong,I do a lot inside the M25 and all areas of London including central,can’t go wrong with a snooper and a bit of commonsense,thank you.

Sat navs go mad right in the city.

Mine lost the plot in Hammersmith Broadway. Not that bothered because I totally wanted to go through Wimbledon to get to Kingston… :unamused:

Mine had a mental break down in Tottenham not so long ago!! Wanted me to through a width restriction rather than “re-calculating” and taking me in the other way!!! Nearly threw it out the window!!! :unamused: needless to say I promptly bought a London A-Z after that!! :slight_smile:

If it looks a bit dodgy then ring up the delivery address and ask if they have a preferred route to use

Last time I used a ■■■■ nav in Rome the road I had to go into was called walkway . needless to say the hotel got a phone call .

Thanks for all the advice ,much apprieciated ,ta

robroy:

James the cat:

dozy:
I don’t want to make headline news ta :frowning:

I’m looking forward to the debrief thread already :smiley:

Have you jacked the Green Death in doze? or are you on that WS outfit with the flats.
Don’t go and [zb] it up for yourself and the other drivers this time, and watch out for those parked vans in tight spots. :smiley:
Best of luck with it anyway bud.

No .asked for redundancy but in the end they said not a option ,if you wouldn’t do new work ( flats ) ,you would have too leave ,they looked into work and said it was suitable for me ( since found out other work comming in but I’m not bosses pet so have too go on flats ,tramping .
As for if its esl,ws ,not sure told me won’t have too change contract ( think esl/ws t&c are different ) ,so I assumed it was esl ,but having too do training at ws places ,I guess when and if the new truck tri arrive and what raps on it will answer that one .
Tramping mate so theres not any point in rushing ,bar fri :wink: ,then it’s flat too the floor boards and get the zb out the way :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

dozy:
,bar fri :wink: ,then it’s flat too the floor boards and get the zb out the way :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Going off your previous blogs, I’d hazard a guess the above advice would apply well to any motorist/structure/living entity, within your vicinity, Sat-Sun :laughing:

Good luck with it. I look forward to more motoring tales.

Big print a-z and the large hardback one as that covers the outer suburbs. Keep your eyes open for signs too.
sat nav is fine in the suburbs but get around the west end and city and they can’t keep up.

kr79:
A Big print DOPEYNAV should do the job.

FTFY :smiley:

Snooper refuses to route m25 too croyden last week in o e of our trucks mine was fine 1-0 to aponia though I do prefer copilot truck