Flashing lights at traffic lights

Was on that yoof station radio 1 the other day, people still believe that flashing lights at traffic lights makes them change :laughing: :laughing:

A couple of the agency drivers I have had with me over the last few months believed it. They flashed at the two sets of lights we encounter as we turn round at M6 J28 and told me it makes them change.

I just laughed at them and called them names. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope
Perminant lights normally use electro-magnetic inductance
Tempory lights use radar waves witch are a much longer wave length then visable light
so no flashing headlights won’t help

Coffeeholic:
A couple of the agency drivers I have had with me over the last few months believed it. They flashed at the two sets of lights we encounter as we turn round at M6 J28 and told me it makes them change.

I just laughed at them and called them names. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I would expect that from you :laughing:

I believe it, but then I also believe that when you are summoning a lift, the more times you push the button, the quicker the lift comes.

Ever approached a pelican crossing that has a matchstick jammed in the “WAIT” button?

Winseer:
Ever approached a pelican crossing that has a matchstick jammed in the “WAIT” button?

I have approached one that changes to red even if there is no pedestrian in sight, i use my advanced driving skills and ignore it.

Temporary traffic lights that are put up at road works change when you wack them above the red light.

A year or so ago I was pulling up to a little r/b close to where I live. It was quite late and the workers were setting up the barriers for the nights work. As I pulled up to the red light one of the lads looked around saw no other cars waiting and smacked the top and it instantly changed to green lol.

Winseer:

A regular occurrence at this crossing I used to pass on my way to work.

I think it must have been a local trying to slow traffic down.

A mate of mine used to think cats eyes were activated by your vehicle and switched off
after you had gone. :laughing:

bubsy06:

Winseer:

I have approached one that changes to red even if there is no pedestrian in sight, i use my advanced driving skills and ignore it.

…Just make sure you don’t run over the horizontal ■■■■■■■■ lying across the road…

There are some traffic light who react by Flashing with head Light,other react on Sound (Horn) and newer have a Sensor.We have here one which gets switched by the Bus when they approach the Entrance to the Bus Station.

oatcake1967:
A mate of mine used to think cats eyes were activated by your vehicle and switched off

Maybe it will come to be:

astucia.co.uk/footer/video

We have them fitted on posts,as you cant see them on the Surface by Snow :wink:

When I read the title I thought at last sense had prevailed and they were starting to use flashing amber (as give way) on both approaches at quiet junctions at night.

Harry Monk:
I believe it, but then I also believe that when you are summoning a lift, the more times you push the button, the quicker the lift comes.

Our lift likes to visit random floors when called from mine. One of the lift engineers said it was a glitch. Same lift likes to randomly visit floors at night. CCTV in lift proves no use…

Immigrant:
We have them fitted on posts,as you cant see them on the Surface by Snow :wink:

Yes but you have no entry signs on motorway slip roads :wink:

But you have Eyes to see them anywhy.Or did ya miss one? :grimacing:
We have the Law build from the other Site. :sunglasses:
It means:Here is the Road! If you cant find a Way using it dont use it!
We also have much more other Things,i cant bring all here now.But it works.
You just need a few Weeks longer to learn all for getting a Driver License.So you have Time to get it.But i never sah one who had a Problem with it.
I will say the British Version is the one which doesnt do well.Just ask around where which Colour on which Stud and you dont find that many who knows.
We have it easier.they are White or red :-!

oatcake1967:

They have started installing LED cats eyes in the road now which stay lit all the time, helpful for the car drivers who drive around with no lights on when its dark :laughing:

bubsy06:

oatcake1967:

They have started installing LED cats eyes in the road now which stay lit all the time, helpful for the car drivers who drive around with no lights on when its dark :laughing:

He told me his cats eye theory about 25 years ago though,we were driving to leek at the
time so I told him to turn his lights off for a second.

You could almost hear the gears grinding in his head as he tried to compute this
startling revelation. :laughing: