Flashers

I just read a thread on here (quite funny really) about presents for tipper blokes. In it was discussed flashing headlights ect, now, I rarely flash anybody in, unless conditions are real bad, and people flashing me in irritates the ■■■■ out of me too. So, I thought to do a poll!

Mal.

very disapointed i thought it was about somthing else (note to self must get mind out of gutter) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Can i ask why people flashing you in irritates you?
I flash every driver in, and i like to be flashed in.
One good reason is this, as a new driver, not so much now, but when i started driving artics 6 months ago, it takes a good while getting used to the size and length of the vehicle, it can be quite daunting, so next time a driver passes you, just remember that it could be a new driver behind the wheel, and lets be honest how much can it hurt to flash the lights to let him/her know they are clear?

I do it if they’re creeping by…there’s no point flashing the ones steaming past quicker than you can move your hand. :open_mouth:

That said, I only flash people in if I want them to come in…so if you come past me and appear to get ignored, it’s because you’re cutting in too close…another few feet and I’d have happily obliged! :wink:

Well, thats easy to answer Chris, they dont wait long enough. Im the captain of my ship I’ll decide when to pull back in, not some other geezer, and I dont like being too close, behind, or in front, and 90% of them flash me way before I want to pull in. And the other way round vice-versa, by the time id flash most of them, theyre in already, see what I mean? I dont remember getting flashed by all and sundry when I first started and we had crap mirrors then too, but then again, I dont have a great memory.

Mal.

Always. Been flashed in another way by f/m starkers from the waist up m5 northbound… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: nite trunk… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I voted sometimes and for exactly the same reasons as you Mal. It seems to be the more spotlights fitted to a truck the earlier they flash you back in, so early sometimes you would likely remove their lights if you complied.

It seems to be the more spotlights fitted to a truck the earlier they flash you back in, so early sometimes you would likely remove their lights if you complied.

LMAO! exactly

Mal.

Can i ask why people flashing you in irritates you?
I flash every driver in, and i like to be flashed in.
One good reason is this, as a new driver, not so much now, but when i started driving artics 6 months ago, it takes a good while getting used to the size and length of the vehicle, it can be quite daunting, so next time a driver passes you, just remember that it could be a new driver behind the wheel, and lets be honest how much can it hurt to flash the lights to let him/her know they are clear?

I can only agree with you Gurner :smiley:

I think a new driver, showing caution, would be more likely to leave a decent gap before wanting to come back in and therefore give you a chance to give them a flash. It’s the ones tearing about that are in before you get a chance to flash.

Another thing Neil, all of us have been new drivers, and some were driving motors that had mirrors what would be found hanging in a budgie cage! LOL!

Mal.

I do agree 100% with them cutting in way to soon, i find if you leave it and dont flash them in until you want them in, then as you said, they are in already so you get a nice view of nothing but the back of a trailer. :open_mouth:

Yeah, its the way it is Chris, always was as long as I remember. I think Im going to make a sign saying, “do you want me to change bleedin gear for you as well!” :laughing: :laughing:

Mal.

TONY:
Always. Been flashed in another way by f/m starkers from the waist up m5 northbound… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: nite trunk… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Tone, thats a type of flashing I AM interested in, mind you, the downside might be getting the stiff fella and you just cant do nowt with it!! :laughing:

Mal.

That is so close to the edge, my eyes are watering!!! Just be careful how you reply, lads…L. :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
could be painful especially if your on a long run and tight on time relief mite have to wait a while if you get my meaning thats as close as im going :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Both hands on the wheel at all times Alix. :smiley:

(That’s a close as I’m going to the edge Lucy) :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :unamused:

If weather conditions are poor its makes for a safer manoeuvre and good practice to flash in an overtaker when it is safe to do so. I consider it more important for vehicles being overtaken to back off slightly allowing a gap to be created rather than keeping the boot down and leaving said overtaking v ehicle in the 2nd lane for 2 or 3 miles.
I also find it extremely arrogant and annoying where you move across a lane to allow another heavy to join he then steams up and undertakes .
Is it not also surprising the number of road users who seem to take the view heavy’s must give way to them when they are joining a motorway and who seem to get annoyed when you dont move over for them.

i dont mind flashing or being flashed at :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
but it does annoy me that the majority cut in way too early!
also it bugs me when i get flashed, but only for a mili-second, blink and you miss it.

paul

geezer466:
I also find it extremely arrogant and annoying where you move across a lane to allow another heavy to join he then steams up and undertakes.

Don’t get me started on those who undertake after my little encounter with one last Sunday night, the auto censor might melt. Full story here. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :open_mouth: :angry:

What gets my goat is when you flash someone in,and they don’t acknowledge you,but as for flashing people in,I tend to do it for every HGV except 7.5 tonners,because by the time you do,their a mile up the road anyhow due to warp factor 9 speed.

Ken.