First solo run tomorow

ok so it’s only a 7.5t but it’s a step up from the ■■■■■■ pickup :wink:

anyways, all loaded up so I took it back across the yard and I have to say - I hate the horrible bag of eh-hem lol

still, things are looking promising on the job front so the practice with the tacho’s gotta count for something!

See you in the morning (5:30 on, southbound A1 - A14 to milton cambs. in an S reg volvo. :laughing:

Stay alert, relax and enjoy yourself - it is easier that way :smiley:
Keep a look out for that sneaky motorcycle that is hiding right behind you out of mirror view 90% of the time :exclamation: :exclamation:

As Rog Says - Keep a check on your mirrors.
Mirrors before signalling
Mirrors before changing gear
Mirrors before sneezing :laughing:
Remember with all trucks that you have very little in front of you but a hell of a lot behind you so mirro rviews are rather more important than windscreen views in a lot of ways.
Enjoy.

lol, no worries, I do quite a bit of driving in london so I’m used to keeping an eye on the mirrors - cyclists and motorcyclists seem to have a deathwish round there!!

Anyway, I enjoyed the run BUT; I got moaned at for taking a long time which seemed a bit unfair - the boss was at the site when I got there and I got “it only took me two hours!” Not mentioning that he was in a car :imp:

Anyway, I really should’ve asked before but what’re the speed limits for 7.5t? I’m sure I saw on the theory test that it’s 55mph on dual’s (which I did) but I’ve been told 60 and 70 today!!? Was unsure with other roads so just stuck to the limits for larger vehicles.

The only other question is, I took a break after 4h20m was that right? and do you count the next 4.5hours from the end of the break (45m)?

7.5t = 60 mph on dual carriageways.

positive? And what about other roads?

darkseeker:
positive? And what about other roads?

direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr … /DG_070304

The table of limits is halfway down.

Thankyou very much, wasn’t meant to be questioning you or being funny or anything, just wanted to be sure :wink:

Am I right about breaks?

darkseeker:
Thankyou very much, wasn’t meant to be questioning you or being funny or anything, just wanted to be sure :wink:

Am I right about breaks?

Nothing wrong with wanting to be sure so no offence taken :slight_smile:

Can’t see anything wrong with the breaks either, the next driving period does start from the end of the 45m break.

If you are not sure which speed limit - stick to the lower one

darkseeker:
The only other question is, I took a break after 4h20m was that right? and do you count the next 4.5hours from the end of the break (45m)?

Yes mate, on the face of it, that was OK. (don’t forget the WTD of course…you have to have a 30min break after 6 hours at work, so if you start at 07:00hrs, you’ll need to have a break of at least 30 mins by 13:00hrs regardless of how much driving you’ve done)

Very generally…you can drive 9 hours per shift, you must have a break of at least 45 mins after 4.5 hours of driving. You can do that by driving for 4.5 hrs then having your 45 mins (but you’ll be lucky to find a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ after exactly 4.5hrs :wink: ) OR you can split it into a 15 min break and a 30 min break WITHIN the 4.5hrs driving (as long as the last one is 30mins or more!) e.g. 3hrs drive
17mins break
1hr 15mins drive
30 mins break

now you have a fresh 4.5 hrs to drive the truck! (your 30 min break will also count for the WTD, you don’t need to have a seperate break for that one). Complicated enough so far Question Mark 3

Obviously, there’s rather more to it than that as a whole, but it’ll get you started without falling foul of it!

Hope that helped. :smiley:

ROG:
If you are not sure which speed limit - stick to the lower one

Just do not get in front of my learners that know the speed limits.

We like to make progress where possible

All part of the training

Read the Highway code do not just learn the theory questions.

By not driving as per the highway code you could fail your test.

So do not think by passing the Theory test you have no problems in the highway code part of the Test. By not conforming to the highway code you may fail the test.

Trivia Question Time

You are approaching a yellow box junction what is the rule when going left / ahead / and right ?

Trivia Question Time

You are approaching a yellow box junction what is the rule when going left / ahead / and right ?

Can I play :question: :question:

Go on then…I’ll stick my neck out and have a go…

Don’t enter the yellow box unless you can get the whole vehicle clear of it on the other side (for going left and straight on). You can only wait in it if you’re turning right and you’re impeded by oncoming traffic (your way to the right also has to be clear).

Any good? or should I hang up my mesh backed driving gloves? :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:

Trivia Question Time

Can I play :question: :question:

Of course you can but consider the answer you give carefully.

Shrek beat me to it - same answer as his - if I got this wrong I shall hang my head in shame at the advanced drivers meeting tonight :exclamation:

Anyway, I really should’ve asked before but what’re the speed limits for 7.5t?

As I have said many times … Buy the Highway Code and READ it.

all your questions will be answers with a flick of the page. :smiley:

Shrek:
Go on then…I’ll stick my neck out and have a go…

Don’t enter the yellow box unless you can get the whole vehicle clear of it on the other side (for going left and straight on). You can only wait in it if you’re turning right and you’re impeded by oncoming traffic (your way to the right also has to be clear).

Any good? or should I hang up my mesh backed driving gloves? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wtg Shrek …Your a winner … No prize tho sorry

The part that most forget >> if you’re turning right and you’re impeded by oncoming traffic (your way to the right also has to be clear).

Winners

Woohoo 2

Waddaya mean “No Prize” Question Mark 3

yeah, you are of course all right. I honestly didn’t think about it until I’d set off :laughing: [zb], I knew I was gonna check something!

Anyway, probably a bit of a rude awakening for me (i’m sure this’ll be a constant problem) the arse lickers and people happy to be bullied into going over the limit spoil it for the rest of us - “if he can get there in 2.5 hours, why can’t you”

Not that I’m getting on my high hourse about it or anything, I’m sure we all speed from time to time. My way of thinking is though, if I’m going to risk my license it’s my choice, not the big nosed to55er sat behind his desk all day long! :imp:

if you have to use stars, you know it;s not allowed :wink: …Denis F