First solo run tomorow

26 years an Lgv Trainer:

ROG:
If you are not sure which speed limit - stick to the lower one

Just do not get in front of my learners that know the speed limits.

We like to make progress where possible

All part of the training

Read the Highway code do not just learn the theory questions.

By not driving as per the highway code you could fail your test.

So do not think by passing the Theory test you have no problems in the highway code part of the Test. By not conforming to the highway code you may fail the test.

Trivia Question Time

You are approaching a yellow box junction what is the rule when going left / ahead / and right ?

eh up, wasn’t asking in a training sense - don’t forget it’s New and wannabe drivers in here :laughing:

You’re right in a sense, I didn’t bother to learn the limits for 7.5t as I didn’t intend to be driving them - I’ve ended up doing so as work’s got one, only until I get my c+e (less than a week hopefuly). In hindsight, I should learn all aspects of the job as I could end up driving nearly anything so it was a little arrogant of me not to - but I was more interested in getting through my theory than learning it all, I will though - no harm done.

Shrek wrote:-
Don’t enter the yellow box unless you can get the whole vehicle clear of it on the other side (for going left and straight on). You can only wait in it if you’re turning right and you’re impeded by oncoming traffic (your way to the right also has to be clear).

Ever been waiting to make a right turn when your clear exit was then blocked by oncoming traffic turning left?

Don’t you just hate it when that happens! Whats more you pray Red Kens not just passing by - :smiley:

Smart Mart:

Don’t enter the yellow box unless you can get the whole vehicle clear of it on the other side (for going left and straight on). You can only wait in it if you’re turning right and you’re impeded by oncoming traffic (your way to the right also has to be clear).

Ever been waiting to make a right turn when your clear exit was then blocked by oncoming traffic turning left?

And if that happens, what should the lorry driver, who is now blocking the junction because the lights are changing and still cannot turn right, do next :question: :question:

Instructors please hold back on an answer for a while :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Shrek:

darkseeker:
The only other question is, I took a break after 4h20m was that right? and do you count the next 4.5hours from the end of the break (45m)?

Yes mate, on the face of it, that was OK. (don’t forget the WTD of course…you have to have a 30min break after 6 hours at work, so if you start at 07:00hrs, you’ll need to have a break of at least 30 mins by 13:00hrs regardless of how much driving you’ve done)

Sorry but that’s wrong :open_mouth:

To comply with the WTD regulations, you should not work more than 6 hours before having a break of no less than 15 minutes.

ROG:

Smart Mart:

And if that happens, what should the lorry driver, who is now blocking the junction because the lights are changing and still cannot turn right, do next :question: :question:

Instructors please hold back on an answer for a while :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

stay put? surely there’s little else you could do?? and would I be right in thinking you’d complete the manouver when the traffic cleared even if the lights had turned red (you’re already in the box AND in the way) as long as it was safe to do so?

darkseeker:

ROG:

Smart Mart:

stay put? surely there’s little else you could do?? and would I be right in thinking you’d complete the manouver when the traffic cleared even if the lights had turned red (you’re already in the box AND in the way) as long as it was safe to do so?

Assuming that you are now blocking the traffic from your right who could proceed if you were not in the way, what would you do :question: :question:

good question! lol, having trouble picturing the situation. I still say stay put or if it’s safe to make the turn, do so no matter what the lights say (you’re already in the box, and presumably in the way of at least some of the traffic)

go on then Rog, put me straight, you’ve got me wondering now!

darkseeker:
good question! lol, having trouble picturing the situation. I still say stay put or if it’s safe to make the turn, do so no matter what the lights say (you’re already in the box, and presumably in the way of at least some of the traffic)

go on then Rog, put me straight, you’ve got me wondering now!

What other option (if no restriction of any kind - weight limit/low bridge) do you have :question: :question:

I’d assume reversing’s not an option, you could check you’re safe to (n/s mirror etc) and go straight on when the lights were green and correct your route from there. I’m guessing now though :blush:

darkseeker:
I’d assume reversing’s not an option, you could check you’re safe to (n/s mirror etc) and go straight on when the lights were green and correct your route from there. I’m guessing now though :blush:

WELL DONE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: you got it. :exclamation:
It has already gone over the STOP line so you are now in a GIVE WAY situation.
You are blocking the whole juction and especially the traffic that could go from your right to your left if you were not there,
You cannot turn right out of the box junction because there is stil no room to do so.
Your possible route ahead is ok for you to use.
Like you say

you could check you’re safe to (n/s mirror etc) and go straight on

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and correct your route from there

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m guessing now though

Don’t guess - just consider the options available :exclamation: :exclamation:

lol, fair enough.

I didn’t know the route to the right was still blocked though :unamused: