First night out help please

im travelling up to edinburgh tomorrow morning and have to make my way back down after dropping off to knowsley near st helens i am told i will make it back down as far as carlisle can any recomend any where to park up for the night for some nice food and a good sleep :smiley: . only been working for a week on days and its my first night out :confused:

tebay truckstop is good if not then try a few on a74.
have a good book or laptop for entertainment .
dont forget shower stuff including flipflops if poss.
and sandwiches for backup incase you dont find anywhere,
just enjoy the experiance
dont buy to much stuff if its only going to be now and then
you will learn each time what you miss :smiley: :smiley:
good luck and make sure cab doors are locked

im doing it in a class 2 have my class 1 next week then hope to be doing it regular :smiley: got my tv on my sat nav a laptop and a nice new sleeping bag :smiley:

where is teabay truck stop any help to put it in my sat nav would be good

There’s a Truckstop at Carlisle, was OK a few years ago when I last used it, don’t know now things change. Find somewhere like that don’t park in a bloody layby on your own.

I would suggest Lockerbie lorry park. Come off at junction 16 signed johnstone bridge, down slip road, right at roundabout then left at the end. Lorry park is signposted from slip road anyway and there is also a sign just before you get there (park is on left), about 1.5 miles from J16.

Lockerbie - 24 hour cafe (very nice), showers and bar. £13.00 with I think a £5 meal voucher…one of my most preferred spots :smiley:

danj:

qype.co.uk/place/355208-Teba … es-Penrith
hope that helps

danj:

Heading south on M6 come off on Junction 38 its the one after the services follow slip road to the roundabout turn left Tebay is on the left. Its £8.00 to park with a shower token and £2.50 off the price of your meal.Highly recommend I was there Tuesday.

thankyou :smiley:

Junction 42 M6…Golden Fleece Services although ive never stopped there overnight I think the cafe shuts early others will be able to tell you.

Junction 40 M6…if you get this far down theres 2 places on the industrial estate.

follow signs from roundabaout for lorry parking to the first one. Penrith Truckstop but if you want a decent meal, quiet parking , free shower …
carry on past Penrith Truckstop to end of road(T-junc)
turn Right then Left (onto Gilwilly Ind.Est)
then take the left fork
100yards on right is DOUGS DINER.
£10 parking including I think £4 voucher.
Dont have the Mixed Grill unless you’re very very hungry.

ps keep this one to yourself or everyone will be in there :smiley:

altitude:
There’s a Truckstop at Carlisle, was OK a few years ago when I last used it, don’t know now things change. Find somewhere like that don’t park in a bloody layby on your own.

There must be two truckstops in Carlisle because the old BP or Nightowl opened as a craphole and has gone down hill ever since in my opinion. Apart from the raising barrier I would never class it as secure

if you dont make tebay head for lockerbie you can’t miss it next to the big wood mill on your left.

am sure there is a truckstop near jct44 m6 it has a barrier thingy ive been there twice i just carnt remember if is defo jct44 other peeps may no, also if you have a little play about with your sat nav it may have lists of truckstops cos am sure you mentioned you have a truck nav, i no my car sat nav has the option for roadside services so surely a truck nav will, dont take to much gear with you but do take a decent pillow makes all the difference, so park up, wash up, lock doors, close curtains, brew up put your pj’s on, tv on and kick back with a wee smile on your face, and dont forget to set your alarm!!

I must agree with the general cosensus, Lockerbie or Tebay, both excellent, but be warned after them most others will appear total [zb]

Rick B:
I would suggest Lockerbie lorry park. Come off at junction 16 signed johnstone bridge, down slip road, right at roundabout then left at the end. Lorry park is signposted from slip road anyway and there is also a sign just before you get there (park is on left), about 1.5 miles from J16.

Lockerbie - 24 hour cafe (very nice), showers and bar. £13.00 with I think a £5 meal voucher…one of my most preferred spots :smiley:

Massive thumbs up for me.

I have told one or two friends about this place, and indeed, a friend of mine stopped there last week for the first time, and rated it highly.

Remember.

Use it or lose it.

Ken.

avoid junction 40 truckstop, parcelforce changeovers happen there every night and they aint exactly the quietest bunch

lockerbie or tebay are your best bets

i prefer lockerbie, food is top notch, showers are good (could be a bit bigger, or infact i could loose some weight LOL), the staff are friendly and , there is acres of space to park. nd at 13 quid it’s better then 20 or so to stay in a zb hole of an msa! As ken said use it or lose it.

danj:
im travelling up to edinburgh tomorrow morning and have to make my way back down after dropping off to knowsley near st helens i am told i will make it back down as far as carlisle can any recomend any where to park up for the night for some nice food and a good sleep :smiley: . only been working for a week on days and its my first night out :confused:

Well how did it go, did you like it and did you have the right stuff with you… go on spill the beans :laughing:

thats if he made it :laughing: :laughing:

Tebay is the best services in the country but you might be pushing it to get back that far. It’s fairly unused by trucks so is reasonably quiet at night although you do get the odd changeover going on and the odd chap who won’t knock his fridge off when 45’ing or park down the way a bit. Used to push a ten just to get to Tebay when I did Scotch. If you have a fridge in the truck you can stock up on loads of nice meat and scrumptious things in the farm shop. Think they stop serving in the restaurant at ten pm although there is a coffee & sandwich bar open all night I think. It’s about a tenner to park which is reasonable as most MSA’s are about £20 nowadays. Tebay is accessed directly from the motorway so you can’t miss it.