First night out help please

Lockerbie - 24 hour cafe (very nice), showers and bar. £13.00 with I think a £5 meal voucher…one of my most preferred spots :smiley:

13 pounds just to park up for the night :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i must have been out of the uk too long now :open_mouth: never paid that much very shocked :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Hodgy67:
i must have been out of the uk too long now :open_mouth: never paid that much very shocked :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

You have been away too long Hodgy Amigo. :laughing: :laughing: You lucky man.

It is not uncommon now to be charged £20 to park, and NO meal voucher. :frowning: :frowning:

Oh, and possibly get your Diesel/Load nicked while you are kipping in your Non-Secure parking Area. :angry:

PLUS. We,ve still got Gordon Brown to contend with. :angry: :angry: And the Weather :cry: :cry:

Silver_Surfer:
Tebay is the best services in the country but you might be pushing it to get back that far. It’s fairly unused by trucks so is reasonably quiet at night although you do get the odd changeover going on and the odd chap who won’t knock his fridge off when 45’ing or park down the way a bit. Used to push a ten just to get to Tebay when I did Scotch. If you have a fridge in the truck you can stock up on loads of nice meat and scrumptious things in the farm shop. Think they stop serving in the restaurant at ten pm although there is a coffee & sandwich bar open all night I think. It’s about a tenner to park which is reasonable as most MSA’s are about £20 nowadays. Tebay is accessed directly from the motorway so you can’t miss it.

Think you may be confusing Tebay services with Tebay Truck stop

Tebay Truckstop is accessed via Jct 38 M6 (Northbound and Southbound.) It is on the Southbound side of the M6.

Tebay Services are both about 1 mile North of Jct 38 on the Northbound and Southbound side of the M6. That is where the local (and highly priced) produce is for sale. There is a limited amount of parking space for waggons on both of them. Although if I had a high value load on board, that is where I would be parking. They are both compact, well light sites, with a regular flow-through of traffic.

I haven,t seen any reports recently about Curtain Cutters/Diesel Nickers doing their thing at any of the 3 of them, but up to about 1 year ago it used to happen.Especially at the J38Truckstop. Maybe they have tightened up security in that time.
cctv etc.

Just a suggestion, lose the sleeping bag and get yourself a kingsize duvet, it’s easier to wash a duvet cover than a sleeping bag! Take a washing up bowl and water just in case, the bowl is also useful for storage as well.
‘Crazytrucker’

Agree with that. I have used proper sheets, pillowcases and a duvet for about 25 years with an emergency compact sleeping bag roll in the car in case of double manning to collect a new truck etc.

so much easier to launder & keep fresh.

how do you get a mattress cover or a sheet to fit over the bunk?

yes i made it stopped at truckhaven a couple of stops further down as it was closer down sorry for any confusion i left at 3.30 am friday morning had a clear run all the way to stirling with a load for the new hospital. after unloading set off and made it for about 5 pm another clear run had some food it was ok nowt to write home about showers were warm and clean people were friendly. after that was knackered so rolled out the new sleeping bag and pillow and watched a bit of tv then bed for about 8 woke at 6.15 for 1hr 20 min drive to liverpool. then onto s ■■■■ thorpe the sheffield and home for about half 4 was all good and enjoyed it apart from being tired :smiley: