First Driving Job

Hi

been reading up on these forums for a while and sneeking about in the background, decided it was time to post and get myself known.

I passed my Cat C a fortnight ago and registered with YPD just this Tuesday gone .

called them this afternoon to see if they had anything for me this weekend (starting at weekends only to get some experience before i make the jump to full time) and they wanted me to work tomorrow, so i’m off to Nottingham to start at ^am and pick up my wagon and load, then to brum, and sutton coalfield and then back to sunny nottingham.

really looking forward to it.

any advice from you wise and humble souls, anyone got any experience with YPD, good or bad, I’d like to hear.

Thanks for reading guys

Dav

Hi mate

Congrats on your recent pass and you 1st days work. It sounds like your from the Notts area, who did you train with and would you reccomend them.

Jase

Hey Dav,

Well done on your C pass!

How did your first day go?

We all remember the first time we were ‘let loose’ on our own! I’m not ashamed to say I was terrified (but loved it!).

As regards agencies - sign with a 2 or 3 to increase your chances. Just be careful not to p*ss them off by letting them know you’re working for other agys.

Good luck & drive safe…

Cheers for that

first day went well, got there on time, a nice little DAF to drive for the day, well looked after , was given a mobile and derv card, 8 drops and 2 collection …it was great!!! Loved it.

got a little worried when a diversion kept sending me in the opposite direction to what the tomtom said, but it all worked out fine.

Agency ran and at 10:30 they have work for me tomorrow too!!!

By the looks of it they have pleanty of work and are will to give it too me despite my lack of cermerial experience.

heres looking forward to tomorrow!!!

Dav

P.S.

THANK GODFOR SAT NAV (TOMTOM)

I did my training with Peter Smythe Transport Training in Mansfield, and took my test in Sheffield.

as for reccommendation…Hell Yeah.

very professional, and they know thier stuff but down to earth too!, not up themselves as some driving instructori’ve met in the past.

check them out

www.truckdrivertraining.co.uk

0r ring them

01623 620062

Good Luck

Have been working for the Agency (YPD) for two weeks now, and they seem to be finding work for me to do regulary and they paid me right and on time, heres to a good carrer move on my part.

oh, booked my class one for the end of octobertoo, so hopefully i wont pick up to many bad habbits by then.

Congratulations on passing class 2
and good luck with class 1 :smiley:

NJDav:
I did my training with Peter Smythe Transport Training in Mansfield, and took my test in Sheffield.

as for reccommendation…Hell Yeah.

very professional, and they know thier stuff but down to earth too!, not up themselves as some driving instructori’ve met in the past.

check them out

www.truckdrivertraining.co.uk

0r ring them

01623 620062

Good Luck

I passed my test with Peter Smythe and the bloke was excellent. (has he still got the 1617 day cab merc artic?).
I also did my test at sheffield-much friendlier than those arrogant ■■■■ at watnall(nottingham)
Good luck with your class 1

Nah, no more artic at Peter Snythe’s, he has 2 Iveco rigids now and a trailer for wagon and drag (class one)