First day tomorrow!

Well its official! I start my first day of work tomorrow as one of them so called professional drivers :laughing: I start at 16:00 go for a little assessment drive then get given the keys to a wagon heading for Lutterworth! So a nice easy run for my first shift.

So if anyone sees a white knuckled fairly nervous yorkshireman behind the wheel of a black wagon tomorrow chances are its me! So be sure to stay well clear :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Go Jonny go! Good luck dude.

I do laugh at the requirement for a pm assessment drive before going out on a job you’re planned for! I mean are they really gonna drop themselves in it by failing you?

Good luck though whatever.

You’ll be fine!!! Good luck :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanks lads, and moaster I did think about that one and honestly think ill be given keys to a motor and told not to hit anything but I wont know until tomorrow. Originally they wanted me in at 0900 but after consideration for the job aka they need a driver…1600 start for what is to be honest a fairly easy run! So will probably see that as the assessment.

Either way its a start, I’m on the road gaining that valuable experience. I asked if there’s availability to get me sent out Sunday down the road im more than happy with that :slight_smile: But it’ll be good to get behind the wheel granted its only been a month tops but has been too long away for my liking :smiley:

Ah well, diary of tomorrow to follow although cant see it being that exciting but we’ll see.

Cheers

Good luck :slight_smile: where are you going in Lutterworth?

Cheers mate, to be honest I never asked. Will soon find out though,

Cheers

Just be ultra careful. Look and look again. Don’t have your radio or iPod on. Drive like it’s an extended test. Every mile is experience. If your not sure when you get to a drop how to approach a bay or where to unload. Ask someone. Better to look green than get yourself in a sticky situation. If in doubt get out. Nice and slow. Don’t be afraid to shunt. And most important enjoy it.

st bit advice johnny always ask the sneaky dispatch where exactly going when booked in and customer name good luck m8 u be fine :smiley:

Nice one Jonny, I’m well pleased for you :smiley:

As has been said, just take your time, there’s no need to hurry, you’ll get there when you get there. Don’t be afraid to ask for a bit of help if needs be, anyone worth anything will gladly help you if needed.

Do you know what make of vehicle you’ll be driving?? Take some time to familiarise yourself with the switches, lights, indicators, wipers, horn etc etc that you’ll need

Goodluck with it :grimacing:

Thank you, Don’t worry Selby :laughing: I wont be rushing getting there in one piece is the main thing getting there on time comes second :sunglasses:

I’ve got it in my head I’m gonna end up with a merc axor as I know they have other lorries but the majority of the fleet are mercs. I’m hoping it’ll have a manual gearbox but again ive got it in my head itll be the unintelligent gear box on it :imp: If theyre anything like the mercs I have driven its going to be interesting to say the least!

I’ll be sure to get to know the bits and bats for what switches are where etc. I’m proud to say I’ve accomplished my goal in driving a wagon before my 21st birthday. :sunglasses:

Cheers

Well done sir,

Your determination has always shone through!

So pleased you have made your goal.

Nice one buddy,have you got your magic tree[new car scent]ready to hang up. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: arco have got them leather trucker gloves at half price at the minute for that propper professional look :wink: :wink:

congrats mr truckfest just take yer time and youll be fine

Good luck fella, hope you are going to take some photos for your diary, I seem to recall you are pretty good with a camera.

Well done Jonny, I’ve read your posts ever since you joined so I know what a huge achievement this is for you, keep calm, take you time, enjoy yourself!

All the best for tomorrow jonny - don`t allow yourself to get flustered by the many plonkers out there! Nice & calm always prevails!

Nice one Johnny.
Who you on for?
Don’t be so sure about hitting owt.
You’ll hit 30 miles of roadworks and a big queue of traffic all the way down to Lutterworth. Asda?
Enjoy and have fun!

Good luck lad !!

jonnytruckfest:
Cheers mate, to be honest I never asked. Will soon find out though,

Cheers

ASDA Magna Park :wink:
Hunter Boulevard, first roundabout, turn left.
Enjoy.

Three cheers for you fella!