First crash today

I,ve been driving for 15 yrs and had my first crash today,
nobody hurt , but a car was written of and my diesel tank ripped of,

It seems according to whitness,s that i drove through a red light ,
and got shunted in the drivers side by a 30mph car,

Still not sure if this is what happened,
obviously wouldnt drive through a red light intentionally,

The police didnt seem to bothered (nobody hurt)
never breathelised,checked taacho etc…

I was just wondering what happens next ?
do i go to court ?
do i get points ? etc…

cant admit guilt or innocence because to this minute i dont know what happened,
i was just following traffic then bamm!!!

More likely if no-one was hurt and no 3rd party was involved (Property etc etc) and you havent been charged it’ll be a case of “Letting the insurance” companies battle it out between them. You should try to write down what happened so you dont forget, I know after something hapening you can be under shock but try to remember as the insurance companies will nit pick at anything which doesnt add up although it seems already the witnesses have it against you.

it seems already the witnesses have it against you

Thats the trouble it was a asian car in a asian area ,

I thought that since i got shunted in the side , this might help my case ,
as i could have been a stranded motorist or cyclist in the junction ,
and he wouldnt have been able to stop :neutral_face:

Anyway only been with the company 3 weeks so not a good time
to have my first crash :cry:

Accidents happen buddy… Out of interest how many were in the car?? Did the witnesses seem to know the person you allegedly ran into?? Wasn’t that long ago it was reported in the news etc that a lot of gangs, mainly “FOREIGNERS” were going out in car (sheds, hire cars) loads and deliberately flinging themselves in front of lorries etc to make BIG BIG claims etc??

I think by the sounds of it. I wouldn’t worry too much.

If you were going to be prosecuted the police would have cautioned you or at least advised you what to expect, also they never breathalised you neither or signed your tacho.

What a proffesional driver would class as a major mistake on our part (maybe). The police see these events and worse everyday. So as long as no one is injured, be on your way and let the insurance sort it.
The insurance can only claim for damages and personal injury. Did you take any pictures at the scene of the accident, car regestration number and the number of occupants. Third parties have a knack of making up occupants for personal injury claims.

Hi he was on his own ,
but his sons turned up 30 secs later in a nice merc
(i crashed into a t reg corolla)

I took pictures of the car (obvious write off )
but not of occupant ,

They asked for my details but i told them to stick it ,
because i didnt want these idiots phoning my home
and told them to phone work.

I gave the coppers my details ,
like any driver i just wish for certain if i knew what happened.
(which isnt such a good sign admittedly , it would be nice to
know if they were red or green ?
Maybe i was totally at fault ? )

Dont worry about it. I’ve had more accident than I can remember! Just hand all details to office and in my past experience you’ll not hear anything about it again. I would tend to go with saying the lights were green though.

well i,m of to bed now sulking :frowning:
hopefully transport manager will still let me drive for them.

On a lighter note ,
he had just done his shopping ,
and his milk etc…
exploded in the boot.

I looked in and said you might as well bin that
carpet mate, it looks ruined.

Little did i know that was his prayer mat,
till his sons gentle folded it and put it in their boot next to their mats.

Allah will not be happy with me.

Macka Packa:

it seems already the witnesses have it against you

Thats the trouble it was a asian car in a asian area ,

I thought that since i got shunted in the side , this might help my case ,
as i could have been a stranded motorist or cyclist in the junction ,
and he wouldnt have been able to stop :neutral_face:

Anyway only been with the company 3 weeks so not a good time
to have my first crash :cry:

If it’s an Asian car in an Asian area, you can guarantee as many “witnesses” as are required will turn up along with half a dozen injury claims.
Expect trouble.
The good thing is the insurance companies are getting well acquainted with Asians calling wolf.

Bad luck macka just swear on everything that’s holy the light was green even if it was amber the car must have been travelling at speed so he may have jumped the light.

The lights were on green and dont say anything different to your insurance Company regardless how many witnesses there were :wink: :wink: :wink:

If I were you I would write a note of the incident :ie Day Date Time Weather Conditions at the time. Start by saying On approaching the green traffic lights I checked my mirrors eased of the gas looked left and right into the junction it was clear, as I was checking my n/side mirror to see I was clear of the primary T/light when bang someone hit me from my offside.etc

the very fact that the law never got you to blow in the bag goes in your favour, i wouldn’t worry matey these things happen,keep your pecker up. :sunglasses:

Mike has got it right: important to state in accident form that you looked accross the junction as you entered it & it was all clear. This indicates that he must have approached at some speed.

Even if the lights were red, he is still remiss as a green light means “Go if its safe” and the only way to find out if it is safe is to look. He obviously didn’t!

switchlogic:
Dont worry about it. I’ve had more accident than I can remember! Just hand all details to office and in my past experience you’ll not hear anything about it again. I would tend to go with saying the lights were green though.

i too am guessing lights were green!!! especially, in view, of cases of deliberate accidents, with, mysterious witnesses, just too have a claim up.

i had a similar crash at a set of lights when a car with 4 youths hit my front off-side as i was turning right. coppers attended checked everything told all in order then 3 weeks later “invited” to take driver improvement course at £155 and 2 days off work or go to court with charge of dangerous driving. went on course and found a defence that could have gotten me off. anyway, enjoyed learning to drive my car after bumping artic.
first posting. is that ok?

glad to hear no one cried over spilt milk. point him in the direction of carpet wharehouse for a new matt :slight_smile:

alfaman:
i had a similar crash at a set of lights when a car with 4 youths hit my front off-side as i was turning right. coppers attended checked everything told all in order then 3 weeks later “invited” to take driver improvement course at £155 and 2 days off work or go to court with charge of dangerous driving. went on course and found a defence that could have gotten me off. anyway, enjoyed learning to drive my car after bumping artic.
first posting. is that ok?

Yes Alfaman, that’s perfectly ok as a 1st post. Welome to TN :smiley: We’re a pretty friendly bunch on the whole & certainly, collectively, very knowlegeable. Never be ashamed to ask a question here, no matter how long you been doing the job. Oh, & we like picture diaries :smiley:

Hope you learned something from Driver Improvement Course irrespective of whether you consider that incident was your fault or not.

Well it’s good to hear your alright and that, but stick with what you can remember and just say it was green light :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

If you are local to the scene of the collision go back when you have a chance and stand there for 10 minutes and watch the light change sequence, see if there is any short phasing or any other near misses.

Take a few pics of the road layout & signs and write your account of what happened and put it somewhere safe. Remember if any thing comes of this and you end up in either a criminal (unlikely) or civil court it will be many months after the collision and it is easy to forget details over time.

From a few of the points you have made, type of incident, age of car etc there is a good chance that it may not have been such an “accident”.

Your Insurance company have plenty they can do to investigate the circumstances, but like most things it all comes down to money and the likely chance of successfully defending any claim. Often it is cheaper to pay out the other party.
Trouble is we all pay more in the long run.