firm closes

spanishvan:

Silver_Surfer:
Jeepers Creepers… :open_mouth:

Just goes to show most haulage work for your 2% profit margin is a total waste of energy. Doesn’t take much to go wrong to bankrupt a firm if they’re on the industry average.

Saw another diesel thief filling a 25 litre tub on the sly while he was filling his wagon up at the svcs the other day, bet he’d be first to bemoan this cruel world when his firm goes bust and he has no next pay cheque. :unamused:

couple of years ago i was in birmingham saw one of carters of felixstowe filling up jerry cans of derv i rang up the company and reported the driver i bet he got a p45 i got a call from the depot manager the following day to say thanks you dont steal from the company you work for

bit sad if you arsk me you doing that :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

swansea jack:

spanishvan:

Silver_Surfer:

Just goes to show most haulage work for your 2% profit margin is a total waste of energy. Doesn’t take much to go wrong to bankrupt a firm if they’re on the industry average.

Saw another diesel thief filling a 25 litre tub on the sly while he was filling his wagon up at the svcs the other day, bet he’d be first to bemoan this cruel world when his firm goes bust and he has no next pay cheque. :unamused:

couple of years ago i was in birmingham saw one of carters of felixstowe filling up jerry cans of derv i rang up the company and reported the driver i bet he got a p45 i got a call from the depot manager the following day to say thanks you dont steal from the company you work for

bit sad if you arsk me you doing that :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Maybe, but why is a driver nicking diesel from his boss any different to somebody else nicking diesel. It’s still theft, it still knocks the profit out of a job.

A company I worked for had a diesel pump in the yard for his vehicles tis is why I had a petrol car :laughing: :laughing:

Saw a few of there trailers being pulled by different firms this week, especialy E M Rogers…

muckles:

swansea jack:

spanishvan:

Silver_Surfer:

Maybe, but why is a driver nicking diesel from his boss any different to somebody else nicking diesel. It’s still theft, it still knocks the profit out of a job.

I used to fill a container regular at the filling station and put it in the cab. It was for the moffett in case someone had used it and it was low. Now if youd seen me doing that and had rang in id have been v [ZB] off… totally innocent of any wrongdoing

gunnerheskey:
Saw a few of there trailers being pulled by different firms this week, especialy E M Rogers…

Was E.M. Rogers doing traction? Or was there sales side collecting there trailers after buying them!

If its the 1st 1, Lets hope they get paid or thats another 1 down the drain! :unamused:

I must admit although it annoys me, I wouldn’t be bothered phoning the company on any driver I saw filling a can up.

If two drivers applied for a job with me and I couldn’t choose between them but one had a petrol car and one had a diesel car, that would be the decider. Used to be a trusting soul but age breeds cynicism.

Silver_Surfer:
If two drivers applied for a job with me and I couldn’t choose between them but one had a petrol car and one had a diesel car, that would be the decider. Used to be a trusting soul but age breeds cynicism.

. . . and I know a guy who drives a petrol car, and his wife drives a diesel car :unamused: :unamused:

Stan

Hi Silver Surfer.I understand what you mentality is re diesel but is it not possible that people buy diesel cars to try and save themselves money.
As far as i know there are not many companies in the U.K.that pay travelling money,or bosses that let you fill up at the company to help the driver a little.[I may be wrong as i have not lived in the U.K. for a very long time].Please feel free to correct me. :blush:
Up here about 80 percent of drivers cars are diesel,the majority being pickups and other 4x4s.The majority of companies try to help with travelling costs by letting the drivers fill up at the company or on their card.this is paid for by the driver.How is down to private negotiation.
Maybe vat free,maybe deducting some overtime.maybe booking the fuel to a heavy machine or earth mover. :wink:
O.K this is possible up here because people work in a little bit more ‘‘old fashioned’’ way. :grimacing:
However,with this system it engenders a good relationship with employer\employee knowing you are being appreciated,if only a bit.
take care.mike

hutpik:
Hi Silver Surfer.I understand what you mentality is re diesel but is it not possible that people buy diesel cars to try and save themselves money.
As far as i know there are not many companies in the U.K.that pay travelling money,or bosses that let you fill up at the company to help the driver a little.[I may be wrong as i have not lived in the U.K. for a very long time].Please feel free to correct me. :blush:
Up here about 80 percent of drivers cars are diesel,the majority being pickups and other 4x4s.The majority of companies try to help with travelling costs by letting the drivers fill up at the company or on their card.this is paid for by the driver.How is down to private negotiation.
Maybe vat free,maybe deducting some overtime.maybe booking the fuel to a heavy machine or earth mover. :wink:
O.K this is possible up here because people work in a little bit more ‘‘old fashioned’’ way. :grimacing:
However,with this system it engenders a good relationship with employer\employee knowing you are being appreciated,if only a bit.
take care.mike

The problem with that type of thing in the UK is it leads to a massive tax nightmare, it’s seen as a perk of the job and therefore will be taxed. Saying that I’ve known race team divi out excess race fuel as it can cause problems during scrutineering if an open barrel of fuel gets contaminated. This practice never seemed popular with those who owned Diesel cars. :laughing:

Many years ago I worked as a doorman at a nightclub in cambridge. We had a couple of american air force lads working with us and as an american serviceman in the UK you pay the same price for fuel as they would in the US.
We used to meet them at the services on the A14(I think, the one with the mc donalds space ship), we would fill up our cars and the american lads would take thier fuel card in and the till would convert to what it would be in the US.
Used to save us fortunes! :smiley:

I feel very sorry for all the drivers at kent connection, hope they find work elsewhere.I was told a few weeks ago that kc were very busy with several new contracts etc, wonder what went wrong?

I think this is a case of cut the rate to the bones to get the work and hope it will be ok maybe in the short term it works but as a long term solution its only going to give you the obvious result.

tilerman:
I think this is a case of cut the rate to the bones to get the work and hope it will be ok maybe in the short term it works but as a long term solution its only going to give you the obvious result.

Yep, and now their work will go to somebody else desperate to keep the wheels rolling, and they in turn will go “Pop” a few months down the line.

Then rinse and repeat…

:confused: Kent Connection are advertising on the Jobcentre website for drivers today. :confused:

I can’t find any confirmation of this story on the net, has anybody any evidence to support it?

There is a short bit regarding Kent Connection on Roadtransport.com if that’s what you’re asking Harry.

Harry Monk:
I can’t find any confirmation of this story on the net, has anybody any evidence to support it?

Road Transport

pete-b:
:? Kent Connection are advertising on the Jobcentre website for drivers today. :confused:

Been advertised since september

The article in RoadTransport only says administration so it is likely that it closed temporarily while the administrators took control and a few drivers may have disappeared during this period. As someone scanning the JCP website daily i can tell you they haven`t been on there for a good month or so therefore the ad will more than likely be current. The administrators will, after all, be hoping to sell it on as a going concern.