firm closes

kent connection closes the doors last friday another north east haulage firm down the pan

Oh dear, tough times at the moment.

Jeepers Creepers… :open_mouth:

Just goes to show most haulage work for your 2% profit margin is a total waste of energy. Doesn’t take much to go wrong to bankrupt a firm if they’re on the industry average.

Saw another diesel thief filling a 25 litre tub on the sly while he was filling his wagon up at the svcs the other day, bet he’d be first to bemoan this cruel world when his firm goes bust and he has no next pay cheque. :unamused:

I don’t think they’ll be missed but commiserations to those who now have to find a new job.

44 Tonne Ton:
I don’t think they’ll be missed but commiserations to those who now have to find a new job.

This is true but they did do a lot of the markets & fridge work

have heard a rumour bout another ne company but will leave it at that fro now

When will it stop , been a good 2 year of companies going to the wall :frowning: Depressing stuff :exclamation:

Some companys that are in a bad standing will always find it hard to keep going in times like these.

We have work coming out our ears, im always being asked to do overtime in my 4 days off.

Yeah, the trailers & units were a bit tatty & I bet they paid the drivers minimum wage but you’d always see a fair few of them out and about and they always had a stand trailer in tesco’s at thurrock so they must have had some decent work.

Alcapone, I see Ramage is treating you well then chief, happy days. they do seem like a smart outfit.

Silver_Surfer:

Just goes to show most haulage work for your 2% profit margin is a total waste of energy. Doesn’t take much to go wrong to bankrupt a firm if they’re on the industry average.

Saw another diesel thief filling a 25 litre tub on the sly while he was filling his wagon up at the svcs the other day, bet he’d be first to bemoan this cruel world when his firm goes bust and he has no next pay cheque. :unamused:

couple of years ago i was in birmingham saw one of carters of felixstowe filling up jerry cans of derv i rang up the company and reported the driver i bet he got a p45 i got a call from the depot manager the following day to say thanks you dont steal from the company you work for

spanishvan:
…couple of years ago i was in birmingham saw one of carters of felixstowe filling up jerry cans of derv i rang up the company and reported the driver i bet he got a p45 i got a call from the depot manager the following day to say thanks you dont steal from the company you work for

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lookout, INCOMING!!!.. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Silver_Surfer:
Yeah, the trailers & units were a bit tatty & I bet they paid the drivers minimum wage but you’d always see a fair few of them out and about and they always had a stand trailer in tesco’s at thurrock so they must have had some decent work.

Alcapone, I see Ramage is treating you well then chief, happy days. they do seem like a smart outfit.

I don’t think I’d jump to conclusions about Tossco work!

spanishvan:

Silver_Surfer:

couple of years ago i was in birmingham saw one of carters of felixstowe filling up jerry cans of derv i rang up the company and reported the driver i bet he got a p45 i got a call from the depot manager the following day to say thanks you dont steal from the company you work for

But it’s ok to steal from someone else? Is there a difference?

saw one of their outfits on M8 around lunchtime today, livingstone area :smiley:

So sad to ear that another firm as gone bust :frowning:

Silver_Surfer:

Things are going well, touch wood things continue that way, im happy enough with my XF, some of the trailers have seen better days, but the majority I pull are a year or two old :slight_smile:

TBH, most of the Kent Connection drivers I came across on the road, usually on the A1, were of the knob head variety. They must have been running absolutely at the limit. I’d go as far as to say if you had a clean licence, they wouldn’t offer you a job.

spanishvan:

Fair play to you, I know i’m biased as I’m an operator, i’ve had drivers pinching diesel off me in the past, they usually get found out in the end and then it’s see you later. I’ve always paid my drivers a decent whack and treated them well so I do take it personally if anyone is taking the ■■■■.

You could maybe just maybe excuse it if it’s from a massive company that makes loads & loads of profit but they’re usually the firms who analyse every last drop of fuel so you probably couldn’t get away with it anyway.

If you get caught it’s a criminal record and see if anyone gives you a driving job with “diesel thief” on your card.

i seen one of there trucks tipping at tesco purfleet this week

dustylfc:
i seen one of there trucks tipping at tesco purfleet this week

Yep they have been around this week as from what I have heard they closed there doors today

Silver_Surfer:
Fair play to you, I know i’m biased as I’m an operator, i’ve had drivers pinching diesel off me in the past, they usually get found out in the end and then it’s see you later. I’ve always paid my drivers a decent whack and treated them well so I do take it personally if anyone is taking the ■■■■.

I was with a platform access company and returned to the depot one evening to find an agency driver filling his car with diesel from the main tank. He didn’t hear me approach as I parked out the front and walked through the building (via the loos). He’d pumped in about 30 litres as far as I could tell from the gauge and tried to claim I was mistaken.

I informed the engineer on call in a joking way. The driver hadn’t understood that our ‘main’ diesel tank in the yard was for red diesel, as being cherrypickers, that is what they run on. The company stopped using that particular agency over that little incident and the chap lost his car to VOSA, who often do spot checks of diesel cars of plant equipment drivers apparently…

Another job I thought I was safe in, although I subsequently buggered that up too :frowning: