Fined, urinaring in lay-by. Updated

Think best delete this just incase

Bloody hell.

I know in my area theyve hidden cameras in some laybyes ,praps that bloke in his car is activating the camera by a remote!

Do a printout for that day and check the time. Were you stationary or driving?

Are you sure this isn’t a wind up as Waterhouses, Waterfall and Leek are nearby not to mention Wetton and Bottomhouse.

Just a thought.

I’d push it just to see what proof they have other than a man in a layby taking number plates.

I suspect at that point it will get dropped as its hardly “in the public interest” to continue a formal prosecution and I suspect its just a finger jn the wind from the council to try and scare someone into paying a penalty rather than being willing to fight it

“No I wasnt urinating, I was inspecting the condition of my tyres. Can you prove otherwise?” would be my response.

Looks like a old letterhead to me purloined by the old boy when he worked there and now being judge and jury.

Bugger me I would make headline news, I stop at certain laybys everyday.
Instead of fining people why not put more rest area’s suitable like in France.

There is no law regarding urinating so you can’t get done fot that.
Also the mentioned section is about littering which doesnt apply unless you were seen throwing rubbish on the floor.

Discount if payed within 14 days is usually half the amount. In your case its only 20 pounds reduction which is another reason for me to think its a scare or prank.

Also no reference number and appeal process.

Just say you were filling up your adblue tank?

I’d be wanting some sort of photographic evidence otherwise it’s one persons word against another. Could always claim a medical condition meaning you need to go urgently. If you have prostate cancer treatment, they even give you a card stating that.

Surely the initial contact from the council would ask your employer for details of the driver concerned who they would then contact with details of the offence and possible fines. As said don’t think urinating is illegal - unless you are facing the oncoming traffic and waving it about :smiley:

Not a wind up I’ve just blurred out any ref numbers vehicles reg etc before posting the letter.

Beau Nydel:
Surely the initial contact from the council would ask your employer for details of the driver concerned who they would then contact with details of the offence and possible fines. As said don’t think urinating is illegal - unless you are facing the oncoming traffic and waving it about :smiley:

Yes page 2 asks for details of driver etc.

For what it`s worth…
legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/43/section/87

Is there a legit means of payment on the back of the shown sheet?
Reference?
And hopefully a means of contact to verify it is legit?

If it passes a few easy tests…and unless you are sure it couldn`t have been you?..cough up.

Sounds like of old Horlicks to me

Daani:
There is no law regarding urinating so you can’t get done fot that.
Also the mentioned section is about littering which doesnt apply unless you were seen throwing rubbish on the floor.

Discount if payed within 14 days is usually half the amount. In your case its only 20 pounds reduction which is another reason for me to think its a scare or prank.

Also no reference number and appeal process.

Quick google search;

In the UK, public urination was made a criminal offence under the 1986 Public Order Act. Anyone found guilty of public urination may be fined for it. However, it is not necessarily an example of indecent exposure’.

I’d let it go to court, but then, I am a very awkward man sometimes.
You would get the opportunity to ask some quite searching questions.
e.g… If you had gone into the trailer to urinate, and it had run out onto the ground, would that still be classed as “public urination”, if you had peed in a bottle then poured the contents on the road, would that be “public urination”? The possibilities are endless.
If, of course, you were standing there, waving your wand and alarming the lieges, maybe best to cough up right away, save any embarrassment.