Fined, urinaring in lay-by. Updated

msgyorkie:
“No I wasnt urinating, I was inspecting the condition of my tyres. Can you prove otherwise?” would be my response.

This all day

I always thought it was ok to pee up your nearside wheel if caught short as long as it was out of sight, what if you can’t make it to the services/toilets?

It kinda…

Looks fake, the date stamp appears to have came from a John Bull printing set.

However, the fact that they access to DVLA number plate information gives it a great deal of credence.

What should you do? It’s the upstanding thing to fight through the courts and proclaim your innocence to a scrum of reporters outside. The reality is, you’ll spend a ■■■■ ton of your own hard earned with no guarantee of success. Far easier to pull your pants down (again) and pay the money to make it go away.

I could have sworn the government said we were gonna get lots of new facilities so this kinda thing would stop.

Section 87.

Offence of leaving litter.

(1)If any person throws down, drops or otherwise deposits in, into or from any place to which this section applies, and leaves, any thing whatsoever in such circumstances as to cause, or contribute to, or tend to lead to, the defacement by litter of any place to which this section applies, he shall, subject to subsection (2) below, be guilty of an offence.

Is Urine classed as litter & if so would it cause defacement of an area.

Someone is trying to fleece you. This letter is nothing more than an allegation with no proof of anything, with a threat of court proceedings. But everything goes away if you pay up? Someone learned a thing or two from a gambino. Unless someone has an undeniable proof that someone was urinating in public, it could all be just a fella emptying his, camelback style, hydration bag. Even with undeniable proof I think no solicitor and definitely no barrister would pursue court action for £2500.
Tell them to ■■■■ off.

Section 87 deals with littering and the councl don’t have powers to request drivers details, I am sure the police only have the power to request driver details when a moving traffic offence has been comitted

SEction 88 says

[F3(8A)If an authorised officer of a litter authority proposes to give a person a notice under this section, the officer may require the person to give him his name and address.

(8B)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he fails to give his name and address when required to do so under subsection (8A) above, or

(b)he gives a false or inaccurate name or address in response to a requirement under that subsection.

Under section 88 A littering from a vehicle, the council can only issue a penalty to the keeper of the vehicle

I had a similar fine. Although I got caught by a litter warden lol.

■■■■ handed.

I paid it.

The date stamp will most likely be the company stamping it on the day it arrived, so they have proof of when it was received standard practise in most companies.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Old bloke in lay-by with too much time, or office having a laugh, either way would of laughed and said some ones 'taking the p i s s …" lol…

As for litter fines …
youtube litter wardens on YouTube and also see that, those wardens are nothing more than private paid companies, and they only can act, if you sign their contract, eg the ticket is not a ticket but a contract, also picking up the litter and putting it in a bin, stops any actions…

You tube link…
youtu.be/okJQ3j0Ip8s

THE LAWS USED FOR PUBLIC URINATION

Penalties for public urination is usually included in the by-laws of individual local authorities under section 235 of the Local Government Act 1972.

If you are caught urinating in public, you are likely to receive a PND (Penalty Notice for Disorder) under Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986

I argued with the council about it not being covered under the littering law.

They ignored me pretty much.
Basically comes down to if you got the time on your hands to potentially go to court to fight it.
Most people also don’t want a judge to see pics of them taking a ■■■■■ in court.
It 90% won’t end up in court but always a chance

A good defense would be you wet yourself. That’s hard to prove and is not an offence unless they got some quality layby cameras

I was fined for urinating in public. I might have gotten away with it if I hadn’t written my name in the snow.

The letter appears to be threatening the owner of the vehicle with prosecution. The owner has no responsibility for this at all and cannot be prosecuted for it. It would be interesting to see the second and any other subsequent pages.

ChrisArbon:
I was fined for urinating in public. I might have gotten away with it if I hadn’t written my name in the snow.

I hope it was in your handwriting then! :laughing:

Definitely you driving that day?

I thought there was a concession allowing carters to pee against the rear nearside wheel of there wagon. Your union (URTU) might enjoy pursuing this in court.

Have checked this out. It is a Myth.

trucken:
I’d be wanting some sort of photographic evidence otherwise it’s one persons word against another. Could always claim a medical condition meaning you need to go urgently. If you have prostate cancer treatment, they even give you a card stating that.

Really, I’ve never been issued with one , I just carry letters from consultant about it & letters about diabetis , I’ll ask my urology nurse about this card , would make it easier than carrying loads of letters

Optimum:
I thought there was a concession allowing carters to pee against the rear nearside wheel of there wagon. Your union (URTU) might enjoy pursuing this in court.

Myth buster - although it also says no law forbidding it :confused:

“Is it legal for a man to urinate in public, as long it is against the rear offside wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle?

Although this is widely reported as fact, this is actually not true. There is no general law forbidding urination in public, although it is often an offence under local bylaws. The same is true of the oft-cited ‘law’ that pregnant women are allowed to urinate in a policeman’s helmet. There is no law allowing or forbidding such a practice, but local authorities are expected to exercise discretion in these cases. So, while there is no law forbidding a pregnant woman from urinating into a policeman’s helmet, a policeman is unlikely to offer her such an opportunity.”

What has your employer said about it? I’d expect them to consult with their company solicitor, but they aren’t going to give you impartial advice, so you’d do well to get proper legal advice of your own. Personally I wouldn’t recommend ignoring this and wouldn’t recommend representing yourself, unless you’ve got some relevant experience.

You can usually get a short, free consultation with a solicitor by filling in a form online, here’s one link to start you off, plenty of other options out there.

staffordshireconnects.info/ … hannel=8-7

Councils will usually have solicitors working full time for them, so it’s zero effort for them to take it to court.

Is it worth £120 not to have your name in the local rag and not to have to take time off work to go to court? You’d pay more than that to be represented by a solicitor, and with no guarantee of winning.