Fined for being early

Has anybody ever been fined for being early. Just watch a you tube
and he says you can get fined for being early. Personley I would
say his talking out of his backside. What your thoughts.
Here is the video

youtube.com/watch?v=BwulKmM … UGdHJ1Y2tz

fingermissing:
Has anybody ever been fined for being early. Just watch a you tube
and he says you can get fined for being early. Personley I would
say his talking out of his backside. What your thoughts.
Here is the video

youtube.com/watch?v=BwulKmM … UGdHJ1Y2tz

Saw who it was and stopped watching. I’ll get the gist from upcoming comments.

Comment section seems to be corroborating his assertions. Personally never been told I’d be fined, but I’ve been told to leave site and come back in the delivery window.

Apparently B&Q can be quite arsy with early arrivals :unamused:

More at their DCs than their stores from experience, if we are running early, we just give the store the option to take it early without redemption, some stores ■■■■■■ your hand off especially if the stock on board is selling well :wink:

Not watched video .
But if he got fined for being early then I’d be tempted to fine them if I’m tipped late /not on time only fair.
They expect us there for a specific time . We get there then end up waiting .
Yes I know technally we can add on waiting time if we haven’t been tipped with in a set time frame.
And to be honest don’t know why company’s dont.

Too much b/s to find the relevant part of vid…CBA , life’s too short to endure that type of crap this time of morning.:laughing:

That said if ‘they’ are now charging for being early, it is like every other ■■■■ take that is now being regularly implemented in this ■■■■ job…, including, or especially,.crap being passed down from firms to drivers) :bulb:
‘‘They’’ only do this stuff because they are allowed to, and ‘they’ only get away with it because they know they WILL be allowed to’'. :bulb:

Deal with it in the way that all the existing crap SHOULD have been dealt with…
NIP IT IN THE BUD before it becomes the norm. :bulb:

How it is…

Enforced? I can’t see drivers handing over a crisp £50 note to the gatehouse.

If they knock it off the contract, unless it’s in the T&Cs, then you could argue it’s been short paid and add your own penalty.

You’d think they’d be pleased to see it early, it would help their own productivity right?

As usual, if the hauliers play dead ant, it’ll become the norm.

So far in the last week, we’ve started giving diesel away because it’s cheaper than trying to protect it, paying MSAs £30+ to park whilst still having your curtains slashed and now £50 in penalties for arriving early.

I know of firms at the crappy end of the scale that would pass on the bill to the driver. :imp: …and think nothing of it. :unamused:

robroy:
Too much b/s to find the relevant part of vid…CBA , life’s too short

Agreed. :smiley:

Assuming it is a company fining a transport company for arriving too early for a booking time?

If it is in the contract, , then that is the way it is.
If the transporter doesnt want to abide by the rules, then dont pull the goods.

I`m assuming that the site has loads of trucks coming outside booking slots and either congesting the site or the local area. They might have gotten ■■■■■■ off with being nice and polite, and are now putting their foot down, with a firm hand! :smiley:

If you have a slot booked, stick to it.
If you can`t stick to it, rebook.

Be it drivers after an early finish, or the office wanting to squeeze a bit more into the day, why should the warehouse put up with inconvenience of it all?

NB
Sure there are loads of poorly run depot of all sorts who dont stick to the slots themselves. Agreed. But if transporters were stricter about demurrage charges (fines) against warehouses, and many here advocate for that, wouldnt that make it better? Let`s have some even handedness.

Pas the bill from company to driver? I would ensure I would never be anywhere near early for a booking. An extra coffee or two is rarely a problem for me.

Ok…if a penalty IS in the contract for turning up early, said crappy firms who charge their drivers for anything they can get away with…(they ARE out there :unamused: ),.MUST inform their drivers of the situation.
Then if driver is in that much of a stress to turn up far too early and then gets fined, he has only himself to blame.
I ■■■■ hate timed deliveries personally, (although I do not do many of them)

Way I see it is the world ain’t gonna end if I rock up with a load of bog rolls 20 mins late, and if they do kick off it should work both ways,.the driver should be justified in kicking off if they tip him late also.

robroy:
crappy firms who charge their drivers for anything they can get away with…(they ARE out there ),.MUST inform their drivers of the situation.
Then if driver is in that much of a stress to turn up far too early and then gets fined, he has only himself to blame.

Absolutely agree.

robroy:
Way I see it is the world ain’t gonna end if I rock up with a load of bog rolls 20 mins late, and if they do kick off it should work both ways,.the driver should be justified in kicking off if they tip him late also.

Yep, agree (more or less) again.

Fines or demurrage should work both ways. It is up to transport companies to only agree to haul goods under decent contracts.

It should work both ways, but rarely does. Some companies are big enough to impose onerous conditions on suppliers of goods or services (transport). Look at farmers and other suppliers. The buying company sets the price, not the supplier.

I was involved in transporting goods for a “household name / market leader” company. In order to shift all their goods in volume they were dependent on various big outlets. Mostly it was the retailers who set out the terms and conditions of contracts.
If household names dont get much leverage with supermarkets etc, then unfortunately Joe Bloggs Trucking dont stand much chance!

Most RDCs take arrival times with a pinch of salt and deal with drivers as they turn up but the worst place I frequent is Asda Warrington. There’s a lad in the office and he always has to make some kind of arsey comment if your arrival time isn’t spot on.

Last time I was in there about 4 or 5 drivers were in that little room filling out the arrival slips and once we’d handed them in one after another he just barked out “You should’ve been here at such n such time, you blah blah time” etc etc.

Doesn’t he get bored of hearing his own voice droning on and on every day.

Number 1 - If I’m 2 hours late it’s not because I stopped off at the pub for 2 hours and watched day time sports with the dole dossers. I want to get home too you know.

Number 2 - If I’m an hour early I’m not parking up for an hour just so I can arrive in your special time window. Unless it’s Tesco obviously. I know your yard at Asda Warrington has plenty space and I’m happy to wait my turn.

Terry T:
Most RDCs take arrival times with a pinch of salt and deal with drivers as they turn up but the worst place I frequent is Asda Warrington. There’s a lad in the office and he always has to make some kind of arsey comment if your arrival time isn’t spot on.

Last time I was in there about 4 or 5 drivers were in that little room filling out the arrival slips and once we’d handed them in one after another he just barked out “You should’ve been here at such n such time, you blah blah time” etc etc.

Doesn’t he get bored of hearing his own voice droning on and on every day.

Number 1 - If I’m 2 hours late it’s not because I stopped off at the pub for 2 hours and watched day time sports with the dole dossers. I want to get home too you know.

Number 2 - If I’m an hour early I’m not parking up for an hour just so I can arrive in your special time window. Unless it’s Tesco obviously. I know your yard at Asda Warrington has plenty space and I’m happy to wait my turn.

Mate you know what?..I would not even bother my arse attempting to explain to this prick why you are ‘‘late’’, he obviously knows ■■■■ all about anything,.and probably assumes you all sit around the corner for an hour waiting for your book in time to click over, instead of just completing something up to a 9 hour journey to get there.
Obviously he’s too dumb to realise that sh happens during road journeys and you can not account for unforseens.

My standard answer if ever I’m greeted with…‘‘You should have been here for 8 o clock’’ is to look at them with a big stupid grin and eagerly say ‘‘Why what happened,.what have I missed’’. :smiley:

If you take these type of pricks seriously, it only encourages them. :unamused:
I personally have a zero tolerance towards knob heads, and tend to show it to them. :grimacing:

Terry T:
. Unless it’s Tesco obviously. I n.

Why?

stu675:

Terry T:

Why?

Their booking in screens just tell you to go away and come back later if you turn up over an hour before your booking time.

Terry T:

stu675:

Terry T:

Why?

Their booking in screens just tell you to go away and come back later if you turn up over an hour before your booking time.

Ahh! The benefits of dealing with a machine over humans. [emoji849][emoji23]

robroy:
My standard answer if ever I’m greeted with…‘‘You should have been here for 8 o clock’’ is to look at them with a big stupid grin and eagerly say ‘‘Why what happened,.what have I missed’’. :smiley:

If you take these type of pricks seriously, it only encourages them. :unamused:
I personally have a zero tolerance towards knob heads, and tend to show it to them. :grimacing:

Yep, my replies vary but I’ve always got something sarcastic to say to them. Telling them you fell asleep on the services is a good one, the look on their poor faces :smiley:

There’s a company in Wales we deliver to, security kept turning me away if I was early…

So I started to park opposite their entrance in a side road and have a break, the warehouse guy could see me parked up and didn’t like that I was waiting for the actual time I’m booked in!!

He said if you’re early in future could you try to deliver, I said security keep turning me away, the next time I was early I was let straight in!!! :laughing:

I deliver high-value stuff to Argos at Barton-under-Needwood.

If I turn up and they say “You’re too early” I just say “Oh, ok, we’re told that we’re not allowed to stop anywhere on the way but if we arrive early and we’re turned away and we get robbed then so long as we’ve phoned up and said we’ve been turned away then it’s apparently all down to Argos”

Funnily enough they always let me in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Primark in Thrapston used to fine the agency if drivers delivered early. An “early” was treated exactly the same as a late, a failure.