Finding work

Harry Monk:
Somebody who did it 30 years ago, who would have far more idea of which firms to try and which not to try and would have built up numerous contacts in the industry in that time.

That’s wonderful Harry, perhaps you could get Doug ■■■ 69er a job using the numerous contacts you’ve built up or at least suggest which firms to try and which not to try?

If not, then what you just said was a bit pointless innit bled?

I found a job for a friend of a friend just a week after he had passed his C+E, I’m not from the OP’s area but a quick search of the DWP website suggests that this agency will place Class 2 drivers with less than 2 years experience. jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =WIL/28197

I would add that if the OP can afford it, a C+E licence would greatly increase his chances of finding work.

Correct me if I am wrong here but where did I say that it was driving I was on about :question:

As a lot of people in the late 70’s needed 2 years experience with all the qualifications it didnt matter what job / career you wanted to go into

But remember back then there ware no such thing as Mcdonalds etc

animal:
As a lot of people in the late 70’s needed 2 years experience with all the qualifications it didnt matter what job / career you wanted to go into

Yes there was. McD’s started in 1954 in California.

Maccy D’s opened their first UK restaurant in Woolwich in 1974.

It’s just as ■■■■■ a place today as it was back then… :smiley:

Truckulent:

animal:

Yes there was. McD’s started in 1954 in California.

Maccy D’s opened their first UK restaurant in Woolwich in 1974.

It’s just as [zb] a place today as it was back then… :smiley:

Calafornia & Wollwich a bit far from me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But wouldnt know as never worked there

ang did you have grandfather rights when you got yer licence :laughing:

mark ■■■

marcus 22:

mark ■■■

Off course but dont think I am as old as you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

marcus 22:

mark ■■■

Off course but dont think I am as old as you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

first medical last week man :blush:

docs are cheeky t*ats loose weight am like a racing snake

mark

marcus 22:

animal:

marcus 22:

mark ■■■

first medical last week man :blush:

docs are cheeky t*ats loose weight am like a racing snake

mark

Aye right if you say so you must be older than me as you remember the 60’s I dont :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

late 60s, when i used to go with dad in the lorry, :blush: :wink:

regards

young mark

animal:
Aye right if you say so you must be older than me as you remember the 60’s I dont :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, like they say, if you can remember the 60’s, you weren’t there. :wink:

nice one harry :laughing:

mark

Harry Monk:

animal:

Well, like they say, if you can remember the 60’s, you weren’t there. :wink:

Or far too young like me :sunglasses:

like harry says just keep plugging away, if you want it bad enough something will turn up,

good luck and hope you get sorted,

regards

mark

I think the best way way is to get any job to get the expierence thats how i done in Poland. And search for a better one. Im working for a year and know have exp. drive mostly 4-axle lories, and in PL its a lot harder then in England. but Now if I have expierence a litlle bit of god will dont have o problem with findibg the job I want. Hope I`ll have someday chance to get some expieriece in UK hpefully.

When I start my transport company, I’m only going to take on newly qualified drivers, then I can teach them how to do the job properly. In fact, I’ll probably advertise for drivers on a hoarding opposite my local LGV test centre.

and i hope you employ local guys harry keep the insurance claims down :wink:

mark

marcus 22:
and i hope you employ local guys harry keep the insurance claims down :wink:

mark

Yes, I would do that too. I wouldn’t refuse to employ an eastern European if he was fit for the job, and it would be illegal for me to give employment to a local person over a non-local person.

I would have more sense than to advertise a job saying “English people only need apply”, but when I interviewed potential staff then it would be up to me and me alone to decide which candidate best suited my business model and nobody can tell what is going on inside my mind. :wink:

Harry Monk:
… and nobody can tell what is going on inside my mind. :wink:

Probably for the best, eh Harry? :laughing:
(Just joking mate!)