FFS - dCPC idiots

So my mate did his last dCPC session yesterday, on the phone before and he said
“I learned something new on the dCPC course, did you know that you could get fined for not winding your legs all the way up? £60 per wind”

What chance have we got whilst there’s ■■■■■■■ idiots like this TEACHING people :unamused:

So, after correcting him, I rang another mate to have a laugh about this and he told me that it’s TRUE and I’m wrong because he’s been told this a few times so it must be true :unamused:

I think I give up

waynedl:
So my mate did his last dCPC session yesterday, on the phone before and he said
“I learned something new on the dCPC course, did you know that you could get fined for not winding your legs all the way up? £60 per wind”

What chance have we got whilst there’s [zb] idiots like this TEACHING people :unamused:

So, after correcting him, I rang another mate to have a laugh about this and he told me that it’s TRUE and I’m wrong because he’s been told this a few times so it must be true :unamused:

I think I give up

The problem is that anyone can become a DCPC trainer, you hand over the money and get on with seeing how much misinformation you can dish out.

On the plus side, it should help to keep course costs down :smiley:

Stupid is as stupid does.

Everyone knows that is not the case. It is £100 a turn now…

The cpc trainier on my course was saying that if you dont have your full 35 hours for septekber then you need to resit your hgv,i had tears on my face from laughing

Jeesus. . . This DCPC lark is full of more bull ■■■■ than a tosco waiting room.

I learnt yesterday that if the fuel cap has the ability to be locked with a key then it has to be locked, if it’s not locked its a fine.
But older trucks without a lockable fuel caps are fine as they are.

This is why I have a major issue with the dcpc,I’m all for the it in principle but it’s the rick heads that are allegedly teaching us that are letting the whole thing down.
Some drivers are like a sponge and take in any bull crap that they are told.

I thought it was £30 a turn, how times change… :laughing:

yorkshire terrier:
This is why I have a major issue with the dcpc,I’m all for the it in principle but it’s the rick heads that are allegedly teaching us that are letting the whole thing down.
Some drivers are like a sponge and take in any bull crap that they are told.

The problem is, this was introduced because drivers (probably the minority tbh) didn’t know the rules, so if you’re being told you must do this to learn rules and regs then the point IS to take it in.

The drivers aren’t the problem as such, it’s the lecturers spouting bollox that’s the problem.

truckyboy:

It was :wink: :wink:

One of the old boys i work with was told on his that he can not work more the 48 hours a week including driving time

truckyboy:

Thats if it’s in the lower gear.

nearly there:
One of the old boys i work with was told on his that he can not work more the 48 hours a week including driving time

He is actually correct that is what the rule is you cant work more than 60 hours in any one week but you have a maximum of 1248 hours if you are on a 26 week period or 816 on a 17 week period breaks and POA don’t count

The leg winding [zb] may be wrong, but at least it it stops them getting into trouble. :smiley:

Is this a WIND UP thread :question: :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
Is this a WIND UP thread :question: :wink: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Its time this thread was wound up now - or face a fine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:

That’s inflation for you!

Ronnie W:

nearly there:

He is actually correct that is what the rule is you cant work more than 60 hours in any one week but you have a maximum of 1248 hours if you are on a 26 week period or 816 on a 17 week period breaks and POA don’t count

Well i feel sorry for laughing in my workmates face but i forgot to mention we work on log books under domestic regs

bestbooties:

truckyboy:

That’s inflation for you!

No, inflation is £12 per psi.