FFS - dCPC idiots

:imp: I reckon there should be fines for shunters who leave trailers so high on tip-toe, that you need to put blocks on top of your fully-raised 5th wheel to get hold of the damned thing… :imp:

Winseer:
:evil: I reckon there should be fines for shunters who leave trailers so high on tip-toe, that you need to put blocks on top of your fully-raised 5th wheel to get hold of the damned thing… :imp:

In defence of shunters (this is new territory for me! :smiley: ) I’ve never encountered a shunter who touched the legs, so I’d assume it was the last pilchard of a driver who dropped it like that originally.

I’ve actually asked guys in our yard why exactly they boost the unit suspension up prior to pulling the pin only to get a mumbled answer along the lines of “well I’ve always done it that way”.

I try to reciprocate if I find out I’m dropping one off for them :imp:

trubster:
Everyone knows that is not the case. It is £100 a turn now…

and 80 lashes of the cat ‘o’ nine tails in public…oh and a £15 victims surcharge

I wonder how many of these reports of things being said on DCPC courses aren’t the instructors saying it but other people in the room.

My experience of DCPCs courses so far is that there is always a loud mouth know it all in the room, who spouts the normal RDC stuff and maybe a couple ready to back him up. This BS then gets reported on here as told on my DCPC course.

The instructor should pick them up on it, but they have to do it without making the guy look a [zb].

The other thing is have those on the course actually grasped what’s been said,

Eg instructor says you can’t work more than a 48 hours week including driving, averaged over a reference period.

Driver remembers, " you can’t work more than 48 hours a week including driving"

Without a test how can you be sure what been taught has been understood?

Of course I’m not saying that all instructors are experts and the standard of training must vary from good to appalling, but we can’t jump to judge the instructors as [zb] in every case.

My first post, big hello to y`all!

I learnt on my first dCPC course that the trainer didn`t know tacho rules and i can only manage 11 coffees in 8 hours before my bladder explodes lol

i had my 3rd course yesterday , aparantly the year 5 module ■■?

it was boring as ■■■■ in the morning , but afternoon it was entertaining as the chap doing it appeared to be either high as a kite / ■■■■■■ / in a world of his own , he spent a good half a hour talking to his self,

dcpc would be the best thing in the world if they taught what needs teaching

how to correctly strap loads (practical test)

best way to secure a pallet truck

reversing onto bays

map routing taking into consideration vehicle dimensions

how to rub a greasy glove over fresh damage

stuff what will come in .

big boots:

reversing onto bays

What an interesting life you lead :laughing:

ezydriver:

big boots:

reversing onto bays

What an interesting life you lead :laughing:

yeah did’nt read it back like that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ya reight !!!

big boots:

reversing onto bays

How to rub a greasy glover over fresh damage…quality, I really did think only I did this!!
When I was younger of course!

Look595:

big boots:

reversing onto bays

How to rub a greasy glover over fresh damage…quality, I really did think only I did this!!
When I was younger of course!

do them like they do you :smiley:
think how many times you’ve taken a wagon out and they’ve kept quiet about something wrong with it :angry: then you find out about an hour later when it’s too late to do owt about it.